• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 Peter 1:13-15

Frank Goad

In 2 Peter 1:13-15.What does peter mean he will put off his body?I think it means his spirit will leave his body.What do you guys think?

LightofTruth

Don't you think you need to be specific and clarify what you mean when you use the word "spirit".

Are you referring to breath or a ghost?

My guess is you think Peter has a ghost of himself that leaves his body.:)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In 2 Peter 1:13-15.What does peter mean he will put off his body?I think it means his spirit will leave his body.What do you guys think?
Same as your post of 2 Corinthians 5 - to be absent of the body is to be present with the Lord.

MNoBody

you live in a body like a house, a, "tabernacle", if you will, and you enter one keep it for a time and then put it aside.
another way to put it would be you are the tree imagining you are the leaf, for a season, when the leaf falls, you will remember, you were the tree all the time.
just alienated, in your mind.
perspective is the master key in this game

Bree

he is speaking of his death.... putting off his tabernacle means dying in the flesh.