• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2070 Christs glorious return

allfoak

Alchemist
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You can change the actual definition of the word day to make it mean all kinds of things it really doesn't.

I didn't change anything, the Apostles did. "let a day be 1000 years" and it was said in the context of Christs second coming.

2 Peter 3:8 The Day of the Lord
…Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Similar to how Captain Kirk outsmarts Kahn in the wrath of Khan, giving coded messages. If an hour was a day etc....when they were trapped in the Genesis cave, I think it was.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe there is nothing that says it is a thursday. Sabbaths always started on Friday.

"Special Sabbath", if you look at the feasts in the old testament there are Sabbath days that pertain only to them, special Sabbaths. The Saturday Sabbath was the regular Sabbath that starts on Friday night.[/QUOTE]

I believe there is nothing special about Thursday.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I believe the scripture says he died at 3pm.

Yeah around 3 p.m. , But by the time they laid him in the tomb it was nightfall. Which could just as well start the timer for the metaphor "the Son of Man will spend 3 days in the belly of the Earth" When they put his body in the tomb could be the start of the timer, and when his body left the tomb ends the timer.

If Jesus was crucified on a Thursday, laid in the tomb at nightfall on Thursday before a "special Sabbath" of Passover. 2 full days and part of Sunday. Thurs nightfall and all day Friday, Friday nightfall and all day Saturday (the regular sabbath) , Saturday nightfall and his body was not in the Tomb on Sunday at dawn.

Faithofchristian

The prophecy of Kemosloby. This is a theory that Christ will return to resurrect the dead in 2070 or shortly afterwards. Here is the basis of the theory and scriptural support.

Jesus stood in the temple of the Jews in Jerusalem and stated "tear down this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up again" This statement had multiple meanings. The temple Jesus was standing in was a Temple of God, Jesus' body was a temple of God; And those who believe in Jesus are the body of Christ. Christs body was destroyed on the cross and in 3 days resurrected. He was resurrected early on the third day, already gone before anyone came to look the next morning. The temple of the Jews was destroyed in 70 ad by the Romans. This started the timer for the resurrection. Christ promised to return to resurrect his church, i.e. those who believe in him. "But do not let this one fact escape you, The Lord is not slow at keeping his promise, he is patient not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance, therefore let 1 day be 1000 years. 2 Peter 3:9; Some simple math says the third day is 2070-3070, and Christ said " I will come quickly like a thief in the night" So very shortly after 2070, paralleling the resurrection of Christ. Gone before morning.

Romans 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.

The question is, As to who are the dead
In 1st These 4:16 ?
What does it mean, by the dead in Christ ?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
The question is, As to who are the dead
In 1st These 4:16 ?
What does it mean, by the dead in Christ ?

Those who died believing in Jesus, who sleep in their graves awaiting the resurrection on the last day, the judgement day. Those are the "dead in Christ"

Faithofchristian

Yeah around 3 p.m. , But by the time they laid him in the tomb it was nightfall. Which could just as well start the timer for the metaphor "the Son of Man will spend 3 days in the belly of the Earth" When they put his body in the tomb could be the start of the timer, and when his body left the tomb ends the timer.

If Jesus was crucified on a Thursday, laid in the tomb at nightfall on Thursday before a "special Sabbath" of Passover. 2 full days and part of Sunday. Thurs nightfall and all day Friday, Friday nightfall and all day Saturday (the regular sabbath) , Saturday nightfall and his body was not in the Tomb on Sunday at dawn.

What you have there, only adds up two days.
Those who died believing in Jesus, who sleep in their graves awaiting the resurrection on the last day, the judgement day. Those are the "dead in Christ"

Oh really.could it not be the dead as being those who are Spiritually dead.
Meaning those that have no concept of Christ Jesus.
Meaning those who do not believe in God, are Spiritually dead.

Your body of flesh and bones is only what lays in the ground, But your spirit returns to God who gave it.
Ecclesiastes 12:7.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What you have there, only adds up two days.

Oh really.could it not be the dead as being those who are Spiritually dead.
Meaning those that have no concept of Christ Jesus.
Meaning those who do not believe in God, are Spiritually dead.

No, it means dead in their graves. Paul also talks about it in Corinthians.

Any part of a day is considered a day, Friday Saturday and Early Sunday, three days he was dead. So He was dead two full days and part of the third day. The last 70 years is part of the third day.

Faithofchristian

No, it means dead in their graves. Paul also talks about it in Corinthians.

Any part of a day is considered a day, Friday Saturday and Early Sunday, three days he was dead. So He was dead two full days and part of the third day. The last 70 years is part of the third day.

Dead in graves, only means, those that are Spiritually dead.

Faithofchristian

No, that is not what it means. That makes no sense at all. Dead in graves means those buried in the cemetary with R.I.P. written on their tombstones.

Only the dead corps body's are in the graves.
But the spirit is what returns to God.

Look Christ Jesus said in Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body,
But are not able to kill the soul:
But rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"

Therefore the sou,spirit can not will not die. Only when God decides to destroy the soul in hell.
Only the body of flesh dies and returns back to the dust of earth.

And the soul,spirit, returns back to God who gave it.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Only the dead corps body's are in the graves.
But the spirit is what returns to God.

Look Christ Jesus said in Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body,
But are not able to kill the soul:
But rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"

Therefore the sou,spirit can not will not die. Only when God decides to destroy the soul in hell.
Only the body of flesh dies and returns back to the dust of earth.

And the soul,spirit, returns back to God who gave it.

No, look even you can't help differentiate between, souls, bodies and spirits. The body rots and the soul sleeps when you die. Where the life of the body goes, who knows, maybe that goes back to God like you say. But the part that is you sleeps in the dust like a seed sown waiting to sprout. Then you're resurrected in some sort of immortal spiritual body.

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Just an example to steer you in the right direction, if you can follow what Paul is saying..

1 cor 15:52
Where O Death is Your Victory?
…51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant,in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raisedimperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.…

Faithofchristian

No, look even you can't help differentiate between, souls, bodies and spirits. The body rots and the soul sleeps when you die. Where the life of the body goes, who knows, maybe that goes back to God like you say. But the part that is you sleeps in the dust like a seed sown waiting to sprout. Then you're resurrected in some sort of immortal spiritual body.

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Just an example to steer you in the right direction, if you can follow what Paul is saying..

1 cor 15:52
Where O Death is Your Victory?
…51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant,in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raisedimperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.…

Maybe your spirit lays there in the ground of the earth.
But as for my spirit returns to God who gave it.

You follow to much what man will teach.

And not what God teaches in his word.

Read Ecclesiastes 12:7 and see what that tells you.
The body returns back to the earth from where it taken and the spirit returns back to God who gave it.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Maybe your spirit lays there in the ground of the earth.
But as for my spirit returns to God who gave it.

You follow to much what man will teach.

And not what God teaches in his word.

Read Ecclesiastes 12:7 and see what that tells you.
The body returns back to the earth from where it taken and the spirit returns back to God who gave it.

The dead sleep in the dust awaiting the resurrection, your soul sleeps while the spirit is gone from you, back to God. Then on the resurrection day God puts the spirit back into you, never more to part. Raised in a spiritual body, immortal. I'll take that. I love to sleep.

Faithofchristian

The dead sleep in the dust awaiting the resurrection, your soul sleeps while the spirit is gone from you, back to God. Then on the resurrection day God puts the spirit back into you, never more to part. Raised in a spiritual body, immortal. I'll take that. I love to sleep.

Do you know that the soul and spirit are one and the same.

In the Greek translation 4151, gives the soul,spirit as being all the same.

In the Hebrew Ruach as being spirit, and the spirit which is Ruach, which also Translation being soul.
Hebrew 5315.- 7307.

Kemosloby

Premium Member

In the Greek translation 4151, gives the soul,spirit as being all the same.

In the Hebrew Ruach as being spirit, and the spirit which is Ruach, which also Translation being soul.
Hebrew 5315.- 7307.

People don't really know what a soul is or what the "spirit" is, to understand what the Aposltes, who are inspired by Christ (who does know what a soul is and a spirit is), you're better off understanding by following the context in which it is used, In my humble opinion. That's all I have to say on this subject.

Faithofchristian

People don't really know what a soul is or what the "spirit" is, to understand what the Aposltes, who are inspired by Christ (who does know what a soul is and a spirit is), you're better off understanding by following the context in which it is used, In my humble opinion. That's all I have to say on this subject.

Not all people, there are those people like myself that does know what the soul and spirit is.
To follow the context is to know what the Greek and Hebrew Translations really mean for soul and spirit.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Not all people, there are those people like myself that does know what the soul and spirit is.
To follow the context is to know what the Greek and Hebrew Translations really mean for soul and spirit.

Yes because translators have an infallible advantage over us, that's why there is only one translation of those texts and not a one differs from the others. That was sarcasm in case you did not recognize it.

djhwoodwerks

Do you know that you are wrong?

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (ESV Strong's) 23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.