• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 Corinthians 5:8-10 And Acts 7:54-59.

Frank Goad

2 Corinthians 5:8-10.In verse 8 it says we are absent from our bodies when dead.Also in verse 9 it says either at home with him(absent from the body)) or absent from him(still alive in the body on earth) we make it our aim to please him.Also in verse 10 we must appear before the judgment seat of christ.Like in Acts 7:54-59.
Do you agree this is talking about a soul leaving the body?Or not?

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
2 Corinthians 5:8-10.In verse 8 it says we are absent from our bodies when dead.Also in verse 9 it says either at home with him(absent from the body)) or absent from him(still alive in the body on earth) we make it our aim to please him.Also in verse 10 we must appear before the judgment seat of christ.Like in Acts 7:54-59.
yes, when you die your soul and your spirit leave the body.

lostwanderingsoul

The word that is translated a "soul" can also mean animal or creature or beast. So the "soul" and body are the same. But humans do have a spirit that leaves the body at death.Animals do not have this spirit and that is how they differ from humans.

Frank Goad

The word that is translated a "soul" can also mean animal or creature or beast. So the "soul" and body are the same. But humans do have a spirit that leaves the body at death.Animals do not have this spirit and that is how they differ from humans.

Can you give me some bible verses to help me see your point more better?And can you compare them back to back with my bible verses?

LightofTruth

The body that Paul desires to be absent from is what he calls "the body of this death" and the "mortal body".
And the body he will inhabit when Christ returns to raise the dead is an immortal body.

The time from being in the one body to the other is called "sleep". Like when Paul says "we shall not all sleep.." 1 Cor 15:50-55

Clear

Premium Member

Hi @Frank Goad

I think the writer of 2 Corinthians is speaking of the spirit which, in early Christian theology, leaves the body upon death and later, enters into a body at resurrection. The early literature describes the spirit being "clothed" in a body and, at death, it is "unclothed" of a body and then again puts on different "clothing" when it receives the resurrected body.

Clear