• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

53 years ago today

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The real clinker in the series was the one which shall not be named.
(Cap'n Archer piloted that disaster.)
It wasn't great by any means, but a couple of the episodes...for example, the last two that closed out the series and visited the "Mirror, Mirror" universe inhabited later by evil Kirk and bearded Spock...

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
On September 8, 1966, Star Trek premiered and went where no man has gone before.

I premiered about six months earlier and I was five when I first remember seeing Star Trek. I have watched it as often as I could, since then.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yup. I think it's possible to get a short-term subscription and binge watch it later on. That's what I'll be looking for when it comes out.

It's cheaper than Netflix, actually. $5.99 with commercials, $9.99 without commercials. They also have other shows and movies, along with live stream of the local CBS affiliate. It's a more limited selection than Netflix, though. Plus their quality isn't that great, in that there's oftentimes lag and "technical difficulties" which seem to happen more often than with other streaming services I've used.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's cheaper than Netflix, actually. $5.99 with commercials, $9.99 without commercials. They also have other shows and movies, along with live stream of the local CBS affiliate. It's a more limited selection than Netflix, though. Plus their quality isn't that great, in that there's oftentimes lag and "technical difficulties" which seem to happen more often than with other streaming services I've used.
I won't be surprised if piracy skyrockets because people aren't going to have the money for this subscription and that subscription. If Game of Thrones is any indication (alleged at one point over half of all viewings were illegally done so), the Age of Streamed TV will also be an Age of E-Pirates.

Shad

Veteran Member
Yeah, but you have to subscribe to CBS All Access to get it. When Star Trek - Discovery came out, it was also only available on CBS All Access.

Space (CTV Scifi) will pick it up in Canada but with broadcast delay.