• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3 weeks of house arrest, AKA quarantine

Vee

Premium Member
I confess that when this all thing started in February, I didn't take it seriously at all. I thought people were just making a big fuss about nothing and that this would all fade away quickly, but I was wrong. This escalated much quicker than I could have imagined and Friday the 13th of March I was at work telling clients that we were going to be open during the weekend (I work in the wine tourism industry) and by 7 pm the same day we received orders to close immediately.
Once I got over the whiplash I came home with a laptop and a phone, so i can work from home. Me, the queen of procrastination working from home. What could possibly go wrong? Let's just say that per each hour of work I do, I take a two hour break. I get the job done, but my days are very long and I miss my colleagues.
This was 3 weeks ago, and I can tell you that my apartment has never been so clean since I moved here almost 7 years ago :D.
I also use the extra time to try new recipes and learn new guitar songs. So far, so good.
We are allowed to go out for exercise as long as we respect the safety rules and I work out everyday. I need to move, and being locked in a shoe box size apartment all day would drive me crazy.
Our Jehovah's Witnesses meetings are now done by video conference and that's fantastic, but I must say I look horrible on the webcam :(
So far I have enough to keep me busy so I'm not too lonely or depressed, but if this goes on for a very long time, I'm a little scared that my attitude might change.
I'm not surprised that we're enduring a pandemic. It was a matter of time, but I know that difficult days are ahead of us, and since this is happening anyway, might as well make the best of the situation.
Hope you guys are all OK and that you can find ways to live this experience in a positive way. Feel free to share your own experience.

Vee

whirlingmerc

I confess that when this all thing started in February, I didn't take it seriously at all. I thought people were just making a big fuss about nothing and that this would all fade away quickly, but I was wrong. This escalated much quicker than I could have imagined and Friday the 13th of March I was at work telling clients that we were going to be open during the weekend (I work in the wine tourism industry) and by 7 pm the same day we received orders to close immediately.
Once I got over the whiplash I came home with a laptop and a phone, so i can work from home. Me, the queen of procrastination working from home. What could possibly go wrong? Let's just say that per each hour of work I do, I take a two hour break. I get the job done, but my days are very long and I miss my colleagues.
This was 3 weeks ago, and I can tell you that my apartment has never been so clean since I moved here almost 7 years ago :D.
I also use the extra time to try new recipes and learn new guitar songs. So far, so good.
We are allowed to go out for exercise as long as we respect the safety rules and I work out everyday. I need to move, and being locked in a shoe box size apartment all day would drive me crazy.
Our Jehovah's Witnesses meetings are now done by video conference and that's fantastic, but I must say I look horrible on the webcam :(
So far I have enough to keep me busy so I'm not too lonely or depressed, but if this goes on for a very long time, I'm a little scared that my attitude might change.
I'm not surprised that we're enduring a pandemic. It was a matter of time, but I know that difficult days are ahead of us, and since this is happening anyway, might as well make the best of the situation.
Hope you guys are all OK and that you can find ways to live this experience in a positive way. Feel free to share your own experience.

Vee

I think this took everyone by surprise and we all thought this was some really bad kind of flu but we had bad flus before.

Everyone who is confined which is almost everyone are feeling cooped up and bored.

I am in contact with many people which helps. I am also going through all 150 psalms which helps.

Reactions: Vee

Erebus

I confess that when this all thing started in February, I didn't take it seriously at all. I thought people were just making a big fuss about nothing and that this would all fade away quickly, but I was wrong.

I was in exactly the same frame of mind in the beginning. The media loves nothing more than something novel and scary, so I initially rolled my eyes at it. It put me in mind of the false widow panic in the UK a few years ago and I fully expected news outlets to move onto something else in a matter of weeks/months.

Yeah, safe to say I seriously underestimated what the virus actually is.

I've been trying to use the isolation to catch up on some painting. That's always therapeutic for me. Having a dog has been a huge help too, even if she occasionally gets a bit stir crazy from the reduced number of walks. I live alone so she's been good company and her antics are a regular source of entertainment.

PureX

Veteran Member
I try to get something useful done around the house every day. I also walk nearly every day at a good clip so I can call it exercise. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more so I can work around the yard. In fact, I'd be completely happy doing my own "chores" if I felt I could go to the store and buy the supplies needed to do them. But I don't want to unnecessarily endanger anyone, or spend any money. It's frustrating to have a list of things I'd like to be getting done, and not being able to do them. Then again, I've never been that averse to doing nothing. I generally feel like we humans are basically a bunch of hyperactive monkeys; wasting huge amounts of time and energy doing essentially stupid and unnecessary things. But we are what we are.

Reactions: Vee

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I can tell you that my apartment has never been so clean since I moved here almost 7 years ago
We're on that track but not as far advanced as you.

My routine involves walks with the dog and starting a couple of days ago: QiGong and TaiChi. I know the QiGong "8 brocades" and yesterday I did the recommended 20 reps of each posture. I was in the middle of learning the 24 Yang TaiChi style and fortunately our instructor recommended a couple of videos so I can learn the basics but will really need his eyes-on correction when the dust settles.