• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

19 year old assaults 81 year old for Wearing MAGA Hat

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I never put political slogans on my hats.
But I do have a button supporting an engine museum on one hat.
(It's never caused a fight.)

slackercruster

Attachments

• Go Pro LR.jpg
    Go Pro LR.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 0

Altfish

Veteran Member
Disgusting!
Apparently some bars and restaurants have banned MAGA hats because some people can't help but irrationally and violently lash out against people minding their own business.

N.J. Teen Charged With Assaulting 81-Year-Old Man in 'MAGA' Hat | Time
I condemn unreservedly anyone who attacks someone in a MAGA hat; but can't they see wearing one is being provocative? If you turn up in Confederate regalia to a mainly black meeting you are doing similar.
Wearing a MAGA hat is making a political statement and they can be provocative because of the violence that has happened to reporters and the likes at Trump rallies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The ****er who decided to make them, that's who.
Or the ones who declare them to be hatred symbols.
And them treat them as such.
After all....which party was doing the hating in the OP's skirmish?

I've noticed that some lefties are quite prejudiced against old people.
And we're more vulnerable to their attack, given our creaky joints.
And they should get off'n our lawns!

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I condemn unreservedly anyone who attacks someone in a MAGA hat; but can't they see wearing one is being provocative?

Is your argument that it is partially the fault of the hat wearer that was assaulted because someone else couldn't control themselves? If this is the case, are women that are wearing certain clothing partially responsible for their rape?

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The ****er who decided to make them, that's who.

This Donald Trump Rally Looks Like A Scene From Nazi Germany | HuffPost
That is quite a spin where he is clearly joking and having a little fun if you watch the entire clip.

Beto O'Rourke: Trump's rhetoric 'is something that we might have expected to hear in Nazi Germany' - CNNPolitics

Nicolas Maduro says Trump sounds like a Nazi

So who is making it a hate symbol/Nazis?

Real Nazis:
Nazi Propaganda (1933-1945)
excellent resource for Nazi and East German propaganda

Altfish

Veteran Member
Is your argument is that it is partially the fault of the hat wearer he was assaulted because someone else couldn't control themselves? If this is the case, are women that are wearing certain clothing partially responsible for their rape?
No, but it is provocative and it only takes one hothead.

In the UK there are some big football (aka soccer) rivalries, if I walk into some pubs in Manchester, that I know are City supporting, wearing a United scarf, t-shirt or whatever. I don't expect to be assaulted BUT if I was assaulted no one would be surprised. And many would call me stupid for inflaming the situation.