• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Facts about Mangalavara

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
However, I can't help but notice that each of the three faiths I mentioned often speak more of their 'prophet' than they do of their god himself...

That might come from a natural inclination to revere more than just one being. Polytheism, as we know, was the rule before imperial monotheism.

If I ponder on the Trimurti and the function of each of the three, it seems creation alone is... pointless. If I create a cat, but don't sustain it, what good is it? Brahma can create, but if Vishnu does not preserve, its in vain. But then what of Shiva's function? If Brahma creates and then Vishnu preserves... it stagnates. And that simply isn't how the powers of the universe work. This is where Shiva comes in to repurpose what in no longer serving. Without this mercy, the cycle would end.

This is such a brilliant way to look at the Trimurti!

Perhaps its easier to relate to being preserved or let go. If my mother gave birth to me, but abandoned me for another to care for, I would likely reserve for the person who saw to my health during my formative years.

Yes. The formative years, of course, are longer than the mere nine months of being carried and then born.