• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

15 dollar an hour minimum wage hike....... oh oh..

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think you’re missing my point. They WRONGFULLY denied your FMLA, which means you could have brought a civil action against them for violation of the FMLA. Also sounds like you may have had a valid ADA claim. Did you ever inquire with the EEOC?
Didn't know I could bring file anything against them. Didn't know it have ADA protections - I just took them to be ******** to make someone with wrist problems needing surgery and wearing wrist braces to keep lifting heavy crap 10 or more hours a night.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I think you’re missing my point. They WRONGFULLY denied your FMLA, which means you could have brought a civil action against them for violation of the FMLA. Also sounds like you may have had a valid ADA claim. Did you ever inquire with the EEOC?
How would an unemployed person be expected to fight a lengthy civil lawsuit against a large and wealthy corporation?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How would an unemployed person be expected to fight a lengthy civil lawsuit against a large and wealthy corporation?
If she makes a complaint with the state,
& they find the claim cromulent, they might
take it up.
I've had to fight with the state because they
take up even bogus claims. BTW, I've always
won because justice was on my side.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This is a tactic that Trump repeatedly used in this business dealings, namely to not pay for work outsourced and then just run them out of money with court costs. He often did the same withy loans, which is the main reason why he eventually couldn't secure loans from western investors.

Watchmen

Premium Member
It happens every day. Every. Single. Day. It it didn’t, I’d be unemployed. Lol

Plaintiff side attorneys generally take employment cases in a contingency. 98% of cases settle at some point before trial. Some very quickly, others on the courthouse steps. It varies.

Watchmen

Premium Member
If she makes a complaint with the state,
& they find the claim cromulent, they might
take it up.
I've had to fight with the state because they
take up even bogus claims. BTW, I've always
won because justice was on my side.
This too.

Watchmen

Premium Member
This is a tactic that Trump repeatedly used in this business dealings, namely to not pay for work outsourced and then just run them out of money with court costs. He often did the same withy loans, which is the main reason why he eventually couldn't secure loans from western investors.
Your TDS is apparent. This discussion is completely unrelated to Trump and the situations are totally different.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity

Plaintiff side attorneys generally take employment cases in a contingency. 98% of cases settle at some point before trial. Some very quickly, others on the courthouse steps. It varies.
Why do you think a large number of employees are not filing lawsuits against their company, then, even when they feel they have been wronged, like Shadow Wolf?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Your TDS is apparent. This discussion is completely unrelated to Trump and the situations are totally different.
It was used as an example-- nothing more, nothing less.

You should know what I think about Trump as a president, but that does not extend to his entire person as I am not one to hate anybody. Therefore, for you to charge me with having "TDS" is strictly off the mark and a cheap shot.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Why do you think a large number of employees are not filing lawsuits against their company, then, even when they feel they have been wronged, like Shadow Wolf?
Large numbers of employees are filing suit. The employment law arena has never been busier.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Yeah, Indiana (on a social level and not necessarily work supervisors - though I did go through that as well) they basically tell you to shut up and quit complaining because someone else will do it without complaining and do it for less pay. In the case of a supervisor, it was basically "don't bother asking because you won't like the end results." This was after a survey was conducted with all employees in the warehouse and it was found overwhelmingly we felt very overworked and underpaid (only made 10 an hour), terribly and deeply unsatisfied and not happy there, and it was also revealed when we heard the results of that survey that warehouse also has a very high turnover rate. But don't ask for improvements, especially in pay. (And it did keep getting worse even without anything better)

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Large numbers of employees are filing suit. The employment law arena has never been busier.
Can't they just be fired for complaining? My impression has been that as an employer in many US states, you would be allowed to hire and fire employees for any and all reasons at any point, as long as you weren't found to be guilty of discrimination in court.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Can't they just be fired for complaining? My impression has been that as an employer in many US states, you would be allowed to hire and fire employees for any and all reasons at any point, as long as you weren't found to be guilty of discrimination in court.
At will means the employer can fire the employee for any reason that’s NOT unlawful. Fired for complaining is possible retaliation and may violate any numerous employment laws.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
At will means the employer can fire the employee for any reason that’s NOT unlawful. Fired for complaining is possible retaliation and may violate any numerous employment laws.
But the employees have to prove in court that they're being fired specifically for complaining, and not for any other equally plausible reason, correct?

Watchmen

Premium Member
But the employees have to prove in court that they're being fired specifically for complaining, and not for any other equally plausible reason, correct?
As I said earlier, 98% of these cases settle without a trial.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And, of course, knowing it happened and proving it happened are two different things.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As I said earlier, 98% of these cases settle without a trial.
Another issue is just being informed. Such as, I've only recently learned the one company wasn't just a crap place to work for, they did a many things they legally can't and I could have done something about how they were treating me.
And the devil in being informed is typically you need a flash of insight to look, or else its just how things are. Like being jerked around by employers (I actually have two examples where I know I could have brought up a suit, but when I quit it felt too good being free of it to have anything to do with it again).