• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

18 sec = Best advice ever

Choose which agree with you

• 1 = I "love" this clip advice

• 2 = I don't "love" this clip advice

• 3 = Jordon Peterson I like

• 4 = Jordon Peterson I don't like

• 5 = This clip advice I practise already

• 6 = This clip advice I will try out

• 7 = This clip advice is "stupid"

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I practice this already. It’s helpful to introspect your flaws, but something I find is that after discovering one flaw I always end up with other flaws to fix. Kinda like the hydra dragon.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm not much of a fan of Peterson, although my lover has been. Still, I learned long ago, on my own, that sometimes I have to look at myself and do a little criticism. I learned, for example, that as much as I love things like single-malt scotch and good Irish whiskey, they turn me into something that I don't want to be. As a result, I simply stopped touching them. Love my beer, which doesn't have anything like the same effect, but you cand put a hundred free shots of liquor in front of me and I will just ignore them.

Much earlier in my life, I had to learn that the brutality of my childhood wasn't going to be an excuse for me -- that to get on with life, I had to accept that it happened, reconcile myself to the notion that those who hurt and rejected me likely had no more control over their lives than many of us seem to -- and FORGIVE them. That -- forgiving -- freed me. But I had to see it for myself.