• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

19 year old assaults 81 year old for Wearing MAGA Hat

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wouldn't call them my fellow leftists, but correct.
Really? This petite bourgeois ***** consistently places as the Left-most member here on political compasses.
You could have worded that better. However, once past the awful execution, my answer is clear: why?
Are you really asking why would someone go to college? Are you asking why they would seek a job that offers better pay and benefits? Are you asking why would someone fulfill their own drive to ensure needs, fulfillment, and survival?
False. However, that doesn't stop me from waving my fist in the air, falling to me knees, and asking the aforementioned question. Why?
Most people have more important things going on than to get caught up in a political dichotomy that is terribly inadequate anyways. For most people job and economic security are the issues. That's because without you can't eat or have a roof over your head.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I know, it's just emotional gratification that ultimately makes a victim and martyr out of the 'bad guy', leading to those like them to double down. It only serves to give ammo to the "other side". So no, behaving like a unruly punk does your political allegiances no favors.
Nor does denouncing your allies and saying you can't trust them because of the job they have.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Really? This petite bourgeois ***** consistently places as the Left-most member here on political compasses.

Congratulations. I wasn't really referring to you nor your ilk, but ok.
Are you really asking why would someone go to college? Are you asking why they would seek a job that offers better pay and benefits? Are you asking why would someone fulfill their own drive to ensure needs, fulfillment, and survival?

No. I was thinking more about the desire to relinquish the class consciousness in favor of a false consciousness as soon as the newest commodity reaches the market.
Most people have more important things going on than to get caught up in a political dichotomy that is terribly inadequate anyways. For most people job and economic security are the issues. That's because without you can't eat or have a roof over your head.
Being politically active and worrying about job and economic security are not mutually exclusive. You would think that they would be closely intertwined, but the majority of what would be considered the proletariat today has sunk too low to recognize their plight, as it is all they know. What happened to the ideals of old, when a person's politics were an integral part of their world?
Anyway, forgive me for the rant.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Congratulations. I wasn't really referring to you nor your ilk, but ok.
You was when you told Revoltingest you can't trust him to make a decision because of his petite bourgeoisie status that he admits to having. I've also spoke of my own status their here-and-there on the forum.
No. I was thinking more about the desire to relinquish the class consciousness in favor of a false consciousness as soon as the newest commodity reaches the market.
Even the Earth of the highly egalitarian Star Trek had degrees of hierarchy and class. It was a much better and socially healthier approach to than we have now, but it indeed was still there. And even in the real world we still need them to various degrees because nothing gets done if everyone goes about doing their own thing without any social order and structure. It was true for our earliest hunter/gatherer ancestors, it's still true for us today.
Being politically active and worrying about job and economic security are not mutually exclusive. You would think that they would be closely intertwined, but the majority of what would be considered the proletariat today has sunk too low to recognize their plight, as it is all they know. What happened to the ideals of old, when a person's politics were an integral part of their world?
For most people, "the issues," politically, are job security and the economy. They vote based on that, and vote for candidates they believe will better provide for these things. Most Americans agree with Democrats on "democrat issues," and they tend to grow tired of Republican "social issues," but the Democrats have been catering more to those who will vote for them anyways rather than those who work for a living. If the Dems can get a candidate for 2020 who will campaign around being pro-union and pro-worker, the Republican candidate won't have an easy time. The environment is nice, but when it comes to jobs they need to campaign more like Bill and less like Hillary (unless they can land another highly charismatic candidate like Obama)..

Last edited:

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I don't recall your posts being so much fun until recently.
It seems that now you're inviting spirited objection.
So I still suspect that you're having fun with us.
I am having fun with you, that's correct.
However, I am no Poe.
(Of course, that's what a Poe would say.)