• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

274 Armed Forces Remains Dumped in Landfill

tytlyf

Not Religious
I have not heard anymore about the dumping of American military remains being dumped in a landfill.
EDITED: This has been going on since 1996 and was stopped in 2008 under the Bush Admin it appears.

Last edited:

BBTimeless

So wait, this is real? This isn't party politics trying to hype? What was the thought process behind this?

esmith

Veteran Member
EDITED: This has been going on since 1996 and was stopped in 2008 under the Bush Admin it appears.
Look "censored" your original post said it was stopped by the Obama administration. I could care less who stopped it, and your attempt to "politicize" it is despicable.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Look "censored" your original post said it was stopped by the Obama administration. I could care less who stopped it, and your attempt to "politicize" it is despicable.
Because I was a few months off. Woop dee doo and I corrected it after further information. So what's your point of this thread esmith? Delete it.

dust1n

Zindīq
LOL, it's about ashes?

I think the soldiers might be a little more disappointed in dying over a completely meaningless war, than their remains (or, ASHES) to put in a dump, as opposed to tossed wildly into the sky or sea.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
No, because the Air Force said they couldn't identify the remains at that time.

Dang, that really sucks.

But one still wonders why they just didn't sprinkle the ashes into the ocean or something with a nice little cermony where someone played taps.