• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 - 4 - 6 - 8, what do you appreciate?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Good list, can i ask why you put your faith before the physical pleasures if life. It's something i cannot get a handle on.

I see your dog looks after its toys very well. We had a border collie that destroyed her toys for fun.
Our dog loves to demolish toys as well.

As to physical pleasures place: those come and go sometimes very quickly if I overeat. On the other hand, the Divine is always there even though I only experience that rarely. I prefer the permanent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The best thing now is no longer wish I was dead/would have died during birth (it was pretty rough). And that things keep looking up for me. And my mood has improved enough that I wish I could have had kids, I don't see romance and love as things I will never have anymore, and pretty much everyone that knew "Indiana Me" can tell a major difference that and "California Me." Even just the change in weather is a tremendous relief for my knees and IBS.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Interesting, since I have no idea what you are talking about
I see you went sneaking back and corrected your error
and now you pretend ignorance

I can appreciate the sneakiness
and your denial of error

Thief is ninja!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am enjoying nature, no god needed
I do love that about living in California. I got to drive through a canyon and mountain side in Sequoia National Park last week, and it was breathtakingly beautiful. As are many parts here. I love nature, and here I pretty much have it all within close range. Literally, I could go skiing in the mountains in the morning, hiking through the woods in the afternoon, and swimming at the beach in the evening. So, I do consider that another very fortunate aspect of my life, something I appreciate greatly (and the giant Sequoia redwoods are only an hour or so away, and it my god they are an amazing sight to behold--so ancient and massive--every time you see them).

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
What do I appreciate?

Being born in the UK (could have been a lot worse) to a loving mother with few faults, if any, and after WWII had finished, so quite good timing.

Being healthy for most of my life so as to do all the physical activities that I wanted to do (thanks Mum, for the food, care, love, and the genes), and the courage to attempt many things that might put my life in danger but where the rewards follow accordingly. Things such as - caving, rock-climbing, mountaineering, cycling, and yachting, for example.

Having many good friends over the years and feeling love for a few females even if none developed into lasting relationships. :cry:

Having the ability to cope when the sh*t hits the fan and overcoming several obstacles in life that few will probably have experienced. :smilingimp:

Achieving lots of things that I never would have thought possible earlier on, such as owning a yacht when I started off as merely being enthused by Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons. And climbing the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc amongst many other mountains, having done a bit of rock-climbing previously with the scouts.

Being around when some of the best music was being performed (1960s/70s).

Having a mostly trouble-free childhood.

Being mentally in reasonable health when this was often not the case in earlier times. o_O

Having travelled quite widely so as to understand how so many others experience their lives.

Having had an interesting occupation for much of my life even if I didn't perform at my best for much of the time.

Losing very few friends to accidents or illnesses, or being involved in any tragic events, although have had a few near misses.

Having found the joy of reading from an early age, and, thanks to a few large bookshops, being able to read them for free (in my lunch-break) or doing so via our libraries. Now unfortunately I can buy many more, such that several are lying around waiting to be read. :oops:

Still being (relatively) alive. :rolleyes: