• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25-Year-Old Woman Stoned to Death in Broad Daylight in Pakistan

dust1n

Zindīq
I think it out to be important to determine what method of killing will be carried out for women who marry who they would like to. Families can't all just go around murdering supposed loved ones without consistency of theological basis.[/yes, a joke, it is far more important not to kill anyone ever]

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The punishment for adultery as mentioned in the quran is slashing and not stoning to death.

The verse in the quran proves that some hadith which thought to be authentic is 100% false simply because it contradicts the quran.

The verse in the Qur'an is understood (again, by most Islamic scholars) to be about sex between two unmarried people, whereas the hadiths in question address cheating on a spouse.

But even if the hadiths weren't authentic, would that make lashing an acceptable punishment?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't see how it's ever going to change. Not any time soon. People can flee, and if the stuff happens in certain other countries, harsh punishments can be dealt out, and education against it can be high. But when it's isolated inside certain borders like this it's hard for the gloabal human community to do anything. The father was arrested, but he brothers so far, are scott free.

An Amadhiyya Canadian/American doctor was also executed while visiting Pakistan.

It's so hard to even imagine such a brutal society.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Religion has nothing to do with those awful acts,they are criminals and religion is innocent of them.

New father killed his five-week-old son by slamming his face into cot because he felt fatherhood meant 'his life was over' - then lied and made the baby's mother a suspect

I never said religion or specifically Islam had anything to do with this. I said that :
"Religion has done nothing to thwart cultural values like what the Pakistanis have"

Seriously did you read my post or not? I specifically said that no religion can cure immorality and it does not offer immorality. Shall I start pulling out some muttawir ahadith on how amoral Islam is? The contract between your morality and your own religion may astonish you although I cannot recall if you are a Shia or Sunni so that may differ because your own morality is not even objective yet alone moral as it is just legislation.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The verse in the Qur'an is understood (again, by most Islamic scholars) to be about sex between two unmarried people, whereas the hadiths in question address cheating on a spouse.

But even if the hadiths weren't authentic, would that make lashing an acceptable punishment?

Seeing nowadays diseases due to adultery,then yes,it is even less than acceptable punishment,IMHO

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I never said religion or specifically Islam had anything to do with this. I said that :

Seriously did you read my post or not? I specifically said that no religion can cure immorality and it does not offer immorality. Shall I start pulling out some muttawir ahadith on how amoral Islam is? The contract between your morality and your own religion may astonish you although I cannot recall if you are a Shia or Sunni so that may differ because your own morality is not even objective yet alone moral as it is just legislation.

Right,we can't blame religion for what people do and i think the bad deeds of some religious people isn't a rational reason to leave religion for, hypocrites do always exist.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Savages! :eek: I honestly cannot view "people" who could do that to a sentient being, let alone their own family, as human beings. Stoning is one of the absolute worst ways to die, right up there with being burned alive or slowly dismembered.

I wonder where Hamza Tzortzis is because after a tragedy like this his comedic lying could give me a giggle. Religion has done nothing to thwart cultural values like what the Pakistanis have and it will never do so. There is nothing honorable in what the father did to his own daughter and as to how he confesses with such pride alludes me since I am used to behaving like a human being and not like a dog.

Please do not insult dogs in such a way. A dog would not do that to its pup.

That doesn't happen 869 times per year and doesn't involve 20 members of the family taking part.

There's a difference between psychotic individuals compared to a large cultural problem that influences sadistic behavior.

Plus, that man will be punished for what he did and Western society is aghast at that sort of atrocity and do not condone it or uphold it as right.

Last edited:

kashmir

When will these people grow out of these barbaric laws?
Actually, will they ever?
1)no one helped her
2)the cops don't care (showing this is an unwritten barbaric law)
3)it happens quite a lot, showing it is an unwritten law, upheld even by the actual police.

So here is something that bothers me, if muhammad was a prophet of peace, why didn't he change these unwritten laws too and deem them immoral?
It does not have to actually be in the quran to be part of the barbaric culture that obviously still exists and is even supported by the actual law.
"nothing to see here folks, no witnesses, no evidence,.. move along"

Where is the forgiveness that Jesus demanded of men?
He even forgave the adulteress at the well, didn't he?
Oh yah, muhammad said Jesus was a fraud, my bad.
And if islam is a religion of peace, it has an odd way to show it to murder their very own flesh and blood.

The holy bible doesn't actually say "thou shall not rape your daughter and sell her into sex slavery, does it?
Jesus pretty much said to love and not hate, and to forgive, which covers all the barbaric laws man did back then, that Christians do not do today.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When will these people grow out of these barbaric laws?
Actually, will they ever?
1)no one helped her
2)the cops don't care (showing this is an unwritten barbaric law)
3)it happens quite a lot, showing it is an unwritten law, upheld even by the actual police.

So here is something that bothers me, if muhammad was a prophet of peace, why didn't he change these unwritten laws too and deem them immoral?
It does not have to actually be in the quran to be part of the barbaric culture that obviously still exists and is even supported by the actual law.
"nothing to see here folks, no witnesses, no evidence,.. move along"

Where is the forgiveness that Jesus demanded of men?
He even forgave the adulteress at the well, didn't he?
Oh yah, muhammad said Jesus was a fraud, my bad.
And if islam is a religion of peace, it has an odd way to show it to their very own flesh and blood.

The holy bible doesn't actually say "thou shall not rape your daughter and sell her into sex slavery, does it?
Jesus pretty much said to love and not hate, which covers all the barbaric laws man did back then, that Christians do not do today.
In what major religion does not local culture bent on violence
override peaceful dictates of scripture? I blame the culture.

kashmir

In what major religion does not local culture bent on violence
override peaceful dictates of scripture? I blame the culture.

You're missing the point, no country goes by barbaric laws other than..
well it's obvious.
Show me one other faith based nation that goes by such barbaric unwritten laws other than the one in the OP.
They are even hanging a pregnant woman for leaving their faith, an actual real law.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
well it's obvious.
Show me one other faith based nation that goes by such barbaric unwritten laws other than the one in the OP.
They are even hanging a pregnant woman for leaving their faith, an actual real law.

Islamic countries are in the same place that Christian countries were in the Middle Ages, in terms of sheer brutality and willingness to cause extreme suffering, which shows what sort of throwbacks those people are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
well it's obvious.
Well, I believe I'm addressing your post directly. The faith itself is not the inherent problem. Other major faiths which are generally tagged as peaceful will have countries where adherents will be more violent than their scripture would appear to allow. Pakistan's laws reflect its culture, & allow such things to happen. We have a large Muslim population where I live, & the most violent disputes they're involved in are polite requests to get a pedestrian friendly traffic lite in front of a mosque. Same religion...different culture.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Seeing nowadays diseases due to adultery,then yes,it is even less than acceptable punishment,IMHO

"Less than acceptable punishment", eh? So what else would you like to do? Want to break out some old school Inquisition torture devices for people doing things with their genitals that you choose to obsess about?

kashmir

Islamic countries are in the same place that Christian countries were in the Middle Ages, in terms of sheer brutality and willingness to cause extreme suffering, which shows what sort of throwbacks those people are.

And Christians had Jesus, and islam has muhammad who said Jesus was a fraud.
So what other reason did Christians stop the barbaric laws and ialam still has them?

Well, I believe I'm addressing your post directly. The faith itself is not the inherent problem. Other major faiths which are generally tagged as peaceful will have countries where adherents will be more violent than their scripture would appear to allow. Pakistan's laws reflect its culture, & allow such things to happen. We have a large Muslim population where I live, & the most violent disputes they're involved in are polite requests to get a pedestrian friendly traffic lite in front of a mosque. Same religion...different culture.

Because muslims did not create and maintain the same culture that islam has.
Simply put, they have to go by the laws of your country, not their unwritten laws and culture.

You really didn't answer the question, you went around it because there is no country that goes by barbaric laws, written and unwritten.
Regardless of where culture came from, muhammad is said to have brought peace, how is this sort of barbaric unwritten culture still the same, under his authority?
It wasn't under Jesus's authority, nothing he said in the NT shows a hint of violence towards man.

If one is to follow God, it over rules culture, as Jesus said, be in the world not part of the world.

So to stone this woman to death, goes against God.
You simply can not dance around it as justified, and it goes a long way to show just how much of a true prophet muhammad really was.

If a true prophet was to come today, do you think he would approve of such barbaric laws?
Even things such as to build nukes, do you think a true prophet of God would not address that?
Yo simply can not be for peace and leave violence in your own people as being justified.

Jesus clearly proved exactly what I am saying to be true, because he was a real man of God and Gods son.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Less than acceptable punishment", eh? So what else would you like to do? Want to break out some old school Inquisition torture devices for people doing things with their genitals that you choose to obsess about?

So what do you think is better,slashing or a disease such as this

acne-5-771320.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And Christians had Jesus, and islam has muhammad who said Jesus was a fraud.
So what other reason did Christians stop the barbaric laws and ialam still has them?

Because muslims did not create and maintain the same culture that islam has.
If even one of those muslims left your country and went back to pakistan, they then take on its culture.
How do you know they'd want to move to a place like that, & that they'd change this way?
This seems to be making a presumption into evidence.
Moreover, a friend of mine is from Pakistan, & is very much against such violence.
So even Pakistan is not so uniform...particularly these westernized Pakistanis.

You really didn't answer the question, you went around it because there is no country that goes by barbaric laws, written and unwritten.
Could you re-state the question you want answered?

Regardless of where culture came from, muhammad is said to have brought peace, how is this sort of barbaric unwritten culture still the same, under his authority?
It wasn't under Jesus's authority, nothing he said in the NT shows a hint of violence towards man.
If one is to follow God, it over rules culture, as Jesus said, be in the world not part of the world.
One can bring a message of peace. That doesn't mean that all will accept it, even those who believe.
Scripture & ancillary works can get complicated enuf for any malefactor to find justification in them.

So to stone this woman to death, goes against God.
You simply can not dance around it as justified, and it goes a long way to show just how much of a true prophet muhammad really was.
Oh, I'm sure you're a better dancer than I.
And I have no idea what a god would want...none has ever told me.