• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 years since first moon landing?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
And in this case we had more than enuf money....we had incredible
motivation & dedication. That really does make a huge difference.
and 450,000 people working on the problem...even at the time of the moon landings, though, barely half of Americans polled thought it was a good way to spend the money, preferring infrastructure, education, alleviating poverty, preservation of the environment, etc., as better expenditures. National pride and international reputation were admirable goals, just not everyone's first choice...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
and 450,000 people working on the problem...even at the time of the moon landings, though, barely half of Americans polled thought it was a good way to spend the money, preferring infrastructure, education, alleviating poverty, preservation of the environment, etc., as better expenditures. National pride and international reputation were admirable goals, just not everyone's first choice...
Poor people would've stayed poor anyway.
At least we got to have some real fun going to the Moon.
Those were heady days.
All that tax money actually accomplished something other
than killing foreigners or paying farmers to not grow crops.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Poor people would've stayed poor anyway.
At least we got to have some real fun going to the Moon.
Those were heady days.
All that tax money actually accomplished something other
than killing foreigners or paying farmers to not grow crops.
Yeah, but in the world of politics, certain symbolic actions will always rate higher than other symbolic actions, for some people...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This year the world going to celebrate the first moon landing 50 years after. But my question is.
Did it really happen or is it fake moon landing made in a studio?
What is your thoughts?
Of course it happened. I still remember the broadcast on the ole' b&w.

Wandering Monk

If you stop a moment and consider: humanity left the planet and stood on another celestial body...fifty years ago.

Whatever we humans do in terms of leaving our home, this was the first step.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I was at college watching it on TV in the student common room (in the evening and in the UK) but I can't remember if it was the landing or the moon-walk. Anyone remember?

Last edited:

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I remember watching the first moon landings on an old black and white TV.
And now we have Teflon frying pans and pens that write upside down! Isn't science wonderful?!