• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4 categories Christians-Grossman USA Today

robtex

Veteran Member
Cathy Lynn Grossman writing for USA Today puts U.S. Christians into 4 broad categories

1) Authoritarian
2) Benevolent
3) Critical
4) Distant

What do you think of the categories? Are they valid ? If you concur loosely or strongly with this paradigm which denominations are most suited to which sections and why? Which group do you fall into if you are a Christian? Is there one which you dislike strongly and if so why? Link below:

View of God can predict values, politics - USATODAY.com

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree with the primary idea, that Christians are far from ideologically or politically homogenous. The linked article is disappointingly vague in its description and analysis, though.

Jeremy Mason

We are all given different gifts, in my view, christians will have a mosaic of personalities as do non-christians. Are they valid? To a point. A person can display all these attributes, given different circumstances. Denominations have different focuses and therefore are preceived to have different demeanors. I'm not going into exactly what those denominations possess. Which one would I fall into? Anyone of them, again, circumstances dictate my position. (I was going to say 5) Aloof, but wasn't sure if people would get my since of humor.) I have to say that I do not like being told what to do, so, I guess authoritarian would have to be the least favored characteristic. On the other side, authority is a strong aspect of Christ. Good questions.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Christians are individuals just like anyone else. That means to me, that there as many different Christians as there are Christians. ;)