• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 election fraud comes out of the shadows

Do you know what the Electoral College is?

• yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Ohio, Florida, and sometimes Pennsylvania are about all that matter as things stand. And then you have states like Indiana, or even California, where your vote consistently doesn't matter if you vote for the "other color" the state lights up as before people even start reporting numbers.
Well maybe the people who are upset about their reality should try harder? I don't know about you but if I felt the odds were unfairly stacked against me I would be supremely p****d and take measures to do better in the future instead of playing the victim card.

I think everytime the electoral college wins one side PoTus they are in full support of it, until the EC wins the other side PoTus and then it's evil all the sudden.

I find the phenomenon quite funny.

If Clinton had won in similar circumstances 90% of people would be arguing the exact opposite of what they are now.

Trump fans would be howling in apoplectic rage at the rotten anti-democratic system, and Dems would be praising it to the rafters for preserving democracy by preventing a 'fascist' from coming to power.

It's a great example of the capriciousness of human cognition.

Unless someone was vocal in their condemnation/praise before the election, their reaction after the election carries little credibility.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well maybe the people who are upset about their reality should try harder? I don't know about you but if I felt the odds were unfairly stacked against me I would be supremely p****d and take measures to do better in the future instead of playing the victim card.
Victim? It's a fact that many states are very safe bets for a certain candidate, meaning lots of people's votes for president consistently do not count towards anything. The only way to have their votes count is to eliminate the EC.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
thanks to the Electoral College... the states that matter are continually changing thus making all states important.
Not really. And your point was without the EC then only a few states would decide the election. But that is exactly what we have right now, a system where the vote of a few states is all that matters.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's like sitting down to play a game where everyone knows the rules but if one side loses they complain about the rules, pretty whiny and childish IMO. If those who are upset about how the rules are written, maybe instead of acting like petulant children demanding the rules change to their benefit they could up their game a bit to actually earn the win- you don't get participation medals in the real world.
I never knew that young Hillary was in that movie!
Who knew she had such a set of pipes, eh.

james dixon

Premium Member
I was selected as an elector one year. It was a great privilege.

Now for the sake of our great country, tell us or me what was the criteria they used to select you
[1] Was it a questionnaire?
[2] Was it a random pick out of a jar?
[3] Was it based on the amount you contributed to your Party?
[4] _______________________

just asking

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Now for the sake of our great country, tell us or me what was the criteria they used to select you
[1] Was it a questionnaire?
[2] Was it a random pick out of a jar?
[3] Was it based on the amount you contributed to your Party?
[4] _______________________

just asking
It was just a letter in the mailbox I got one day. It stated you've been selected as an elector. Requirements are to fill out the questionnaire and mail it back in. It's a bit like a registration process.

Mind you this was back in the 80s when I received it and I don't remember if it was for a federal election.

I'm starting to think it was just a registration for getting selected as an elector. After I filled it out, I did not receive any response afterwards.

It did still feel like an honor to receive a letter selecting you for something like that.

Last edited:

james dixon

Premium Member
It was just a letter in the mailbox I got one day. It stated you've been selected as an elector..,.,.,.

Thank you for your reply. Before I go I ask only one more question. Did it ask you what political party you supported?

just currious

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
It's time it went; we have evolved

Oh but that would never do for evangelicals! That's how they stack the election for themselves. They know the EC lets the rural areas cancel out the votes of the culture centers. Totally ridiculous...

This is what subverting democracy looks like.