• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2070 Christs glorious return

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It is Not all going to go kaboom. There will be healing for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
Jesus, as Prince of Peace, is going to usher in global Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill.
- Matthew 25:31-33,37

Both Matthew 24 and Luke 21 have a minor and a MAJOR fulfillment.
The MAJOR fulfillment is set for our day or time frame setting as mentioned at Revelation 1:10
Revelation was Not written for the first century but for our time.
There were first-century people still alive in the year 70 when the Romans armies destroyed Jerusalem.
The Christians had already fled the city in the year 66 - Luke 19:43-44; Luke 21:20-21
1 Thessalonians 5:2- For you are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “Peace and security,”destruction will come upon them suddenly,like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in the darkness so that this day should overtake you like a thief.…

Ben Avraham

Shadow of things to come, it was probably just pointing in the direction of the Son, since Jesus came from the tribe of Judah and is called Mighty God.

Jesus did not come from the Tribe of Judah. To be acknowledged that he did come from the Tribe of Judah, you must agree that he was a biological son of Joseph who was the one from the Tribe of Judah. However, if you do come down to that agreement, Jesus could never be called son of God, unless as part of the People of Israel if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son" said the Lord.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Jesus did not come from the Tribe of Judah. To be acknowledged that he did come from the Tribe of Judah, you must agree that he was a biological son of Joseph who was the one from the Tribe of Judah. However, if you do come down to that agreement, Jesus could never be called son of God, unless as part of the People of Israel if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son" said the Lord.

Well I guess we could look into that. The bible says Jesus came from Judah.

And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; in him the Gentiles will hope." -Romans 15:12

Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has triumphed to open the scroll and its seven seals." Rev. 5:5

Isaiah 11:1 Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a branch from his roots will bear fruit. The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.…

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Maybe adoption is good enough. Jesus didn't think biology was that important when he said " I can raise up stones to the seed of Abraham". Since we are Gods children by adoption, it seems fair enough.

Ben Avraham

Maybe adoption is good enough. Jesus didn't think biology was that important when he said " I can raise up stones to the seed of Abraham". Since we are Gods children by adoption, it seems fair enough.

Adoption in Israel was valid to bring to the adoptee all the rights but one, the right to the genealogy of the father. Nice try though! As I am concerned, Jesus was from the Tribe of Judah because he was a biological son of Joseph. But to you, he remained a Jew without a Tribe in Israel. Very damaging to his name if you read John 8:41. His peers who knew him from childhood suspected that he had been born out of fornication. I don't blame them but the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of John. BTW, according to Josephus, thousands of Jewish young ladies were raped by Roman soldiers in the First Century.

Ben Avraham

Well I guess we could look into that. The bible says Jesus came from Judah.

And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; in him the Gentiles will hope." -Romans 15:12

Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has triumphed to open the scroll and its seven seals." Rev. 5:5

Isaiah 11:1 Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a branch from his roots will bear fruit. The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.…

The one who arose from the Root of Jesse was David. Evidence? He became a ruler in Israel. Jesus was never one.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
The one who arose from the Root of Jesse was David. Evidence? He became a ruler in Israel. Jesus was never one.
Lets not be dense here. We were talking about the descendents of Judah, and it says David, then Jesus was a descendant of David. The interesting part is how was Jesus a descendant of David. By adoption by Joseph? Fitting symbolism since we become children of God by a marriage, symbolically, and by adoption.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Lets not be dense here. We were talking about the descendents of Judah, and it says David, then Jesus was a descendant of David. The interesting part is how was Jesus a descendant of David. By adoption by Joseph? Fitting symbolism since we become children of God by a marriage, symbolically, and by adoption.

Yes, by adoption, thus Joseph gave Jesus the ' legal ' right to the throne.
Whereas, Mary gave Jesus the biological right.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

When on earth, Jesus even refused political office ( king on earth ) - John 6:15
That is because Jesus' kingship was to be future - Revelation 19:14-16
Jesus' kingship extends over a spiritual nation ( a spiritual Israel ) - 1 Peter 2:9; 1 Peter 2:5
Jesus' dominion will be global from sea to sea - Psalms 72:8, 12-14

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
The prophecy of Kemosloby. This is a theory that Christ will return to resurrect the dead in 2070 or shortly afterwards..

As long as someone gives a far prophesied date and allow for a margin of error, He is in the safe side!

Ben Avraham

I understand you. For not being Jewish, you do not understand Jewish culture. Adoption in Israel renders the adoptee all the rights of a son but one: The right to inherit the Tribal genealogy of the father. Therefore, Jesus could not be from the Tribe of Judah if he had been adopted by Joseph. Thanks to the NT, Jesus was a Jew because of his mother Mary but he was a Jew without a Tribe in Israel. If you don't understand that, you don't have to struggle to. Paul confessed to his disciple Timothy that it was according to his own gospel that Jesus was of the lineage of David and that he had resurrected. You may want to check that in II Timothy 2:8.

Ben Avraham

When on earth, Jesus even refused political office ( king on earth ) - John 6:15
That is because Jesus' kingship was to be future - Revelation 19:14-16
Jesus' kingship extends over a spiritual nation ( a spiritual Israel ) - 1 Peter 2:9; 1 Peter 2:5
Jesus' dominion will be global from sea to sea - Psalms 72:8, 12-14

What do you have as an evidence for what you say above? Only your faith and nothing else. That's something convenient about Christians; when they are called into accounting for what they claim, they usually postpone to the future. For instance, the NT says that Jesus was born to be king and for the Astrologers he had already been born a king. Since he was born, lived his span of life and died without ever becoming a king, now, you say above that his kingship is for the future. Well, he has been dead for 2000 years and if you read Psalm 49:12,20, his grave has become his eternal home. And according to King David in II Samuel 12:23, from there he will never return. And so it is confirmed by Isaiah in 26:14 and Job in 7:9.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I understand you. For not being Jewish, you do not understand Jewish culture. Adoption in Israel renders the adoptee all the rights of a son but one: The right to inherit the Tribal genealogy of the father. Therefore, Jesus could not be from the Tribe of Judah if he had been adopted by Joseph. Thanks to the NT, Jesus was a Jew because of his mother Mary but he was a Jew without a Tribe in Israel. If you don't understand that, you don't have to struggle to. Paul confessed to his disciple Timothy that it was according to his own gospel that Jesus was of the lineage of David and that he had resurrected. You may want to check that in II Timothy 2:8.

I don't think that's what they meant in 2 timothy 2:8, but the Gospel was Jesus' own gospel, gospel meaning good news. geneologies do follow the male and it does say Jesus was a descendant of David. So it is a good point that, how is that.
Judah seems simple since they were both from the same tribe. Jewish traditions may have changed since then to exclude the only person ever born without a father.

Ben Avraham

I don't think that's what they meant in 2 timothy 2:8, but the Gospel was Jesus' own gospel, gospel meaning good news. geneologies do follow the male and it does say Jesus was a descendant of David. So it is a good point that, how is that.
Judah seems simple since they were both from the same tribe. Jewish traditions may have changed since then to exclude the only person ever born without a father.

You should stop referring to Jesus as a person born without a father because it only depreciates his credibility as a Jew. Why? Because, according to Josephus, thousands of Jews were born in the First Century as a result of their mothers being raped by Roman soldiers. After that dialogue between Jesus and his peer friends in John 8:31-41 who knew him from childhood, somehow Jesus made them upset and they charged him with being born as a result of fornication if you read John 8:41. I don't blame them, as you know how young folks are but the NT for making up the idea that Jesus was son of God without a biological father. This idea is too Hellenistic to be accepted by a Jew without a grain of salt. (Mat. 1:18)

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You should stop referring to Jesus as a person born without a father because it only depreciates his credibility as a Jew. Why? Because, according to Josephus, thousands of Jews were born in the First Century as a result of their mothers being raped by Roman soldiers. After that dialogue between Jesus and his peer friends in John 8:31-41 who knew him from childhood, somehow Jesus made them upset and they charged him with being born as a result of fornication if you read John 8:41. I don't blame them, as you know how young folks are but the NT for making up the idea that Jesus was son of God without a biological father. This idea is too Hellenistic to be accepted by a Jew without a grain of salt. (Mat. 1:18)
Perhaps that's the point, to believe on a grain of faith rather than the law. Grain of salt for your soul? Some say no...

Ben Avraham

Perhaps that's the point, to believe on a grain of faith rather than the law. Grain of salt for your soul? Some say no...

Jesus rather believed the Law and, mind you, down to the letter; even the dot of the letter at least as long as heaven and earth are in the sky. (Mat. 5:17-19) And he went out teaching his disciples also to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Why should I settle down to a grain of faith and miss being what Jesus said we are, the salt of the earth? (Mat. 5:13) It means, we ought to keep that grain of salt rather than of faith.

Ben Avraham

Paul either missed to change that tradition or thought a Jew would never find out. No Kemosloby, the gospel of Jesus was the Tanach. You have got so used to deal with the memory of Jesus as a Christian that sometimes you think he was not a Jew.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Paul either missed to change that tradition or thought a Jew would never find out. No Kemosloby, the gospel of Jesus was the Tanach. You have got so used to deal with the memory of Jesus as a Christian that sometimes you think he was not a Jew.
Oops sorry, tanach not torah. It would certainly be easier to remember Jesus' jewish roots if the Jews accepted Jesus.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Jesus rather believed the Law and, mind you, down to the letter; even the dot of the letter at least as long as heaven and earth are in the sky. (Mat. 5:17-19) And he went out teaching his disciples also to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Why should I settle down to a grain of faith and miss being what Jesus said we are, the salt of the earth? (Mat. 5:13) It means, we ought to keep that grain of salt rather than of faith.
He said listen to Moses and the prophets, Obviously meaning to listen to those who listen to God, those who put faith in God over the letter of the law. Because it was those who sat in Moses seat, and had the law, that killed the prophets.