• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4 killed in Tulsa Hospital Shooting!

Should retail sales of semi-auto weapons be banned?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No,

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Maybe/Unsure,

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Except when you want to ignore a reasonable
answer to your own question to me by deflecting
from it with your joke about killing people.

Criminy, I sure triggered something.
Those in glass houses shouldn't
accuse others of hypocrisy.

Jeez, it was no joke.
And i don't see semi automatic weapons as a reasonable answer to anything, hence my comment.

Meaning? Which glass houses? It was not meant to hurt you, apparently it has, i am sorry for that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Jeez, it was no joke.
You asked...
"Why would anyone other than military need semi automatic weapons?"
I gave you a reasonable straight answer.
Your response indicated lack of intent to treat any answer seriously.
You had just that flippant one liner...a joke, albeit black humor.
Meaning? Which glass houses? It was not meant to hurt you, apparently it has, i am sorry for that.
Hypocrites shouldn't be so eager to accuse others of it.
Especially out of petulance rather than accuracy.

Last edited:

wellwisher

Where are all the copy cats killers getting the same basic ideas for mass shootings, so we get this sudden cluster of similar events? Does this occur in a random vacuum ? Or is the media's propensity to dwell on and amplify negativity, part of the copy cat problem? If more attention was given to achievement, instead of negativity, the trend might reverse. When the media decides it is time to look for a new tragedy, then the hot potato is dropped and this will get better.

The media, in its attempt point the finger of blame, shows would be copy cats how to do it with firearms. The media benefits by helping to make news that sells soap. Fake news and propaganda news is not new. This is part of the recipe for the deception used to lead news cycles; collusion delusion, thereby making nothing appear like a huge problem.

Who benefits by these strings of tragedies? A law abiding gun owner does not benefit by this negativity being pointed at them. They are assumed guilty by association. Political parties may benefit by this, using it as a pretense to push an agenda issue. The fake news media definitely benefits. We need to go after the instigators who lead others into copy cat bad judgement.

The analogy is say the news media decided to harp upon car accidents in their quest for blood lust and to push an agenda. Automobile manufacturers do not benefit by this, even though auto are featured. They are placed in a defensive position trying to get common sense into a news cycle, which is driven by self serving media hysteria. Politicians can benefit by telling everyone, what they wish to hear, based on a team effort with the media. Now you can shake down auto manufacturers.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
You asked...
"Why would anyone other than military need semi automatic weapons?"
I gave you a reasonable straight answer.
Your response indicated lack of intent to treat any answer seriously.
You had just that artful one liner...a joke, albeit black humor.

Hypocrites shouldn't be so eager to accuse others of it.
Especially out of petulance rather than accuracy.

I do not consider your response re semi automatic weapons to be a need in the civil world, you do, we have a difference of opinion. Considering the carnage they can cause which includes the death of children my answer was reasonable, sorry you don't like it.

You made a statement, a derogatory one that flies in the face of your everyday persona.

So please give an example of where i have show hypocrisy. I'll wait.

Clizby Wampuscat

Jolly good, i stand by my comment that civilians do not need semi automatic weapons
If you don't need or want one then don't get one. I am glad you don't get to decide for me if I need one or not. Some people want them for personal protection because the criminals will have a semi auto weapon.

edited to add: The same people that want to defund the police want to restrict guns to lawful people. The same people that supported Biden leaving $83B of weapons to terrorists in Afghanistan want to restrict guns to lawful people, The same people that demand armed guards for themselves want to restrict guns to lawful people to defend themselves. Sorry if I don't trust what they say.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
If you don't need or want one then don't get one. I am glad you don't get to decide for me if I need one or not. Some people want them for personal protection because the criminals will have a semi auto weapon.

Thanks for that, I won't get one. I don't need one. If faced with a gun, i would follow the gun holders instructions as suggested by insurance companies and should the chance arrise and if necessary i would take the gun holder down, and trust me, i could, without hardware, without threat, without fuss.

But where i lived in the uk, hand guns are illegal and rifles are very tightly controlled, almost no one owns a gun except criminals and competition target shooters . By far the vast majority of unarmed people do not get shot unless they show aggressive behaviour and physically confont the criminal.

Of course thats the UK and not the US. My guess is that the average criminal with a gun is far more ruthless and trigger happy than the innocent person defending whatever, but if a lump of metal makes them feel better, great. After all, its only children and doctors getting killed at the moment

Clizby Wampuscat

Thanks for that, I won't get one. I don't need one. If faced with a gun, i would follow the gun holders instructions as suggested by insurance companies and should the chance arrise and if necessary i would take the gun holder down, and trust me, i could, without hardware, without threat, without fuss.

But where i lived in the uk, hand guns are illegal and rifles are very tightly controlled, almost no one owns a gun except criminals and competition target shooters . By far the vast majority of unarmed people do not get shot unless they show aggressive behaviour and physically confont the criminal.

Of course thats the UK and not the US. My guess is that the average criminal with a gun is far more ruthless and trigger happy than the innocent person defending whatever, but if a lump of metal makes them feel better, great.
Ban guns tomorrow, how does this stop a criminal from having a gun tomorrow? It does not. All you do is disarm victims. I also bet more people own guns in the UK than you think.

After all, its only children and doctors getting killed at the moment
This is a very ignorant comment and I think just meant for emotional purposes.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
No real evidence. But look at the guns confiscated in the UK. It is not zero.

Illegal firearms

Yes, i particularly like the very first line
The level of gun crime in the UK is one of the lowest in the world.​
As i said, the criminal element tend to carry guns. The average joe doesn't. The link appears to confirm my comments earlier, thanks for posting.

Yeah, way more adults and non doctors are killed in the US each year than kids and doctors with guns. Like 10 times more.

US gun deaths

Wow, that makes it all good then

Clizby Wampuscat

Yes, i particularly like the very first line
The level of gun crime in the UK is one of the lowest in the world.​
As i said, the criminal element tend to carry guns. The average joe doesn't. The link appears to confirm my comments earlier, thanks for posting.
All I claimed was that there are more guns in the UK than you probably think. You asked for evidence for this. I gave it.

Wow, that makes it all good then
Please show me where I ever said it was a good thing that over 4000 kids die in the US by guns every year. If you cannot, then please take back this slanderous accusation. You made a claim that only doctors and children were being killed at the moment by guns in the US. I simply showed that was a false claim.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
All I claimed was that there are more guns in the UK than you probably think. You asked for evidence for this. I gave it.

Please show me where I ever said it was a good thing that over 4000 kids die in the US by guns every year. If you cannot, then please take back this slanderous accusation. You made a claim that only doctors and children were being killed at the moment by guns in the US. I simply showed that was a false claim.

You provided evidence that backs up what i said.

What you said was
Yeah, way more adults and non doctors are killed in the US each year than kids and doctors with guns. Like 10 times more.

US gun deaths
I replied to that, maybe i was sarcastic but certainly not slanderous.

Clizby Wampuscat

You provided evidence that backs up what i said.

What you said was

I replied to that, maybe i was sarcastic but certainly not slanderous.
You said that I was good with 4000+ children being killed every year in the US with no evidence I ever said such a thing. Yes, that is slanderous. Have a good weekend.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
You said that I was good with 4000+ children being killed every year in the US with no evidence I ever said such a thing. Yes, that is slanderous. Have a good weekend.

Wrong, i said [your comment] makes it all good then.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's libel (written) rather than slander (spoken).
This passion laden polarizing issue sure is
bringing out the ad hominems.

People, people, people....remember that
whatever you say in the heat of the moment
will be remembered by others whom you'll
deal with hereafter. Don't build enmity.