• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3000 kg of heroin seized in Gujarat, India exposing Taliban's drug nexus

Heyo

Veteran Member
Biden is now the Taliban's president of the year.

Couldn't have done it without his help
Biden's fault? Trump's fault?
You all have a very short memory. When the Taliban ruled last time, there was no Heroin production in Afghanistan. That only re-started after the invasion and under US control. So, if there has to be a president to blame, it was Bush jr.
And about this batch: do we know when it was produced and shipped and by whom? It may well be that the Taliban had nothing to do with it.
Now, the Taliban are a bunch of despicable thugs and they may have learned about capitalism in the last 20 years but they haven't been drug dealers in the past.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I got bit by a mosquito today. Obviously that was either Biden's or Trump's fault.
I heard that butterflies flapping their wings in Japan does have effects in America
Mosquitos have smaller wings compared...but Biden and Trump have quite big wings:D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Had Trump won the last election it's very likely the same thing would have happened. Trump announced the withdrawal amd the Taliban readied themselves to step out of the shadows.
Anything is possible but I don't think Trump would go completely vanilla on a withdrawal.

Twilight Hue

Biden's fault? Trump's fault?
You all have a very short memory. When the Taliban ruled last time, there was no Heroin production in Afghanistan. That only re-started after the invasion and under US control. So, if there has to be a president to blame, it was Bush jr.
And about this batch: do we know when it was produced and shipped and by whom? It may well be that the Taliban had nothing to do with it.
Now, the Taliban are a bunch of despicable thugs and they may have learned about capitalism in the last 20 years but they haven't been drug dealers in the past.

History repeats itself.

Heyo

Veteran Member
History repeats itself.
TwainRepeatsCropped1.png

RestlessSoul

Let's just say he gifted a whole entire country to them to grow the stuff.

They were growing poppies in Helmand Province throughout the occupation. The war on drugs was about as effective in Afghan as it has been everywhere else in the world; a complete and utter failure in other words. Just as prohibition was in your country 100 years ago.Which President are you going to blame for that debacle?

Twilight Hue

They were growing poppies in Helmand Province throughout the occupation. The war on drugs was about as effective in Afghan as it has been everywhere else in the world; a complete and utter failure in other words. Just as prohibition was in your country 100 years ago.Which President are you going to blame for that debacle?

Yea just let them earn enough to get better at killing people.

What a wonderful outcome

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Around 3000 kgs of heroin was seized by Indian law enforcement agencies at India's Mundra Port, worth about Rs 21000 crore or around three billion dollars in the international market.

3,000 kg heroin seized in Gujarat exposes Taliban’s drug nexus
Its not really that much heroin. 3,000 kg is a lot but not much for an entire nation of heroin growers. I wonder how long it can keep without spoiling? It can probably be kept for many years as long as its cool and in the correct humidity. Has India said they are destroying it or keeping it? They could forfeit it and sell it to drug manufacturers.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Let's just say he gifted a whole entire country to them to grow the stuff.
Pulling out Troops was bipartisan since Trump wanted to do it in even less time than Biden.

To put political spin on that by calling it Biden's gift just comes across as dishonest to me.

In my opinion.

Twilight Hue

Pulling out Troops was bipartisan since Trump wanted to do it in even less time than Biden.

To put political spin on that by calling it Biden's gift just comes across as dishonest to me.

In my opinion.
I doubt Trump would pull out vanilla style like that. Pullouts are done incrementally and in stages.

He already mentioned how he would do it, and it's nothing even close to this.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I doubt Trump would pull out vanilla style like that. Pullouts are done incrementally and in stages.

He already mentioned how he would do it, and it's nothing even close to this.
Trump set the deadline for May1, then Biden extended the deadline by four months;

'Former president Donald Trump set an agreement with the Taliban insurgents in February 2020 that all US forces would withdraw from Afghanistan by May 1 this year.

Biden ordered a review when he came into office in January. On April 14 he announced a four-month postponement of Trump's deadline'

Source: Why is August 31 the date for the US pullout from Afghanistan? - France 24

You appear to be misinformed about the agreements Trump actually made when he had the power to do anything about it.

In my opinion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Anything is possible but I don't think Trump would go completely vanilla on a withdrawal.
I don't think he'd have done it any differently. The thing was severely bungled from the start, and I don't see any conclusion. The one difference would have been, would Trump have recommitted? I don't think it would have happened.

ajay0

3000 kg of heroin is huge, but I suppose next years harvest may make up for any losses suffered by taliban-mafia nexus.

ajay0

Its not really that much heroin. 3,000 kg is a lot but not much for an entire nation of heroin growers. I wonder how long it can keep without spoiling? It can probably be kept for many years as long as its cool and in the correct humidity. Has India said they are destroying it or keeping it? They could forfeit it and sell it to drug manufacturers.

Heroin has some 25000 industrial applications. But much are licence-grown in India itself for legal requirements.

Illegal heroin captured are mostly burnt up to prevent it being misused or stolen again.