• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

60% of Embryos

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
It's right when people share my view,
ie, abortion is good.

Anyway, anti-abortion types should be
livid that 70% of "babies" die before birth.

I argue that bodily autonomy exists immediately after conception and that the mother has no right to end that, but the mother has in her full power to emancipate the baby and give it up for adoption. Heck, if you even think about getting an abortion as a pregnant woman you should emancipate the child right away. If 70% of embryos are naturally aborted and 25% of pregnancies end in abortion, that's like 85% of embryos ending up in abortion. You have no idea the value of human life and what even one person can do. One person can change the world.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I argue that bodily autonomy exists immediately after conception and that the mother has no right to end that, but the mother has in her full power to emancipate the baby and give it up for adoption. Heck, if you even think about getting an abortion as a pregnant woman you should emancipate the child right away. If 70% of embryos are naturally aborted and 25% of pregnancies end in abortion, that's like 85% of embryos ending up in abortion. You have no idea the value of human life and what even one person can do. One person can change the world.
So let's hope there's enough prospective adopters to receive all these babies.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So 70% of all embryos are not viable. what does that say for life at conception and people's idea that a blastocyst is a human being?

I wouldn't expect that fact to change an opinion that life begins at conception (which is this pro-choicer's position) or that a blastocyst is a human being (I also agree it's human). One just describes miscarriage as the spontaneous death of a human being in utero. I have no problem with that description myself, so why would somebody opposed to legal abortion?

I argue that bodily autonomy exists immediately after conception and that the mother has no right to end that

You must mean for the fetus, but not the mother. That seems pretty arbitrary, since the word autonomous means being an independent agent free to make decisions about one's own life, it applies to the mother only, as the conceptus is 100% dependent until it is old enough to survive delivery.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Proves that God is pro-abortion

QuestioningMind

The individual who is pregnant has bodily autonomy, which means they have the right to decide if their body will be used to biologically support another life form. Since the fertilized egg is 100% dependent upon the biology of another to survive then it by definition does not have bodily autonomy.

QuestioningMind

Why do you think that a collection of developing cells that has the potential to become a living individual, given enough time and the proper conditions, should have more rights than an actual living individual? And why are you willing to force a young woman to risk her life by assuming the potentially lethal complications involved in child birth when that young woman has the potential to change the world?

Why do you care more about a collection of cells that have the potential to become a living individual over someone is is actually a living individual?

QuestioningMind

God originally created a world without death. We screwed that up. All genetic " errors" are due to the original error our first parents made.

Sounds like a pretty weak and ineffectual god being if his inferior creations can 'screw up' this god's master plan. And if this god isn't weak and ineffectual then clearly this god intended for his creations to 'screw up' from the very beginning. Whatever the case may be, the blame for a world with death and genetic errors falls squarely on this god's shoulders.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well of course, cos it's mass murder.
More like a deadly plague...but one that never goes away.
Think of it...from the anti-abortion perspective,70% of the
population is continuously dying of abortion (spontaneous).
Tis no wonder that such folk care naught for Covid 19.
It's nuthin compared to what God does to babies!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
b You have no idea the value of human life and what even one person can do. One person can change the world.
The value of human life depends greatly
upon the individual's age, worth, culture
& other circumstances.
How much?
An actuary could shed some light.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Sounds like a pretty weak and ineffectual god being if his inferior creations can 'screw up' this god's master plan. And if this god isn't weak and ineffectual then clearly this god intended for his creations to 'screw up' from the very beginning. Whatever the case may be, the blame for a world with death and genetic errors falls squarely on this god's shoulders.
Or he has many master plans and will restore creation in the end... and this reality is only temporary.