• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

41% of Republicans believe Benghazi worst scandal... EVER!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
...but nearly half of them don't even know where Benghazi is located.

From the link above said:
Of the 41 percent of Republicans who consider Benghazi to be the worst political scandal in American history, 39 percent are unaware that Benghazi is located in Libya. 10 percent said it's in Egypt, 9 percent in Iran, 6 percent in Cuba, 5 percent in Syria, 4 percent in Iraq, and 1 percent each in North Korea and Liberia, with 4 percent unwilling to venture a guess.

Is this yet another instance of Fox News leaving viewers/readers less informed than even those who do not watch or read any news?

Gotta raise my eyebrows at getting 41% of responding Republicans to believe a manufactroversy is the worst EVER in our history, where nearly half of those can't even point it out on a map!

Last edited:

Wirey

Fartist
...but nearly half of them don't even know where Benghazi is located.

Is this yet another instance of Fox News leaving viewers/readers less informed than even those who do not watch or read any news?

Gotta raise my eyebrows at getting 41% of responding Republicans to believe a manufactroversy is the worst EVER in our history, where nearly half of those can't even point it out on a map!

That's the best part of stupid. It's always so positive.

BTW, love the parasol look. Do you have a yellow one, though? It's spring.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
That's the best part of stupid. It's always so positive.

BTW, love the parasol look. Do you have a yellow one, though? It's spring.

Haha, no, I don't normally model... that's from a day last year that I went to my girlfriend's shoot and we hung around for a while after with the other girls, so they did my makeup and hair and let me use fun props.

I don't really have a model mentality or body -- and no, that's not fishing for compliments as I'm 100% satisfied with my body, I'm just not a model :p

Wirey

Fartist
Haha, no, I don't normally model... that's from a day last year that I went to my girlfriend's shoot and we hung around for a while after with the other girls, so they did my makeup and hair and let me use fun props.

I don't really have a model mentality or body -- and no, that's not fishing for compliments as I'm 100% satisfied with my body, I'm just not a model :p

I used to model in my younger days. You may remember me as 'Before'.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Republicans...always with the drama!...whenever there's a democratic president they try to blow everything up into an impeachable offense using rhetoric. They turned Bill Clinton getting a blow job by someone other than his wife into perjury and rallied to impeach him. They're the intellectual equivalent of the guys in the crowd during the dark ages who'd yell "She's a witch! Burn her!"

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Republicans...always with the drama!...whenever there's a democratic president they try to blow everything up into an impeachable offense using rhetoric. They turned Bill Clinton getting a blow job by someone other than his wife into perjury and rallied to impeach him. They're the intellectual equivalent of the guys in the crowd during the dark ages who'd yell "She's a witch! Burn her!"

She turned me into a newt!

...I got better.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

We have our Clinton and they have their Sanford....:D

Alceste

Vagabond
I for one am glad they finally found something to talk about than what Clinton does or doesn't do with his cigars, Al Gore's energy consumption and Obama's birth certificate.

That's not to say I find it interesting or significant, but it is at least marginally relevant to the subject of politics.

Alceste

Vagabond
R2VAglc.jpg

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Though the writer does not say if she think this is the worst scandal ever, I do think her take on the whole issue is pretty astute.
And to be fair, I'm pretty sure that a large number of Democrats do not know where Benghazi is either.... just sayin...

When Myths Collide in the Capital - Maureen Dowd - New York Times

The same report listed the percent of Dems that think Benghazi as the worst scandal in US history was only 10% -- it was 20% for independents.

The report didn't give a percentage for Dems unable to locate it on a map (in fact, the 39% figure represents ALL people who thought it was the "worst scandal in US history").

I agree there's probably a significant number of Dems who can't find it on a map -- I'm no friend of Democrats, I just dislike them slightly less than modern Republicans.

The interesting thing is that there's a correlation between ignorance of Benghazi's location and ignorance of Benghazi's significance. If I had to guess -- and this is armchair speculation -- I'd bet the blame for that falls on conservative media that turned the whole thing into a manufactroversy.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I for one am glad they finally found something to talk about than what Clinton does or doesn't do with his cigars, Al Gore's energy consumption and Obama's birth certificate.

That's not to say I find it interesting or significant, but it is at least marginally relevant to the subject of politics.

One of their talking points is that "Americans want to know the truth of Benghazi".....The problem is...we know what happened because it's happened before..and it will happen again. We're just not that interested now.....

Alceste

Vagabond
One of their talking points is that "Americans want to know the truth of Benghazi".....The problem is...we know what happened because it's happened before..and it will happen again. We're just not that interested now.....

That's a thing politicians seem to do whenever their views are really unpopular. Harper and all his minions start every sentence they utter with "Canadians want" this and "Canadians want" that, and "Canadians don't want" whatever else, as if repeating this will make it true. Apparently, "Canadians want" to make life awful for immigrants, build new jails despite a declining crime rate, eradicate environmental laws and world class research facilities, and whore ourselves out on behalf of the tar sands operators until our chilly little bums are sore. We DON'T want any action whatsoever on climate change.

Yeah, right.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
That's a thing politicians seem to do whenever their views are really unpopular. Harper and all his minions start every sentence they utter with "Canadians want" this and "Canadians want" that, and "Canadians don't want" whatever else, as if repeating this will make it true. Apparently, "Canadians want" to make life awful for immigrants, build new jails despite a declining crime rate, eradicate environmental laws and world class research facilities, and whore ourselves out on behalf of the tar sands operators until our chilly little bums are sore. We DON'T want any action whatsoever on climate change.

Yeah, right.

I've said it before, I'll say it again; "Do we really need representatives and politicians in an age in which anyone can communicate with anyone else on the globe almost instantly, people can travel to any city within 24 hours, and in which expert knowledge is at the fingertips of everyone with internet access?"

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Yeah, right.

Seems as though we down here aren't that much different from you and yours up there...I mean..everything you said seems to be echoed in out little slice of pie...

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
What I really don't understand is how anyone might put Benghazi on the scale of something like the gulf of tonkin (for which the world should hold them in contempt) or USS liberty (for which all americans should be screaming for prosecution and every member of the US armed forces should be enraged); even if you believe it to be a 'major conspiracy' how about putting things in context.

Last edited: