• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2070 Christs glorious return

Ben Avraham

He said listen to Moses and the prophets, Obviously meaning to listen to those who listen to God, those who put faith in God over the letter of the law. Because it was those who sat in Moses seat, and had the law, that killed the prophets.

Your interpretation is simply absurd to me. "Aka the Law", I said. To listen to "Moses" is one and the same as to listen to the Law. The Law was delivered to us to promote life rather than death. You need to read Psalms 119. The longest chapter in the Tanach but it is worthy to all Christians who reject the Law.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Your interpretation is simply absurd to me. "Aka the Law", I said. To listen to "Moses" is one and the same as to listen to the Law. The Law was delivered to us to promote life rather than death. You need to read Psalms 119. The longest chapter in the Tanach but it is worthy to all Christians who reject the Law.
Well what for did they need prophets for after Moses if all they needed was the law? And is it really the same to listen to Moses as to Listen to the law? The law can be taken many ways, But "When used correctly the law is good". Some used the law to kill and some used the law to save. So the law itself is not good.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What do you have as an evidence for what you say above? Only your faith and nothing else. That's something convenient about Christians; when they are called into accounting for what they claim, they usually postpone to the future. For instance, the NT says that Jesus was born to be king and for the Astrologers he had already been born a king. Since he was born, lived his span of life and died without ever becoming a king, now, you say above that his kingship is for the future. Well, he has been dead for 2000 years and if you read Psalm 49:12,20, his grave has become his eternal home. And according to King David in II Samuel 12:23, from there he will never return. And so it is confirmed by Isaiah in 26:14 and Job in 7:9.

What does Psalms 49:15 say but that God would redeem from the ' power of the grave '.
Compare the delivery at Psalms 86:13 with Acts of the Apostles 2:27,31; Psalms 16:10

As with an animal, we can Not redeem oneself or another - Psalms 49:7 - it's beyond man or animal to do that.
The resurrected Jesus however will redeem by resurrecting the dead - Revelation 1:18

Wasn't David talking about his dead son - 2 Samuel 12:18 in connection to 2 Samuel 12:23 ? _____

Reading past Isaiah 26:14 down to Isaiah 26:19 where it mentions the earth 'will' cast out the dead.
The wicked are the 'they' eternal dead - Isaiah 26:10,14; Psalms 92:7 - because they will be destroyed forever.

Job 7:1-3 is talking about the hireling ( hired paid man ) Our days are like a hired worker.
If Jesus would have sinned he would have been like a person who can't resurrect oneself - Job 7:9
Job 14:1-22 Job knows man is short-lived with troubles, but Job knew God would conceal him in the grave because God will long for the work of His hands - Job 14:14-15
God restores Job to good health - Job 42:10-17 - which is a foregleam or preview of what will take place during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
There will be healing for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2 - Jesus will resurrect the dead - Revelation 1:18

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Who is the end of the Law according to Romans 10:4 but Jesus.

The Constitution of the Mosaic Law was a temporary arrangement and only for one nation, natural Israel.

Who keeps the animal sacrifices today as prescribed under the Law?
Who keeps the whole system of Sabbaths as directed under the Law ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
He said listen to Moses and the prophets, Obviously meaning to listen to those who listen to God, those who put faith in God over the letter of the law. Because it was those who sat in Moses seat, and had the law, that killed the prophets.

Yes, Jesus stressed the spirit of the Law as in his NEW commandment to have self-sacrificing love for others as he did - John 13:34-35

Ben Avraham

1 - Who is the end of the Law according to Romans 10:4 but Jesus.

2 - The Constitution of the Mosaic Law was a temporary arrangement and only for one nation, natural Israel.

3 - Who keeps the animal sacrifices today as prescribed under the Law?
4 - Who keeps the whole system of Sabbaths as directed under the Law ?

1 - What you are asking me above is if Jesus was a liar. No, he was not. He said that there won't be an end of the Law until heaven and earth passed away. (Mat. 5:17-19)

2 - The Law of the Decalogue is for every one, Jews and Gentiles. Only the ritual laws are for the Jews only.

3 - There is no animal sacrifices today; and I hope they will never come back. They caused more troubles than good. They were ritual laws for the Jews only. Jeremiah said that HaShem never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel if you read Jeremiah 7:22.

4 - We do. Only those who do not work six days and rest on the Sabbath are not keeping up with that law.

Ben Avraham

1 - What does Psalms 49:15 say but that God would redeem from the ' power of the grave '. Compare the delivery at Psalms 86:13 with Acts of the Apostles 2:27,31; Psalms 16:10 As with an animal, we can Not redeem oneself or another - Psalms 49:7 - it's beyond man or animal to do that.

2 - The resurrected Jesus however will redeem by resurrecting the dead - Revelation 1:18

3 - Wasn't David talking about his dead son - 2 Samuel 12:18 in connection to 2 Samuel 12:23 ? _____

4 - Reading past Isaiah 26:14 down to Isaiah 26:19 where it mentions the earth 'will' cast out the dead.
The wicked are the 'they' eternal dead - Isaiah 26:10,14; Psalms 92:7 - because they will be destroyed forever.

5 - Job 7:1-3 is talking about the hireling ( hired paid man ) Our days are like a hired worker. If Jesus would have sinned he would have been like a person who can't resurrect oneself - Job 7:9 Job 14:1-22 Job knows man is short-lived with troubles, but Job knew God would conceal him in the grave because God will long for the work of His hands - Job 14:14-15 God restores Job to good health - Job 42:10-17 - which is a foregleam or preview of what will take place during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24

6 - There will be healing for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2 - Jesus will resurrect the dead - Revelation 1:18

1 - That redemption is before death, not after one is already in Sheol aka the grave.

2 - What evidence do you have that Jesus ever resurrected? Only your faith and the gospel of Paul aka the NT. Even an eyewitness there was none. Now, evidence that he did not resurrected, we have II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; and Job 7:9.

3 - Yes, and he said that he would never return from Sheol aka the grave.

4 - Isaiah was talking about the Jews in exile aka in the graves of the nations. If you read Isaiah 53:8,9 when the Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the land of the living and graves are assigned to them among the nations. At the end of the exile, the Lord opens those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel, if you read Ezekiel 37:12.

5 - The Word of God does not lie. It says that there has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. (Ecclesiastes 7:20) Jesus was a man upon earth for 33 years of his life. Besides, if you read Mat. 23:13-33, Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times only on that text. The Golden Rule states that we should not do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. I am sure Jesus would not have liked to be addressed as a hypocrite and brood of vipers. That's what he did to the Pharisees if we are to believe that text. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions right there! It means Jesus was a sinner just as you and I are.

6 - Jesus won't resurrect any one for two reasons: First, because he is dead if you read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 and second, there is no evidence that resurrection is a fact from II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; and Job 7:9.

Last edited:

Ben Avraham

Well what for did they need prophets for after Moses if all they needed was the law? And is it really the same to listen to Moses as to Listen to the law? The law can be taken many ways, But "When used correctly the law is good". Some used the law to kill and some used the law to save. So the law itself is not good.

Would you please provide me with a quote to the effect that the Law was used to kill? And then, you would change your mind about the Law if you read Psalms 119. Each verse is about the good that the Law produces.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Would you please provide me with a quote to the effect that the Law was used to kill? And then, you would change your mind about the Law if you read Psalms 119. Each verse is about the good that the Law produces.
"let him who has no sin cast the first stone", obviously they were about to kill that woman because of the law.

Ben Avraham

"let him who has no sin cast the first stone", obviously they were about to kill that woman because of the law.

That never happened. It was either a parable or a forgery to implicate the Jewish authorities. Why do I say so? Because, a married woman to be caught in adultery! It would not be that easy. It doesn't make sense at all! Besides, even if it had been true, that's not how the Sanhedrin used to work. Not only that it would take years for a death sentence to be decreed on a married woman caught in adultery but also she would have go through the test with the ashes of the red heifer. All that would take time. And if she had to be sentenced to death, the public way-fare would not be the best choice. Yes, it was a parable and not by Jesus either but by the Hellenist who wrote that gospel. And last but not least, a passer-by would not be able to change the verdict no matter how wise he could be.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That never happened. It was either a parable or a forgery to implicate the Jewish authorities. Why do I say so? Because, a married woman to be caught in adultery! It would not be that easy. It doesn't make sense at all! Besides, even if it had been true, that's not how the Sanhedrin used to work. Not only that it would take years for a death sentence to be decreed on a married woman caught in adultery but also she would have go through the test with the ashes of the red heifer. All that would take time. And if she had to be sentenced to death, the public way-fare would not be the best choice. Yes, it was a parable and not by Jesus either but by the Hellenist who wrote that gospel. And last but not least, a passer-by would not be able to change the verdict no matter how wise he could be.
I think she was just a prostitute, not a married woman. It's an example of hypocrisy. Everybody sins, Nobody keeps the law perfectly, Yet people kill others for breaking it. So Jesus was ushering in the New Covenant, the good news of the gospel, forgiveness of sins, a sinless one to remove the hypocrisy from the law. Jesus is your judge, so judge not lest ye be judged, and all that.

Ben Avraham

I think she was just a prostitute, not a married woman. It's an example of hypocrisy. Everybody sins, Nobody keeps the law perfectly, Yet people kill others for breaking it. So Jesus was ushering in the New Covenant, the good news of the gospel, forgiveness of sins, a sinless one to remove the hypocrisy from the law. Jesus is your judge, so judge not lest ye be judged, and all that.

Thank you! You have just proved to me that the Hellenist who wrote that gospel was an idiot because no woman ever in Israel would be taken to be stoned for being a prostitute.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Thank you! You have just proved to me that the Hellenist who wrote that gospel was an idiot because no woman ever in Israel would be taken to be stoned for being a prostitute.
Does it make a difference they were just stoning her in the street, not giving her a trial?

Reggie Miller

And that could still be true. Because we're talking about two kinds of days, an actual day and hour, and the pattern of the day and hour where day is 1000 years. So the theory narrows it down to 500 years our time. 2070 to 2570.

Wrong. You have no idea what day or hour Christ will return and you cannot know. What makes you think the Father is going to reveal it to you when the Son did not even know?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Wrong. You have no idea what day or hour Christ will return and you cannot know. What makes you think the Father is going to reveal it to you when the Son did not even know?
I gave a year...and not even a definitive year. 2070 to 2570 is hardly and hour and a day. And here we are in 2016, hope in Christ fading all around, perhaps the Lord has allowed me to figure out his riddle so that people might see the Lord has not forgotten us, is not slow in keeping his promise, but is right on time, patiently waiting for people to repent. What harm do you see?

Reggie Miller

I gave a year...and not even a definitive year. 2070 to 2570 is hardly and hour and a day. And here we are in 2016, hope in Christ fading all around, perhaps the Lord has allowed me to figure out his riddle so that people might see the Lord has not forgotten us, is not slow in keeping his promise, but is right on time, patiently waiting for people to repent. What harm do you see?

Trying to pick "when" is not what Christ taught. Christ taught to be ready now. If you ready now the when no longer matters.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Trying to pick "when" is not what Christ taught. Christ taught to be ready now. If you ready now the when no longer matters.
No, it does matter. Inquiring minds want to know. So the apostle Peter told us.

2 Peter 3:9 Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.