• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Where do you see the world in 2025? What will be going on in world politics, economics, etc.??

A

angellous_evangellous

I want a flying Delorian and a hover-board

and

Religious Forums 25.0

Master Vigil

I definitely second the hoverboard!! But judging from the other cars from the 2nd back to the future, I wouldn't want the delorean. I'd want a nicer flying car. :D I suspect there will be hotels in space that orbit the earth. And I doubt the world's hunger, poverty, pollution, and disease problems will be any different.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Master Vigil said:
I definitely second the hoverboard!! But judging from the other cars from the 2nd back to the future, I wouldn't want the delorean. I'd want a nicer flying car. :D I suspect there will be hotels in space that orbit the earth. And I doubt the world's hunger, poverty, pollution, and disease problems will be any different.
don't be so sure...people thought that in the 1950's...just watch any MST3K and see some of the stuff they show...

Master Vigil

I read an article on a guy who is funding the production of one right now. They already are getting into space tourism. SpaceShipOne has already made a private manned suborbital spaceflight. I am not sure if it will progress much in 20 years, but I don't see why not.

Master Vigil

They are also doing underwater hotels as well. There is one actually scheduled to open either next year, or 2007 in Dubai. That should be interesting. :D

Master Vigil

The one thing that hinders hotels in space is the fact that the prices won't go down until the demand goes up. And the demand won't go up until the price goes down.

ayani

Master Vigil said:
They are also doing underwater hotels as well. There is one actually scheduled to open either next year, or 2007 in Dubai.
warning: do not tap on glass

in 20 years things will probably go as they do now. the rich will have access to all the silly techno gizmos, and millions will continue to go without plumbing, nutritious food, education, medicine, and adequate clothing.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I'll be 76 - if I make it. I'd like to hope that things will have improved - that all you cynics (or maybe pessimist realists) will be wrong.

However, knowing what I have learned of the human race as a whole - that is where it belongs - in a hole.

I'd like to believe that all the good folk who do all the whining in their isolated homes would gather together to make governaments sit up and take notice, but I thought foolishly that I could do something about that back in the sixties.

There's a story of a guy who moved into a new house somewhere here in England. He loved his house - lovely landscaped gardens, beautiful lawns, shrubs, trees.

One day he got up and saw a buttercup right in the middle of the lawn; he hurried over and dug it up - roos and all. He was happy. Later that week, there were two more - and so on and so forth.
He tried weedkiller, putting down new tur, everything; nothing worked. He got advice from a garden centre but nothing worked; in desperation, he wrote to the governament centre that deals with parks and the wilds.

Eagerly, he rushed to open his reply when it came.
"Dear sir,
We received your reply, and, after due consideration, have solved your problem.
Why don't you learn how to love buttercups...........

maybe I'd better learn to love buttercups.:eek:

cardero

Citizen Mod
A review from Sylvia Browne's Prophecy: What The Future Holds For You
Many of Browne's predictions include good news, such as the end of common cold by about 2009 or 2010. In approximately 2025 all but a few of the world's religions will join "forces and funds" for the good of humanity, creating numerous global interfaith "Healing Centers"--offering round the clock medical care, food, shelter and counseling. However, around 2020, there also seems to be a serious reckoning with global pollution that coincides with a collapse of many long-term institutions, including the end of the "one-man" presidency, the end of the stock market, and the ending of marriage as a viable institution. Around this time, she also sees domed cities emerging in the U.S. in order to protect citizens from pollution—-an assertion that's been met with much skepticism. Reading between the lines, Browne sees a collapse in our economic, corporate, and religious structures in order to contend with the rampant pollution and human greed that are destroying the natural world. Maybe you don't need to be a gifted psychic to foresee this development, but Browne certainly offers a fascinatingly detailed account of how it will unfold over the next 50 years. --Gail Hudson

Posters Note: I should note that most of her interesting prophecies happen in 2025 around the time when Mrs. Browne should have conveniently passed away but it is an insightful read nonetheless. I would also like to offer my apologies to Master Vigil for this post.

jimbob

The Celt
In 2025, WE"RE ALL SCREWED!!!!!!! at the rate our society is going now, we had better make some changes, otherwise the future isn't going to be very good at all.