• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

31 members of a white supremacist group arrested for planned riot

F1fan

Veteran Member
In Idaho 31 members of Patriot Front were arrested for conspiracy to riot against a gay pride event.

This illustrates the growing domestic terrorism and these groups that threaten the life and liberty of citizens. This is the third group of militia members arrested in recent weeks for crimes against the state. Members of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers have been arrested in a conspiracy against Congress on Jan 6.

31 Patriot Front members arrested near pride event in Idaho

Are these true patriots or terrorists? If they are patriots, what is the virtue of their fight?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
In Idaho 31 members of Patriot Front were arrested for conspiracy to riot against a gay pride event.

This illustrates the growing domestic terrorism and these groups that threaten the life and liberty of citizens. This is the third group of militia members arrested in recent weeks for crimes against the state. Members of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers have been arrested in a conspiracy against Congress on Jan 6.

Are these true patriots or terrorists? If they are patriots, what is the virtue of their fight?
The video associated with this BBC report is expectedly depressing...

- US white supremacists arrested at Idaho gay pride event - police

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've sometimes been called a "patriot".
This further reinforces my denial of that.
I find often times that self-described patriots, especially those who are obnoxiously loud about it, frequently fail to display a flag that doesn't violate the flag code.
Ergo, you're probably a better patriot than these bozos.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I find often times that self-described patriots, especially those who are obnoxiously loud about it, frequently fail to display a flag that doesn't violate the flag code.
Ergo, you're probably a better patriot than these bozos.
Better than some.
Worse than many.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps. But according to the article it was a civilian who called in reporting what looked like a "small army" loading onto a truck.

Yes, the article mentioned that a concerned citizen saw them and called it in. They were caught 10 minutes later.

According to White, police were alerted about the U-Haul around 1:38 p.m. by a concerned citizen who said they saw members of the group getting into the back of the truck. The group was confronted by police about 10 minutes later, White said.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

They are nationalists. Neither patriotic nor virtuous.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Interesting question. I would note the name "Patriot Front." The word "front" is often used as a front in war. So, if you were being sent to the Russian Front, that means you were going to fight Russians. So, if they're going to the Patriot Front, then that means they're fighting patriots? Could be that.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting question. I would note the name "Patriot Front." The word "front" is often used as a front in war. So, if you were being sent to the Russian Front, that means you were going to fight Russians. So, if they're going to the Patriot Front, then that means they're fighting patriots? Could be that.
It could just be a front for authoritarianism disguised as patriotism.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They appear to be deluded enough to think that there is a "war".

I still like the fact that they made their arrest so easy by loading all of themselves up in the back of a U-Haul.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Depends on what the 'conspiracy' entailed.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
They appear to be deluded enough to think that there is a "war".

I still like the fact that they made their arrest so easy by loading all of themselves up in the back of a U-Haul.

I think sometimes movies and other media might create this perception of terrorists being part of highly-trained, efficient underground organizations. But it seems that these aren't very bright guys.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What do you mean by, "crimes against the state"?

Last edited: