• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4 reasons I think Kavanaugh is guilty

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
1. He wouldn't take a lie detector test and Ford would.

2. He was smirking and fidgeting and evading questions.

3. His yearbook contained terms that said he did sex acts.

4. His calendar is a stupid defense... if he was going to try to rape somebody he wouldn't put it on the calendar.

Edit: I think Judge Kavanaugh is innocent now.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Good points, but I still don;t know with certainty that he did what was alleged.

However, with this being the case, if I was low enough to be in today's Senate :(, I would have to vote against his acceptance as judge based on his behavior that included a high degree of partisanship, numerous violations of "judicial restraint", and numerous statements by some who knew him well, including one of his roommates that said he was a VERY heavy drinker, which defies what Kavanaugh said of himself.

IMO, Trump should try another-- except he won't unless Kavanaugh isn't confirmed.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Plus several times when he emphatically said he was innocent, his lip would very noticeably twitch, not a good sign in my book.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Why would a person take a lie detector test unless evidence is provided by an accuser that warrants it? Not to mention a letter was produced stating that Ford had coached a friend on how to pass a lie detector test.

Actually a person who is telling lies is less likely to fidget.
Signs Of Lying: Here’s What Will And Will Not Help You Detect Lies

Sure, if that is what you are looking for. Folks are free to interpret his boyish jargon in whatever way they feels is appropriate for their agenda.

4. His calendar is a stupid defense... if he was going to try to rape somebody he wouldn't put it on the calendar.

So IOW no evidence anywhere, just a feeling him might be lying even though now he has been through 7 FBI background checks that could find no wrongdoing.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Why would a person take a lie detector test unless evidence is provided by an accuser that warrants it? Not to mention a letter was produced stating that Ford had coached a friend on how to pass a lie detector test.
Take a lie detector test of whether Christine Ford was telling the truth... she took a lie detector test and said he 100% tried to rape her. She didn't pass the lie detector test saying she "believed," she said she "knew."

Thank you. I didn't know that.

Sure, if that is what you are looking for. Folks are free to interpret his boyish jargon in whatever way they feels is appropriate for their agenda.
You can clearly google those terms on the Internet.

So IOW no evidence anywhere, just a feeling him might be lying even though now he has been through 7 FBI background checks that could find no wrongdoing.
While not being evidence that he is guilty, he shouldn't have used his calendar as evidence he was innocent.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member

Guilty of what... Drinking?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member

your link says evasiveness is a sign of lying, Kavanaugh was about as evasive of questions as one can be.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

But he will be confirmed, I am certain. Republicans don't care about that at all, and neither do their base.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Kavanaugh, if guilty, probably thinks his past irresponsible behavior is insignificant to the life he has built afterwards, and so knowingly lies, fighting tooth and nail to save his career and his family. Too much at stake in his eyes. He'll probably break down in a sorry mass of tears, confessing as he does.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Voting for or against Kavanagh could be political suicide, depending upon which party pays your bills.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
your link says evasiveness is a sign of lying, Kavanaugh was about as evasive of questions as one can be.

Not what I said. However maybe if you have specific video clips. Generally under oath, it's better to be evasive. Some small little detail you misremember can get you in trouble for perjury. This can often be a crime that has little to do with what you are being accused of.

It's best not to answer any question under oath except that for which you have 100% certainty for. Being a judge, I'd imagine Kavanaugh knows how this works. Anyone who is not nervous and evasive under oath is foolish. This is one accusation, ok but understand anything a person says under oath can be used against them for whatever reason, purpose they feel necessary at any point in any future accusations.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Take a lie detector test of whether Christine Ford was telling the truth... she took a lie detector test and said he 100% tried to rape her. She didn't pass the lie detector test saying she "believed," she said she "knew."

That's fine but why take a lie detector test when there is no evidence against you? Then again why when no one sees them as reliable? Even if he pass, would it change anyone's mind?

You can clearly google those terms on the Internet.

I suppose I don't really know what terms are being referred to. I was really on a VOX article and didn't see anything specifically untoward.

While not being evidence that he is guilty, he shouldn't have used his calendar as evidence he was innocent.

Probably true, like the lie detector it probably doesn't really prove anything.

Maybe he did attempt to rape her. She should have went to the police, told someone. Even as hard and embarrassing as that might be, a person needs to take steps to support their allegations. If we learn anything from this hopefully any future rape victims will take this to heart.

Otherwise people are stuck trying to pass judgement on folks based on our feelings. Feelings are not reliable.