• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

14 children shot to death in school!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Because nobody really cares if people are killed, not unless it affects them personally.
That is called selfishness.

I think people care.
Bills are consistently passed in the House under Democrat majorities. These bills die in the Senate since Republicans refuse to vote for them.

Oddly many voters think Republicans are better with the economy but history shows that Democrats are.

I'd think the democrats need better PR.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Most people who commit crimes are young males and it's always been that way. Too much testosterone and not enough maturity is a bad combination. But yeah, what the heck leads people to do this crap as opposed to less violent crimes?
It's why I would advocate raising the minimum age until 21 years of age. Since it's young males typically engaged in mass shootings. That would be the best and sensible place to focus specific legislation in order to put a damper on this sick trend we are seeing by young immature psychotic males.

I would also like to think some working alternatives givin our state of tech now. A smart weapon that only identifies its owner, and consequently cannot be borrowed by another person and used unlawfully.

I don't think this feature would be too much of a threat to constutional rights to keep and bear arms and would probably bring some peace of mind to an owner that their personal firearm wouldn't be used by another in a heinous crime.

I can see this going a long way in the future to curtail unauthorized use, but I'm not sure who's going to be on board with it.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
America needs a left that is less compulsory and mandate minded and more open to others opinions.
Well the left has been open to lax gun laws and all the citizens of America got was more mass murders. So perhaps conservatives need to be open to the fact their lax guns laws aren't making American children and citizens safer. It's time for Democrats to set policies on gun access, the Republican plan isn't working.

F1fan

Veteran Member
That's what the PR is for.
Well if conservatives didn't allow FOX news to attack public relations from Democrats and present disinformation instead you might have a point. Conservatives are a dogmatic tribe that doesn't care that gun violence and murders are a problem in the USA. To them guns are way too symbolic, and this fetish is too ingrained in their ego and identity.

I draw a parallel to the symbol of the cross in Christianity, which is an execution device, to guns, which is a killing device. These are killing symbols and the Christian right sees both as sacred. This is very disturbing. They also see life as eternal, but that life is sacred in the womb, but once born there is no value set outside of primal existence.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Well if conservatives didn't allow FOX news to attack public relations from Democrats and present disinformation instead you might have a point. Conservatives are a dogmatic tribe that doesn't care that gun violence and murders are a problem in the USA. To them guns are way too symbolic, and this fetish is too ingrained in their ego and identity.

I draw a parallel to the symbol of the cross in Christianity, which is an execution device, to guns, which is a killing device. These are killing symbols and the Christian right sees both as sacred. This is very disturbing. They also see life as eternal, but that life is sacred in the womb, but once born there is no value set outside of primal existence.

You got to be smarter than FOX news. :shrug:

You want to win conservatives over, you got to talk their language.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You got to be smarter than FOX news. :shrug:

You want to win conservatives over, you got to talk their language.
I just don't speak hate and intolerance. I worked hard to find peace with my inner demons in my 20's and don't want to go back to that unstable mind set.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I just don't speak hate and intolerance. I worked hard to find peace with my inner demons in my 20's and don't want to go back to that unstable mind set.

Same excuse folks on the right give for not being willing to work with those on the left.

So, nothing's going to change.