• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1914... a significant year in bible prophecy

may

MidnightBlue said:
If you can't understand the prophecies till after they come to pass, what good are they?
we know from the bible that Jehovahs day is very near , we dont know the day or the hour but we can protect ourselves before it happens
"Seek Jehovah . . . Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger."—ZEPHANIAH 2:3.
(Isaiah 55:6) Search for Jehovah, YOU people, while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near. things in these last days are happening , but Jehovah always protects his own , that is why in revelation 18;4 he tells his people to get out of Babylon the great(the world empire of false religion) because it is going to be destroyed by God , so if we are not in it we will not receive her problems, the bible always forewarns his people of future events, even though we may not be quite sure how things will happen . but happen it will . then we can enjoy peace .

may

Terrywoodenpic said:
I can not get excited about numbers... or prophecy.
To me they pander to idle curosity.

Jesus had far more important messages to give us.
Attempting to follow his teachings is far more profitable to us and our souls
The kingdom was the main thing in Jesus teaching, along with as you say , his very good teachings.
"My kingdom is no part of this world," Jesus says. "If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source." Jesus thus acknowledges three times that he has a Kingdom, although it is not of an earthly source. this was when he was before Pilate,
the very purpose of Jesus’ existence on earth is to bear witness to "the truth," specifically the truth about his Kingdom.

may

PHOTOTAKER said:
how did they come up with 1914? i didn't read it in the scritors provided...
bible prophecy and bible chronology. and reading the signs that Jesus left us. yes there is no mistake about it , 1914 is a very significant date indeed. since that date we have been living in the last days of this system of things. but better things are on the way in. the critical times that we are in now are just as....... 2 timothy 3 1-5 tell us
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.................... verse 5 makes me think about these people who claim to be Godly but they are doing bad things like blowing up planes. talk about false. and they certainly do not have any natural affection when thry are willing to kill . yes it certainly is critical times hard to deal with.