• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5 Pillars of Islam

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The Five Pillars of Islam
The most important Muslim practices are the Five Pillars of Islam.

The Five Pillars of Islam are the five obligations that every Muslim must satisfy in order to live a good and responsible life according to Islam.

The Five Pillars consist of:

• Shahadah: sincerely reciting the Muslim profession of faith
  • Salat: performing ritual prayers in the proper way five times each day
  • Zakat: paying an alms (or charity) tax to benefit the poor and the needy
  • Sawm: fasting during the month of Ramadan
  • Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca
Why are they important?
Carrying out these obligations provides the framework of a Muslim's life, and weaves their everyday activities and their beliefs into a single cloth of religious devotion.

No matter how sincerely a person may believe, Islam regards it as pointless to live life without putting that faith into action and practice.

Carrying out the Five Pillars demonstrates that the Muslim is putting their faith first, and not just trying to fit it in around their secular lives.

As a new muslim my self i find this 5 pillars very important to perform. But even it is only 5 of them it is not easy to practice them in a good way in the beginning. It take time to make perfect.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I recently saw of video of "pilgrimage to Mecca"
This must be great to experience; although with Corona?
That looked so beautiful, and so many people all focused

These pictures reminded me of my trips to India
These trips felt like a pilgrimage to me

stvdv

Ramadan this year was in April so no i have not done Ramadan yet. But looking forward to Ramadan 2021 :)
I fast all year (having a very restricted diet)
But Ramadan month is for me always an extra inspiration
To do some extra effort

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I recently saw of video of "pilgrimage to Mecca"
This must be great to experience; although with Corona?
That looked so beautiful, and so many people all focused

These pictures reminded me of my trips to India
These trips felt like a pilgrimage to me
When it is safe to travel again I will bring my girlfriend to Mecca so she too can fullfill this part of being devoted muslim

stvdv

When it is safe to travel again I will bring my girlfriend to Mecca so she too can fullfill this part of being devoted muslim
That must be great, going together on pilgrimage.
I like this one "A family that prays together stays together"

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Congratulations Amanaki. I think Islam is a good fit for you.

Sincerely,

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Congratulations Amanaki. I think Islam is a good fit for you.

Sincerely,
Thank you @dybmh I agree with you, i found much more peace from within now. I have no reason to complain about past spiritual paths i been on. But i made them to complicated, and was not good in following the teaching my self. I made to much about me. And that is a wrong way to practice.

God/ Allah do see my faults and i can learn to be a good muslim. And i do not need to prove to anyone that my choice is right or wrong. They are free to velieve what they wish.
I am no longer an angry person in spirituality. It feels more free now.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Hajj isn't a must, only for those who can afford it.
Hajj was cancelled this year due to covid-19.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Congratulations on your conversion to Islam @Amanaki . It looks like a much better path for you than Falun Gong. I’ll be following your journey with interest.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Congratulations on your conversion to Islam @Amanaki . It looks like a much better path for you than Falun Gong. I’ll be following your journey with interest.
Thank you @adrian009
Yes it feels good to be honest. I have a lot to learn on this journey, but i have already noticed my temperament and frustration has left me. Even when people argue against me i have no difficulty staying calm minded. So yes Islam feels right to me