• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

16 states to sue Trump and go against border wall

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Riders

The problem with Trump, IMO is he doesn't fully realize he is only 1/3 of the government. As far as I've read, most of his BoD were in name only. Trump is used to having the final say over his own companies where if an employee doesn't agree with you, you just fire them.

I agree.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The problem with Trump, IMO is he doesn't fully realize he is only 1/3 of the government. As far as I've read, most of his BoD were in name only. Trump is used to having the final say over his own companies where if an employee doesn't agree with you, you just fire them.
I think this is far more likely the case than Trump wanting to be a dictator. He's shown he's definitely not the sharpest or brightest crayon in our box of presidents, he's shown repeatedly he doesn't understand or comprehend things in the US government, and since day 1 (before, really) he's been acting like running the government is like running a company.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
16 states with a complete disregard for their own populations. Democrat controlled. No big surprise there.

Shaul

Premium Member
When President Obama was in office Liberals said Arizona and other states had no standing to sue him for his immigration policies because that was a Federal matter. Now Liberals say states certainly can sue President Trump over his immigration policies.

Shaul

Premium Member
How is opposing the wall disregarding the citizens? The Immigrants are a harmless lot, and an economic boon, legal or no.
I don’t think the Angel Moms would agree with you that illegal aliens are harmless.

Curious George

Veteran Member
When President Obama was in office Liberals said Arizona and other states had no standing to sue him for his immigration policies because that was a Federal matter. Now Liberals say states certainly can sue President Trump over his immigration policies.
Do you honestly not understand the distinction between the two?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Liberal/Conservative, Blue/Grey, Federalist/Anti-Federalists.....business as usual as far as both sides having a love/hate relation with state's rights and federal power.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
That's true, but let's be honest, if he wanted it he would have done it by now.
I really think that the only thing stopping him are the checks built into the system. If it were another country with a weaker system, a more homogeneous and complacent population etc. If the U.S. was more like Russia, I think you might have a dictator right now. The credit goes to the American people and the American legal/political system. Not to Trump. I have seen no signs he respects democracy.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Now Liberals say states certainly can sue President Trump over his immigration policies.
Apparently you're unfamiliar with the controversy with issue of issuing a national emergency when the reality shows that there's no such national emergency taking place at our southern border.