• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

52% of US Voters are embarrassed by Trump

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Maybe he shouldn't have married her in the first place.
We all make mistakes. I think their marriage was fine though. They just had a mutual agreement that Bill could have a bit of "freedom". To each their own. He got in trouble because he couldn't keep it quiet.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
The popular vote never matters, and our system was designed to specifically prevent popular votes from taking over the country. Looks like it worked, the end. Anyway, the reason why that is the case is to prevent tyranny by the majority, or people in highly populous areas who would, in effect, in a "popular vote only scenario" cancel everyone else's vote so they never have a say.

Thankfully, the founding fathers were much smarter than that.

But it seems they had no idea gerrymandering would be such an issue allowing republicans to hold the majority in the state legislatures and with that they hold a majority in the senate, the house, the executive branch and now a majority on the supreme court. So their wanting to prevent majority rule failed.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I personally have no opinion of Trump's performance at this moment, it's entirely too early to tell what is happening. Currently, what Obama was doing has much more relevance on the day-to-day than the fledgling administration - which basically hasn't even had time to screw anything up yet. (though, I am sure they will screw SOMETHING up... I am unaware of a single President that hasn't somehow.)

Much of what Obama did seems to be of no significance at the moment. Trump's executive orders are overturning Obama's decisions. The senate under republican control have initiated congressional review. New cabinet members are reversing previous administration department rules.... We know who, what and how they will affect but since the new rules changes haven't had time to set in people don't believe what's been going on is affecting them. It's when they actually do start to affect them it will be too late.