• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs"

Skwim

Veteran Member
"Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three years. Scientists have created more than 150 human-animal hybrid embryos in British laboratories.

The hybrids have been produced secretively over the past three years by researchers looking into possible cures for a wide range of diseases.

The revelation comes just a day after a committee of scientists warned of a nightmare ‘Planet of the Apes’ scenario in which work on human-animal creations goes too far.
article-2017818-026FE9AB000004B0-110_468x311.jpg

Undercover: Scientists have been growing human animal hybrids in secret
for the last three years (Posed by models)

Last night a campaigner against the excesses of medical research said he was disgusted that scientists were ‘dabbling in the grotesque’.

Figures seen by the Daily Mail show that 155 ‘admixed’ embryos, containing both human and animal genetic material, have been created since the introduction of the 2008 Human Fertilisation Embryology Act."

source

So, is this really "dabbling in the grotesque," and perhaps unethical?

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't know about "Planet of the Apes", but "The Island of Dr. Moreau" certainly did come to mind.

freethinker44

I think this is just another case of people confusing unnatural with unethical. Just because it doesn't occur in nature doesn't automatically make it wrong. They only way I can think of off-hand why this would be unethical, is if they are creating monsters that will live an absolute horror of a life in suffering like some kind of bad horror movie or something. I see nothing wrong with trying to fix nature's mistakes though.