• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

616---The Number of the Beast

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Or the meanings are beyond your ability to understand their meanings.
Maybe the people we lock away in institutions as mentally ill for smearing their own feces on walls are actually wise prophets and it's simply beyond our ability to understand the profound meaning behind their creations.

In Revelation 13:1-2 and 11-18 we read:

The Beast From the Sea

1 Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads. There was a crown on each of its horns. It had an evil name written on each head. 2 This beast looked like a leopard, with feet like a bear’s feet. It had a mouth like a lion’s mouth. The dragon gave the beast all of its power and its throne and great authority.

The Beast From the Earth

11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he talked like a dragon. 12 This beast stood before the first beast and used the same power the first beast had. He used this power to make everyone living on the earth worship the first beast. The first beast was the one that had the death wound that was healed. 13 The second beast did great miracles. He even made fire come down from heaven to earth while people were watching.

14 This second beast fooled the people living on earth by using the miracles that he had been given the power to do for the first beast. He ordered people to make an idol to honor the first beast, the one that was wounded by the sword but did not die. 15 The second beast was given power to give life to the idol of the first beast. Then the idol could speak and order all those who did not worship it to be killed. 16 The second beast also forced all people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to have a mark put on their right hand or on their forehead. 17 No one could buy or sell without this mark. (This mark is the name of the beast or the number of its name.)

18 Anyone who has understanding can find the meaning of the beast’s number. This requires wisdom. This number is the number of a man. It is 666.
As noted below, 666 has become quite a significant number. Perhaps the most widely known and feared number in the entire Bible. A symbol of the Anti-Christ.

images
chick-01-666.jpg

But maybe its bad rep is wholly undeserved.

number%20of%20the%20beast_zpsb6j09e0x.png
Lloyd, John & Mitchinson, John, The Book of General Ignorance:
Everything You Think You Know is Wrong.
New York. Harmony Books, 2006. p 79

So, what's the consequence of this age old mistake in the Bible?

The prophesy is ... out dated.
Why would such a mark be needed?
It is far easier (and more reliable) to simply use biometrics.

meghanwaterlillies

In Revelation 13:1-2 and 11-18 we read:

The Beast From the Sea

1 Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads. There was a crown on each of its horns. It had an evil name written on each head. 2 This beast looked like a leopard, with feet like a bear’s feet. It had a mouth like a lion’s mouth. The dragon gave the beast all of its power and its throne and great authority.

The Beast From the Earth

11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he talked like a dragon. 12 This beast stood before the first beast and used the same power the first beast had. He used this power to make everyone living on the earth worship the first beast. The first beast was the one that had the death wound that was healed. 13 The second beast did great miracles. He even made fire come down from heaven to earth while people were watching.

14 This second beast fooled the people living on earth by using the miracles that he had been given the power to do for the first beast. He ordered people to make an idol to honor the first beast, the one that was wounded by the sword but did not die. 15 The second beast was given power to give life to the idol of the first beast. Then the idol could speak and order all those who did not worship it to be killed. 16 The second beast also forced all people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to have a mark put on their right hand or on their forehead. 17 No one could buy or sell without this mark. (This mark is the name of the beast or the number of its name.)

18 Anyone who has understanding can find the meaning of the beast’s number. This requires wisdom. This number is the number of a man. It is 666.
As noted below, 666 has become quite a significant number. Perhaps the most widely known and feared number in the entire Bible. A symbol of the Anti-Christ.

images
chick-01-666.jpg

But maybe its bad rep is wholly undeserved.

number%20of%20the%20beast_zpsb6j09e0x.png
Lloyd, John & Mitchinson, John, The Book of General Ignorance:
Everything You Think You Know is Wrong.
New York. Harmony Books, 2006. p 79

So, what's the consequence of this age old mistake in the Bible?

I don't know dude but I liked the number 616.. Before you said anything about it. Well I guess it doesn't really change my mind.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I don't know dude but I liked the number 616.. Before you said anything about it. Well I guess it doesn't really change my mind.
Did you know that if you subtract 616 from 919 (616 turned upside down) you get 303, which turned upside down spells EOE, the acronym for End Of Eternity.

giphy.gif

omega2xx

The entirety of the chr-stian texts were written in Greek. Why even bring up Hebrew? It is clearly obvious that none of the authors of the chr-stian texts knew anything about Hebrew, Jews or Judaism.

That is nonsense. Only the N.T is in Greek and some Aramaic. The scholars that translate the Bible, including the O.T., know Hebrew better than you do. Some of them are Jewish.