• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

179th Semiannual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Dieter F Uchtdorf's talk was awesome. And after going to the temple yesterday, made an extra impression on me as I began to realize all of the planning, time, and dedication our Father in Heaven put into providing us with everything we have.

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
Dieter Uchtdorf is awesome. :drool:
Inapprope! ;)

RE: Brigham City temple- yeah, where else are they going to build one in the SLC valley?

I was surprised to have *5* temples announced. More and more are being built. Amazing. I love it!

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Thomas S. Monson's talk he just gave was pretty cool. It always amazes me how he can remember so many details about every little thing.

DavyCrocket2003

WOW! Conference is just so amazing! We are so blessed to have this opportunity every six months. I loved priesthood session, especially Pres. Uchdorf and Eyering. Elder Hollands testimony of the Book of Mormon was incredible. I also really liked the talk by the seventy in Sunday afternoon that spoke about missionary work. You know, the one whose son served in the formerly Finnish city where his mission president's wife was from. There are so many things I learned that I am excited to try and put into action. Oh yeah, I learned a lot from Elder Christopherson. He helped me understand why we are having so many problems economic, social etc...

Watchmen

Premium Member
Why don't they stream priesthood session? I know it's considered a "closed" session, but a month later everything is available, word-for-word, in the conference issue of the Ensign.

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
Maybe so the brethrens of the Church will actually go? I've wondered the same thing myself.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I remember someone talking about the Priesthood session and asking the same question as to why it is not streamed like the rest of them.

And yes, it is out of reverence for the Priesthood. when i go to the priesthood session, I really feel like it is a "Royal Priesthood." Also, if or when i have a boy, I will feel so well pleased when we get to go as father and son.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Yeah - those other sessions are so tarnished because they're broadcast. I guess those who enjoyed Elder Holland's talk must have been at a stake center.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Yeah - those other sessions are so tarnished because they're broadcast. I guess those who enjoyed Elder Holland's talk must have been at a stake center.

So do you have something against teaching certain things only within the walls of the temple?

It's not any surprise to see it as casting your pearls before swine.

And the November ensign will not have all of the talks in their entirety. A couple years ago Gordon B gave a talk on anger/wrath and domestic abuse that was not printed in the conference report. He said nothing short of telling those who abuse spouse or offspring will go straight to hell.