• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

60% of Embryos

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Perhaps, but that doesn't change the fact that the blame for a world with death and genetic errors falls squarely on this god's shoulders. Attempting to blame it on his inferior creations is dishonest.
Then you don't believe in real free will, only the illusion of free will? If someone is the cause of his own problems, why should we blame God?

QuestioningMind

Then you don't believe in real free will, only the illusion of free will? If someone is the cause of his own problems, why should we blame God?

Sorry, but your god being is the all-powerful creator... the dude in charge. Things happen because that's the way this god being DESIGNED them to happen. This god being chose to create beings that were innocent and gullible, who didn't even understand the concept of deception. THEN this god being puts them in an absolute paradise... but for SOME reason decides to allow a deceptive serpent into this paradise with his innocent and gullible creations, which any god being worth his salt would KNOW would lie to and deceive them.

That would be as if I had a little 3 year old toddler that I leave to play out in front of the house unsupervised everyday. And when the child inevitably runs out into the street and gets injured by a passing car I shrugged my shoulders and say... well it's not MY fault, it's because the child had 'free will'. I TOLD the child not to run out into the street and if I'd actually stayed around to watch the child and stopped them from running out into the street then their 'free will' would only have been an illusion.

But of course as the loving parent is WAS my fault, because as the adult I'm supposed to know that leaving an innocent and gullible child alone where dangerous cars are zipping by is almost a guarantee that my child is going to get hurt or killed. In such a case no one is going to blame the CHILD... they would rightfully blame the PARENT for being irresponsible, and would be appalled if the parent attempted to place the blame on the child for having free will.

It's rather sad how theist so often have to make excuses for their god being's abominable behavior.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Sorry, but your god being is the all-powerful creator... the dude in charge. Things happen because that's the way this god being DESIGNED them to happen. This god being chose to create beings that were innocent and gullible, who didn't even understand the concept of deception. THEN this god being puts them in an absolute paradise... but for SOME reason decides to allow a deceptive serpent into this paradise with his innocent and gullible creations, which any god being worth his salt would KNOW would lie to and deceive them.

That would be as if I had a little 3 year old toddler that I leave to play out in front of the house unsupervised everyday. And when the child inevitably runs out into the street and gets injured by a passing car I shrugged my shoulders and say... well it's not MY fault, it's because the child had 'free will'. I TOLD the child not to run out into the street and if I'd actually stayed around to watch the child and stopped them from running out into the street then their 'free will' would only have been an illusion.

But of course as the loving parent is WAS my fault, because as the adult I'm supposed to know that leaving an innocent and gullible child alone where dangerous cars are zipping by is almost a guarantee that my child is going to get hurt or killed. In such a case no one is going to blame the CHILD... they would rightfully blame the PARENT for being irresponsible, and would be appalled if the parent attempted to place the blame on the child for having free will.

It's rather sad how theist so often have to make excuses for their god being's abominable behavior.
Only it's nothing like that at all. Our choices determined our reality, not God's choice. And God had a rescue plan for that scenario.

QuestioningMind

Only it's nothing like that at all. Our choices determined our reality, not God's choice. And God had a rescue plan for that scenario.

According to your bible that's exactly how it is. Your god is like a parent who let's his 3 year old run out into traffic all because the parent doesn't want to interfere with the child's free will. And his 'rescue plan' is for a scenario that this god being created in the first place. This god being of yours created naïve and gullible creations and then put them in a paradise where this god also allowed a deceptive serpent in, clearly knowing that his creations would be deceived. You can twist yourself into knots all you want trying to deny it, but according to your own book that's precisely what happened.

You may as well be trying to defend the incompetent parent who refused to provide proper supervision of their toddler. Parents have an obligation to protect their children up until the point where they are mature enough to exercise their free will in a safe and rational manner. This god being failed miserably in its responsibilities to its creations... attempting to blame the creations is rather pathetic.

Clizby Wampuscat

So we are not going to protect the 30% because 70% don't make it naturally?