• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is it that Trump does that is so good? Most of what i am hearing is that he support sex with minors and that he have had sex with wiman who did not want to. And the last video of Trump forcing a Kiss on a staff member of the campain he held.

He take away helthcare for poor people. And be lock kids in border camps.

Not a very Nice man

Notanumber

A Free Man
What is it that Trump does that is so good?

We should be thankful that the POTUS brought fake news to our attention and we should be wary of all attempts to keep us in the dark.

Do you have any evidence that Donald is trying to curtail free speech?

Notanumber

A Free Man
He is certainly curtailing free speech - that was the challenge you set

They are free to report what they like.

What would they have done to the POTUS if he did not of the right of reply on Twitter?

The fake news would have destroyed him in the same way that they are trying to destroy Tommy Robinson.

Fortunately, the POTUS still has access to Twitter, unlike Tommy.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We should be thankful that the POTUS brought fake news to our attention and we should be wary of all attempts to keep us in the dark.

Just listen to him when he speak, and MŰller rapport. He have been fact checked and they found more then 10.000 lies

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Has he called for anyone to be removed from social media?
Yes he blocked people he did not like on twitter, but the court has said he can not do it. he must undo the blocks. He fire people he do not like or those who speak when subpoenaed, the become Trump`s enemies

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

He is the greatest exemplar of fake news.

He's also attacking journalists who point out how much lying he's really doing. His lack of respect for the truth is in and of itself an attack on speech.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Speaking of snowflakes, I like this:

Actor George Takei extended the metaphor to emphasize the power of snowflakes, saying: "The thing about 'snowflakes' is this: They are beautiful and unique, but in large numbers become an unstoppable avalanche that will bury you."[22] Others have returned the insult back at those with right-wing politics, arguing "oversensitive whiners can be found all over the political spectrum" including President Trump. Comedian Neal Brennan referred to Donald Trump as "the biggest snowflake in America",[22] while a January 2017 opinion piece from The Guardian refers to President Trump as "Snowflake-in-Chief"[23] and CNN commentator Van Jones called Trump "President Snowflake" based on his response to the FBI's Russia probe in May 2017.[24]

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Speaking of snowflakes, I like this:

Actor George Takei extended the metaphor to emphasize the power of snowflakes, saying: "The thing about 'snowflakes' is this: They are beautiful and unique, but in large numbers become an unstoppable avalanche that will bury you."[22] Others have returned the insult back at those with right-wing politics, arguing "oversensitive whiners can be found all over the political spectrum" including President Trump. Comedian Neal Brennan referred to Donald Trump as "the biggest snowflake in America",[22] while a January 2017 opinion piece from The Guardian refers to President Trump as "Snowflake-in-Chief"[23] and CNN commentator Van Jones called Trump "President Snowflake" based on his response to the FBI's Russia probe in May 2017.[24]
Poor triggered snowflakes
4c7cdc44cabdd1a765eeb97117bb0242.jpg

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone.

Look man, about ten years ago I'd think most of what I know in this regard is conspiracy nonsense.

Here's what we have:

1) Big social media companies acting at thought police and shaping the messages you can receive. You can probably still find contrarian views if you dig, but, scary stuff. They are not only working with each other, but also various governments and politicians. Right now these entities are aligned with the political left, but don't even think that matters to them -- they were on the political right in the past. They change whenever it's convenient.

2) Contrarian voices being silently and not-so silently being de-monetized because they don't fit acceptable narratives or present challenging discussions. This makes it impossible for these folks to make a living other than to beg for donations from viewers -- meanwhile their opponents are free to share in all the normal revenue streams.

3) De-platformed -- people like Alex Jones, Laura Loomer, Gavin, Milo, and many countless others are being brigade'd. They're not only losing their social media presences, but their payment processors, server hostings, ISPs, and so on. I find this absolutely scary as well, knowing that the corporate interests flip their allegiances on a dime. If the message of the left no longer suits them, those folks will be next. (Sure, I think some of these folks put out lame content, but again I think they have the right to if someone wants to watch it... We don't ban "pro" wrestling.)

In any case, this stuff is just hazardous to free speech, intellectual discourse, entertainment, and so on. Never in my imagination could I see us living in a world online that is less free than it was 30 years back. Left/right/center -- we have to work together to reject this crap before it cuts too deep and we lose far more than we've bargained for.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
They are free to report what they like.

What would they have done to the POTUS if he did not of the right of reply on Twitter?

The fake news would have destroyed him in the same way that they are trying to destroy Tommy Robinson.

Fortunately, the POTUS still has access to Twitter, unlike Tommy.

Although in the case of Yaxley Lennon its not fake news. When he breaks the law he is punished for breaking the law. What is fake about him being caught in the act of contempt of court?