• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 Corinthians 4:4, satan is the g- d of this world, jesus is what again?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
2 Corinthians 4:4

Satan is the g-d of this world.

•was yeshua in the power of satan?
• is there more than one jesus being discussed, in the bible?

How many teachings are by the possessed character, as opposed, to the normal character?

• considering that 'jesus', is also a pagan deity, is there a mix, in the "bible"?
Why are there contradictions being, some verses, and inferences, by jesus, & seeming contradictions in the text itself?

John 5:27-37

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

How many teachings are by the possessed character, as opposed, to the normal character?

• considering that 'jesus', is also a pagan deity, is there a mix, in the "bible"?
Why are there contradictions being, some verses, and inferences, by jesus, & seeming contradictions in the text itself?

John 5:27

So, can the g-d of this world perform miracles to impersonate Jesus, or God?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So, can the g-d of this world perform miracles to impersonate Jesus, or God?
With enough possession, to an extent. Presuming you are of the opinion that this yeshua is a 'man', I don't know what your idea, is, here. Generally this is more like 'magic', though.

This also brings us to the idea of more than one yeshua, in other words, would the real yeshua, not even know his own religion, and make these statements, in
John 5:37?
Even a basic knowing of the religion refutes that.

Ellen Brown

With enough possession, to an extent. Presuming you are of the opinion that this yeshua is a 'man', I don't know what your idea, is, here. Generally this is more like 'magic', though.

This also brings us to the idea of more than one yeshua, in other words, would the real yeshua, not even know his own religion, and make these statements, in

I see that there is not the ability to have a private conversation with you. I won't relate my experience because I do not want to have a ruction with an unnamed group.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them

one and the same

can be understood as:

in whom the love for this world has blinded the minds of those which do not believe in everlasting life, lest the understanding of the glorious truth of christ, who you are the image of god(love), should shine within them

love and understanding come from within first.

with love comes light; which arises from the mystery of love. that light, if believed and understood, then is projected/reflected back

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

If a=b then c=d?

Kenny

Premium Member
Not really. Because, the verse makes a distinction between the 'g-d' of this world, and jesus. So...not the same
But to state that Jesus was in Satan’s power or are there two Jesus being spoken about because of a=b?

Doesn’t compute

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan is the g-d of this world.

We can see by the current world news that Satan is the god of this world of badness.
None of us, including Jesus, are forced to listen to Satan's spiritually-dead world - Ephesians 2:2
I find John 5:26 lets us know who gives Jesus the authority mentioned at John 5:27.
God ( Jesus' Father ) gave or granted Jesus to have immortality ( meaning 'life in Jesus himself' from his God )
Thus, God gave Jesus as judge as per John 5:22, and the resurrection's power - Revelation 1:18

Kenny

Premium Member

Yes, he would say that and any basic knowledge of scripture would confirm that.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Yes, he would say that and any basic knowledge of scripture would confirm that.
Your answer is necessarily vague, if you read John 1:18

Comparing what Jesus says here, in the other verses, that they will find Him in Scripture, sure, ok, however that is going to mean something different, compared to John 1:18

In other words, the type of entity, John 1:18 , presented in some verses, or rather argued such from those verses, by much of xianity, isn't what they would find, reading the texts.

///this is the difference between certain verses being directly wrong, or, they actually can't be interpreted, in a certain manner.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Your answer is necessarily vague, if you read John 1:18

Comparing what Jesus says here, in the other verses, that they will find Him in Scripture, sure, ok, however that is going to mean something different, compared to John 1:18

In other words, the type of entity, John 1:18 , presented in some verses, or rather argued such from those verses, by much of xianity, isn't what they would find, reading the texts.

///this is the difference between certain verses being directly wrong, or, they actually can't be interpreted, in a certain manner.
I think your statements are vague. Doesn't explain how, what, what etc.

Ellen Brown

No.

Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.
Matt. 28:18

It is not given for me to know why Jesus the Christ did not end satan when he was here the first time. It is owing to me to be obedient to God.

It is not given for me to know why Jesus the Christ did not end satan when he was here the first time. It is owing to me to be obedient to God.

I believe the reason is, this lesson about good and evil must continue till all required people have come. For this lesson about good and evil, it is allowed evil to exist.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

But to state that Jesus was in Satan’s power or are there two Jesus being spoken about because of a=b?

Doesn’t compute

Note the [?
Symbol used for questions. In other words, in the premise,
2 Corinthians 4:4 [a verse, then concepts that might be connected to that.

Last edited:

RESOLUTION

I think we have to decipher the issue of the word g_d.

King James Bible
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Christ also said:-

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Father of lies.. The world is not just a physical place it is also a spiritual place and human beings belong to God. Though they have freedom to choose what they do and whom their spiritual Father is. Jesus is the Son of God. He does as his Father does. Those claiming Abraham to be their Father were corrected.:- 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Clearly referring to Satan as the god of this age was not making him equal to the true God. The age being defined as the actions of men in the world and the way they lived. God still remains the only true God in that he alone is the truth and he created this world. He is the creator and the true God and Satan is only the god of that present age where evil abides. But the true God is the only creator and the one who saves according the bible.

Like the first man Jesus was born by the will and power of God according the John an the other gospels.

Jesus was without sin and born without sin he was never and never could be in the power of Satan he overcome his temptation in the wilderness. Unlike Adam he never succumbed to the workings of the devil. Even Satan could do nothing to harm Christ because Jesus was the Son of the most high God and everything had to bow to his power according to what is written.

As the bible only mentions one Jesus as Messiah I see no reason for the question? Why did you ask?

There is nothing to suggest that the above exists. Can you give and example using the teachings please.

There isn't any contradiction in these teachings by verse or reference. The Jews knew that Jesus would bring them the final truth hence the reason the Pharisee and Sadducee held different beliefs. Belief differences like believing in Angels or resurrection of the dead. John 4 deals with some of this in that the woman at the well says to Christ. 25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. It has long been the belief that the Messiah would tell the truth about all things necessary. Jesus is not a pagan deity and to be honest I see no reason for you suggestive thought pattern being represented as if a truth. I belief it is paramount to any study of the bible to get answers to the issues you have before discussing them as if they represented what is in the bible when it isn't. I am relating to the actual facts as presented in the books of the bible and none have really been related to as the truth in a lot of your post.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

I think we have to decipher the issue of the word g_d.

King James Bible
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Christ also said:-

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Father of lies.. The world is not just a physical place it is also a spiritual place and human beings belong to God. Though they have freedom to choose what they do and whom their spiritual Father is. Jesus is the Son of God. He does as his Father does. Those claiming Abraham to be their Father were corrected.:- 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Clearly referring to Satan as the god of this age was not making him equal to the true God. The age being defined as the actions of men in the world and the way they lived. God still remains the only true God in that he alone is the truth and he created this world. He is the creator and the true God and Satan is only the god of that present age where evil abides. But the true God is the only creator and the one who saves according the bible.

Like the first man Jesus was born by the will and power of God according the John an the other gospels.

Jesus was without sin and born without sin he was never and never could be in the power of Satan he overcome his temptation in the wilderness. Unlike Adam he never succumbed to the workings of the devil. Even Satan could do nothing to harm Christ because Jesus was the Son of the most high God and everything had to bow to his power according to what is written.

As the bible only mentions one Jesus as Messiah I see no reason for the question? Why did you ask?

There is nothing to suggest that the above exists. Can you give and example using the teachings please.

There isn't any contradiction in these teachings by verse or reference. The Jews knew that Jesus would bring them the final truth hence the reason the Pharisee and Sadducee held different beliefs. Belief differences like believing in Angels or resurrection of the dead. John 4 deals with some of this in that the woman at the well says to Christ. 25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. It has long been the belief that the Messiah would tell the truth about all things necessary. Jesus is not a pagan deity and to be honest I see no reason for you suggestive thought pattern being represented as if a truth. I belief it is paramount to any study of the bible to get answers to the issues you have before discussing them as if they represented what is in the bible when it isn't. I am relating to the actual facts as presented in the books of the bible and none have really been related to as the truth in a lot of your post.
No actually, it's quite a good premise.
》 what is 'the g-d of this world', it's almost amazing that one can read that, and not immediately consider the implications, of that.
》is it the premise, or is it the beliefs of churches, etc, that relate, to the premise?
》are the verses 'wrong'? That i wrote? no, nothing seems wrong...are church beliefs correct , regarding the theology so forth, that is connected to those verses?