• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2070 Christs glorious return

Faithofchristian

Do you know that you are wrong?

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (ESV Strong's) 23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe you need to read that again.
"And I pray God your whole spirit and soul, and body" their all being group into one.

You only have one body, your soul,spirit which is inside your body.
Soul,spirit being one and the same.

Maybe you need to know the Hebrew and Greek Translations. For Soul and Spirit. Which are the same.

Faithofchristian

There are many being taught that when Christ returns that people will be rapture out from the earth.

But however in the book of
Proverbs 10:30--"The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth"

Therefore the righteous shall never be removed from the earth, Then how does the rapture fit into this ?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The prophecy of Kemosloby. This is a theory that Christ will return to resurrect the dead in 2070 or shortly afterwards. Here is the basis of the theory and scriptural support.

Jesus stood in the temple of the Jews in Jerusalem and stated "tear down this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up again" This statement had multiple meanings. The temple Jesus was standing in was a Temple of God, Jesus' body was a temple of God; And those who believe in Jesus are the body of Christ. Christs body was destroyed on the cross and in 3 days resurrected. He was resurrected early on the third day, already gone before anyone came to look the next morning. The temple of the Jews was destroyed in 70 ad by the Romans. This started the timer for the resurrection. Christ promised to return to resurrect his church, i.e. those who believe in him. "But do not let this one fact escape you, The Lord is not slow at keeping his promise, he is patient not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance, therefore let 1 day be 1000 years. 2 Peter 3:9; Some simple math says the third day is 2070-3070, and Christ said " I will come quickly like a thief in the night" So very shortly after 2070, paralleling the resurrection of Christ. Gone before morning.

Romans 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.
2070's good. Far enough off that it's unlikely to come back to bite the "prophet" when nothing happens, close enough that it sounds imminent.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
2070's good. Far enough off that it's unlikely to come back to bite the "prophet" when nothing happens, close enough that it sounds imminent.

Jesus was the prophet, I just figured out his metaphorical prophecy, or think I did. "Tear down this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up again"

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
The prophecy of Kemosloby. This is a theory that Christ will return to resurrect the dead in 2070 or shortly afterwards. Here is the basis of the theory and scriptural support.

Jesus stood in the temple of the Jews in Jerusalem and stated "tear down this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up again" This statement had multiple meanings. The temple Jesus was standing in was a Temple of God, Jesus' body was a temple of God; And those who believe in Jesus are the body of Christ. Christs body was destroyed on the cross and in 3 days resurrected. He was resurrected early on the third day, already gone before anyone came to look the next morning. The temple of the Jews was destroyed in 70 ad by the Romans. This started the timer for the resurrection. Christ promised to return to resurrect his church, i.e. those who believe in him. "But do not let this one fact escape you, The Lord is not slow at keeping his promise, he is patient not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance, therefore let 1 day be 1000 years. 2 Peter 3:9; Some simple math says the third day is 2070-3070, and Christ said " I will come quickly like a thief in the night" So very shortly after 2070, paralleling the resurrection of Christ. Gone before morning.

Romans 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.
No one knows the day or the hour, not even the Son. How could he have given such a prophecy. This 2070 thing is bogus. But I at least respect that whoever came up with this didn't say it was to happen in their own immediate future.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
No one knows the day or the hour, not even the Son. How could he have given such a prophecy. This 2070 thing is bogus. But I at least respect that whoever came up with this didn't say it was to happen in their own immediate future.

Because it doesn't give the day or the hour, and 2070 is sort of a misnomer since it could be anywhere between 2070 and 2570 corresponding to the time Jesus spent in the tomb. Nobody knows the hour or the minute Jesus left the tomb.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Because it doesn't give the day or the hour, and 2070 is sort of a misnomer since it could be anywhere between 2070 and 2570 corresponding to the time Jesus spent in the tomb. Nobody knows the hour or the minute Jesus left the tomb.
Another thing is that anybody can connect dots not intended by the original authors to be connected on just about any topic. There must be explicit confirmation by a Bible author to validate any such prediction. Otherwise, it's once again just seeing shapes in the clouds, wishful thinking.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Another thing is that anybody can connect dots not intended by the original authors to be connected on just about any topic. There must be explicit confirmation by a Bible author to validate any such prediction. Otherwise, it's once again just seeing shapes in the clouds, wishful thinking.

It could be that way, but Christ being the Messiah based on OT scripture was not plain as day or explicit in any way. More like people who saw the shapes and clouds became the believers.

Little Lunch

Atheist
Is there a reason that he's been gone so long?
Is it just to catch us by surprise?
Or a test to see if we can pass on information without it turning into chinese whispers?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Is there a reason that he's been gone so long?
Is it just to catch us by surprise?
Or a test to see if we can pass on information without it turning into chinese whispers?

"God is patient with us, hoping all will come to repentance." I believe there is a quota so God is waiting for the last believer in Christ to be born or born again.

Faithofchristian

You don't know the book of Revelation very well.
Because in the book of Revelation God has given to know what is happening in that day and hour.
God didn't give the exact day and hour, only to let people know what would be happening in that day and hour.

Faithofchristian

The second coming can not happen.

God given in the book of Revelation the last Prophecy to happen that when this Prophecy happens Christ Jesus returns.

Christ Jesus can not return until this last Prophecy happens in the book of Revelation.

Many people are being taught that when Christ Jesus returns that people will be Raptured out from the earth. This is a false teaching of man's

God has given in the book of Proverbs 10:30
--- "The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth"

Therefore the righteous shall ( Never ) be removed from the earth.
How does the Rapture Theory fit into this?

Last edited:

Little Lunch

Atheist
The second coming can not happen.

God given in the book of Revelation the last Prophecy to happen that when this Prophecy happens Christ Jesus returns.

Christ Jesus can not return until this last Prophecy happens in the book of Revelation.

Many people are being taught that when Christ Jesus returns that people will be Raptured out from the earth. This is a false teaching of man's

God has given in the book of Proverbs 10:30
--- "The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth"

I think the story is ever changing.
It used to be that everyone was going to get a barcode on their wrist or forehead and if you got that, you'd still be here after the rapture.
The three longest bars were 666, the mark of the beast.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
So it could be a couple hundred thousand years before he comes back.
Or in 5 minutes.

It could be, but I think He left some clues that would narrow it down by. Not that we can be sure 2070 is a roundabout time, best to be on guard at all times like Jesus says to do. He will come quickly like a thief in the night to catch you sleeping.

Faithofchristian

It used to be that everyone was going to get a barcode on their wrist or forehead and if you got that, you'd still be here after the rapture.

Have you gave any thought as to how long it would take to place a bar code on every human on earth.
Wouldn't that be a give away.

That's man's teachings and not what God has given in the book of Revelation.

Many people are being taught that when the rapture happens, people will Raptured out from the earth.
God has given in the book of Proverbs 10:30--
-- " The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth"

Therefore the righteous shall never be removed from the earth.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

That's man's teachings.

In the book of Revelation, God has given the last Prophecy that is to happen, that when this last Prophecy happens Christ Jesus returns.

Little Lunch

Atheist
One world government was the other sign, led by the anti-Christ.
I was terrified as a kid, thinking the rapture was just around the corner.

Faithofchristian

One world government was the other sign, led by the anti-Christ.
I was terrified as a kid, thinking the rapture was just around the corner.

The Rapture is just a false teaching of man's.

In the book of Proverbs 10:30 God has said --"The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth"

So ask yourself how does the Rapture fit into this ?