• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5 key questions we still don't know about Biden documents

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"Intend" is big time when trying to assess criminality, and there's a very large gap between how Trump handled it versus Biden. The former repeatedly lied and refused to turn over documents for months, which is not what the Biden administration has done.

We Never Know

No Slack
"Intend" is big time when trying to assess criminality, and there's a very large gap between how Trump handled it versus Biden. The former repeatedly lied and refused to turn over documents for months, which is not what the Biden administration has done.

And for that Trump should also be charged with obstruction of/impeding an investigation.

It doesn't change the fact that they both had possession of documents they shouldn't have had.

metis

And for that Trump should also be charged with obstruction of/impeding an investigation.

It doesn't change the fact that they both had possession of documents they shouldn't have had.
I agree with both of those statments.

BTW, did you hear they just found some at Pence's place?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope rob a bank and give the money back still bank robbery
Nope mishandle classified documents still a crime.
But we know you will forgive anything that Biden does.
Sorry, robbing a bank is purposeful. Biden's actions were not. Your analogy fails.

esmith

Veteran Member
Sorry, robbing a bank is purposeful. Biden's actions were not. Your analogy fails.
You just proved my point that you have blinders on when it comes to Biden. Just where did you get your information from that proves Biden's actions were not purposeful?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You just proved my point that you have blinders on when it comes to Biden. Just where did you get your information from that proves Biden's actions were not purposeful?
You have it backwards. You would have to prove it was purposeful. Biden's actions indicate that it was not. In a trial the burden of proof is upon the prosecution. It is rather easy to show that Trump's actions were purposeful. How are you going to show that Biden's were purposeful?

esmith

Veteran Member
You have it backwards. You would have to prove it was purposeful. Biden's actions indicate that it was not. In a trial the burden of proof is upon the prosecution. It is rather easy to show that Trump's actions were purposeful. How are you going to show that Biden's were purposeful?
The proof that it was or was not done on purpose does not lie with either one of us. That is for a jury to decide.
However it appears in the following link that he did know he had classifed information in his possession.
https://www.npr.org/2023/01/21/1150...dens-home-and-found-more-classified-documents
Searchers, according to Bauer, went through "personally handwritten notes, files, papers, binders, memorabilia, to-do lists, schedules, and reminders going back decades" and "took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry."
That included "six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials," some of which dated back to Biden's time in the Senate, Bauer said. The DOJ also took some "personally handwritten notes" from Biden's time as vice president.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The proof that it was or was not done on purpose does not lie with either one of us. That is for a jury to decide.
However it appears in the following link that he did know he had classifed information in his possession.
https://www.npr.org/2023/01/21/1150...dens-home-and-found-more-classified-documents
Searchers, according to Bauer, went through "personally handwritten notes, files, papers, binders, memorabilia, to-do lists, schedules, and reminders going back decades" and "took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry."
That included "six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials," some of which dated back to Biden's time in the Senate, Bauer said. The DOJ also took some "personally handwritten notes" from Biden's time as vice president.
Now you are sounding desperate. There is not going to be a jury on this. It is rather obvious to anyone without blinders on that Biden cooperated and Trump did the opposite. Biden had his find reported. It just did not go public. Trump did his actions on purpose. The documents were demanded to be returned, and he still kept over three hundred. What is so hard to understand about this? The facts are there. Obvious purposeful acts by Trump, what appears to be nonpurposeful acts by Biden. Opposition to the point that a search warrant was needed by Trump, cooperation by Biden.

Sorry, your guy loses here. Your weak attempt at a false equivalency falls flat on its face.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Any indication of when those hand written notes were written? Or where?

If they show handwritten notes made after Biden was Vice President that would indicate knowledge of having documents he shouldn’t have. But if it looks like they were made when he was in office the prove nothing. (Other than sloppy handling of classified information, which is already evident).

esmith

Veteran Member
Like you did with Trump? :rolleyes:
I am almost positive that I did not defended him on everything; however I can't seem to remember the issues.
If I disagreed with anything he said or did I probably kept my mouth shut since there was more than enough of that here.
However, again, I see little or no negative comments from the left side of center about Biden.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I am almost positive that I did not defended him on everything; however I can't seem to remember the issues.
If I disagreed with anything he said or did I probably kept my mouth shut since there was more than enough of that here.
However, again, I see little or no negative comments from the left side of center about Biden.
I just want to point out I said Biden should be impeached over this and I still believe that. If anything my opinion of Biden has decreased when he said he had “no regrets” concerning this matter.

And I think I qualify as “left of center”.

and then some.

esmith

Veteran Member
I just want to point out I said Biden should be impeached over this and I still believe that. If anything my opinion of Biden has decreased when he said he had “no regrets” concerning this matter.

And I think I qualify as “left of center”.

and then some.
fair enough, I should have said "I see little or no negative comments from the majority of those left of center about Biden"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
But how they reacted to turning them over, their reactions have been 100% the opposite. Also, the question of "intent" is big-time, especially when it comes to the issue of criminality.

However, I don't cut either one any slack on this since there's no excuse for them to be as careless as they've been.

Yet they keep on finding more and more with Biden refusing full disclosure by staying entirely mum over it.

Dosent sound like cooperation to me.

We Never Know

No Slack
But how they reacted to turning them over, their reactions have been 100% the opposite. Also, the question of "intent" is big-time, especially when it comes to the issue of criminality.

However, I don't cut either one any slack on this since there's no excuse for them to be as careless as they've been.

If two people commit murder,,
-one admits it
-the other doesn't saying I didn't do it, take me to court

Aren't they both still charged with murder?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Yet they keep on finding more and more with Biden refusing full disclosure by staying entirely mum over it.

Dosent sound like cooperation to me.
You misunderstand. When people refer to cooperation between the Biden administration and the authorities. Not disclosing classified information to the media.

metis

If two people commit murder,,
-one admits it
-the other doesn't saying I didn't do it, take me to court

Aren't they both still charged with murder?
Depends on the factors involved. Also, judges often give lighter sentences to those who admit guilt and show contrition.

Also, there's are differences between the varying degrees of homicide, and the sentences usually vary accordingly.

pearl

I read now wanted are previous presidents and vice presidents back as far as Reagan, to search for documents that belong in the Archive but missing. Carter not to be included because it was he who put the practice of doing so in effect. Cheney's should be worth a look.