• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 bald men fighting over a comb

Onoma

This is what I think of when I read a majority of the arguments on the internet

That's a quote from Argentinian writer Jose Luis Borges, describing the Falklands War

As a bonus, here is my interpretive art depicting people reading internet arguments

I am the guy in the straw hat

lol.png

I am also high again, forgive me

exchemist

Veteran Member
This is what I think of when I read a majority of the arguments on the internet

That's a quote from Argentinian writer Jose Luis Borges, describing the Falklands War

As a bonus, here is my interpretive art depicting people reading internet arguments

I am the guy in the straw hat

View attachment 42445

I am also high again, forgive me
Looks like someone has eaten a dodgy curry.

PureX

Veteran Member
I try to keep in mind that although I have seen these same arguments posed many times, and achieve no resolution because those arguing the various points have little real understanding of what they're arguing about; the people involved are always changing. So that for them, this may be their first foray into such an ideological discussion/debate. And although the subject inspires no interest in me, anymore, it may be of great interest to them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My favorite photo of RF.
And this is a staff meting.
Imagine the carnage out in the forums among the rabble!
giphy.gif

Some of those staff are quite fetching though.
I won't name names.

Tambourine

It's easy to think of other people's arguments as petty and stupid, and to view one's own opinions as important and profound.
Such beliefs are mental comfort food, in a way - they're good if you want to lay back and not stress your brain very much, but a steady diet of them is probably not healthy in the long run.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It's easy to think of other people's arguments as petty and stupid, and to view one's own opinions as important and profound.
Such beliefs are mental comfort food, in a way - they're good if you want to lay back and not stress your brain very much, but a steady diet of them is probably not healthy in the long run.
Well, it is probably true that most arguments on the internet are fairly feeble. That's to be expected since all sorts of people post on the internet - and in fact it does seem to attract disproportionate numbers of cranks and nutters.

Anyone choosing to spend time on web discussion fora must expect to have to pick and choose, searching out the examples that are interesting or illuminating. And I agree with you that is important to expose oneself to views contrary to one's own from time to time.

But enough, I'm being far too serious for the games and jokes section.