• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

14 centuries old recipe to stop pandemic of Corona-virus?

Limo

Sorry, I don't understand your question. If you're asking what type of advice we would expect from an all-knowing being, I would expect it to be specific, accurate, and to exceed already available knowledge. The Qur'an meets none of those criteria.
Available to whom ? And when this info is available?
Old Christians traditions see using water is not a right thing. Many monks used to avoid using water for years.
Christians in Europe were not taking bath at all, history records that some queens and Kings has taking bath one or two times all over their life.
These Islamic hygiene is defined in desert environment where water is rare 14 centuries ago.
Tell me about any other religion encourages their follower to this level?
Even statics shows that non Moslems are much behind Moslems Till date.

Limo

I'ld be more impressed if that "almighty creator" would just reveal the cure or vaccine for this desease, instead of this mere primitive half-arsed information that was already common knowledge in the iron age.
You're totally wrong.
This information and hygienic is not even practiced among the people who thinks they're more civilized than other.
Statics shows percentage of people washes their hands before eat and after using toilets even after modern discoveries.
I'll not go to iron era, just go back to.middle ages and read about your ancestors hygiene.
Or quicky read statics in the whole world about percentage of people washing their hands before eating and after using toilets.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Available to whom ? And when this info is available?

Available to people at the time.

Old Christians traditions see using water is not a right thing. Many monks used to avoid using water for years.
Christians in Europe were not taking bath at all, history records that some queens and Kings has taking bath one or two times all over their life.

A common myth. Medieval Christians did bathe.

These Islamic hygiene is defined in desert environment where water is rare 14 centuries ago.
Tell me about any other religion encourages their follower to this level?

Again, where did the Qur'an inform us about germ theory? Or give us a cure for cancer? Allah supposedly knows everything - you can't think of anything he missed in the pages of the Qur'an? Be creative.

Even statics shows that non Moslems are much behind Moslems Till date.

In any race, someone is always winning.

Do you think you're winning now?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You're totally wrong.

About what?

This information and hygienic is not even practiced among the people who thinks they're more civilized than other.

Knowing about it and practicing it, are two different things.
I know smoking is bad for me, for example, but I still smoke.

I'll not go to iron era, just go back to.middle ages and read about your ancestors hygiene.

In the middle ages, it was known that staying away from sick people prevents you from becoming sick as well. This is why quarantine and containment are about the oldest forms of fighting against epidemics known to man.

You act as if medieval people were still flinging fecies at eachother and didn't know anything about anything.

You're simply wrong. There's nothing "revolutionary" in your prefered scripture in that sense.

Or quicky read statics in the whole world about percentage of people washing their hands before eating and after using toilets.

Again, there's a difference between knowing about it and actually practicing it.

Take random guy that leaves a public restroom. Ask him if he washed his hands. If he says "no", ask him if he understands why it's important to wash hands. I'll bet you a million dollars that that person will know exactly why it is important to do so - eventhough he didn't do it.

Your entire premise is incorrect and short sighted.

Hellbound Serpiente

I want to thank all of you for explaining away these perceptual recipe and miracles my brethren try so hard to drill in our heads. I remember someone was preaching about there being advance scientific miracles in the Holy Qur'an and I, too, was shocked [as there are none, imho]. Just few days ago someone was telling me about this recipe for Coronavirus, and again, I was dumb-founded [as it is nothing new].

May God make me smart too

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I want to thank all of you for explaining away these perceptual recipe and miracles my brethren try so hard to drill in our heads. I remember someone was preaching about there being advance scientific miracles in the Holy Qur'an and I, too, was shocked [as there are none, imho]. Just few days ago someone was telling me about this recipe for Coronavirus, and again, I was dumb-founded [as it is nothing new].

May God make me smart too
Personally, I find it rather hypocritical for Muslims to present something from the Quran as though it is something never before then seen or heard of and then proclaim that because Mohammed, a man that was supposedly so stupid he had to be reminded to breath, could not have possibly known it thus it had to come from Allah.
Just to find out the "miracle knowledge" was common knowledge even before Mohammed was born.

If disrespecting your own prophet in order to make a mountain out of a mole hill works for you, by all means go with it.
Just do not expect others to be so easily fooled.

Limo

Available to people at the time.
Share your evidence if any for people even in 19th century not the iron age as you said

A common myth. Medieval Christians did bathe.
Look, there are 2 contradicting historical stories about bathing in middle East. I explain as it depends on what era and p which place
Again, where did the Qur'an inform us about germ theory? Or give us a cure for cancer? Allah supposedly knows everything - you can't think of anything he missed in the pages of the Qur'an? Be creative.

Quran have signs of science not a book for science.
Tell me about your book, what it has Regarding hygiene?
In any race, someone is always winning.

Do you think you're winning now?
The win/loose in materialized civilization is going back and forth between nations. From 6th century till mid 17th century Moslem lead the human race materialized civilization.
Nevertheless, the world will go upside down next 50 years.
Spiritual and moral civilization we won, win, and is winning.

Limo

The 14 centuries old recipe to stop pandemic of Corona-virus does not appear to be very successful in Iran.

Iran: The Mullahs' Coronavirus Lies
These practices doesn't forbed the desise. First it decreases ot, stopping normal level desieses but anxus one like Corona then it needs lockdown.
Even Iran is less affected.
If you compare Islamic countries beside other countries, you'll note the difference.
All islamic countries near the centers of Corona has low no of cases compared to their non Moslem neighbor.
For example Indonesia and malysia in far east.
Turkey, Bosnia, abd Albania in Europe.

Limo

About what?

Knowing about it and practicing it, are two different things.
I know smoking is bad for me, for example, but I still smoke.

In the middle ages, it was known that staying away from sick people prevents you from becoming sick as well. This is why quarantine and containment are about the oldest forms of fighting against epidemics known to man.

You act as if medieval people were still flinging fecies at eachother and didn't know anything about anything.

You're simply wrong. There's nothing "revolutionary" in your prefered scripture in that sense.

Again, there's a difference between knowing about it and actually practicing it.

Take random guy that leaves a public restroom. Ask him if he washed his hands. If he says "no", ask him if he understands why it's important to wash hands. I'll bet you a million dollars that that person will know exactly why it is important to do so - eventhough he didn't do it.

Your entire premise is incorrect and short sighted.
Yes knowing is different from practicing.
Although I disagree that people were knowing all I've listed specially in Europe.

The difference is this Islamic hygiene is a must for Moslem.

Limo

Personally, I find it rather hypocritical for Muslims to present something from the Quran as though it is something never before then seen or heard of and then proclaim that because Mohammed, a man that was supposedly so stupid he had to be reminded to breath, could not have possibly known it thus it had to come from Allah.
Just to find out the "miracle knowledge" was common knowledge even before Mohammed was born.

If disrespecting your own prophet in order to make a mountain out of a mole hill works for you, by all means go with it.
Just do not expect others to be so easily fooled.
Prophet Mohamed peace be up on him was not stupid but illiterate like 99.5 % of his people and like 85% of Cristian civilized Empire.
Quran is alive miracle that has signs to science, or at least never contradicts science.
When we see these signs, yes it's miracle as neither he nor Almasseh not Mosa should know these signs, it's from Allah.
Yes, previous Prophets did miracles, but these miracles only seen by eyewitness at the Prophet's era like Mosa stick and Almasseh from Virgin birth.
But prophet Mohamed s miracle is alive.

I didn't ask you to believe or agree, nobody is fooling you, rest in peace.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Share your evidence if any for people even in 19th century not the iron age as you said

Evidence of hand washing? Bathing? Containing sick people? Use Google, for Allah's sake.

Ritual washing in Judaism - Wikipedia

Lavabo - Wikipedia

Bathing - Wikipedia

Look, there are 2 contradicting historical stories about bathing in middle East. I explain as it depends on what era and p which place

Look, your knowledge of history is lacking. You made a claim about medieval Christians. Your claim was false.

“The very sight of her hands did almost turn my stomach”: a brief history of hand-washing

Did People in Medieval Times Really Not Bathe?

This took very little time to verify. Please educate yourself.

Quran have signs of science not a book for science.
Tell me about your book, what it has Regarding hygiene?

What book do you think is "mine?" I'm not a Christian.

The win/loose in materialized civilization is going back and forth between nations. From 6th century till mid 17th century Moslem lead the human race materialized civilization.

Medieval Islamic societies were certainly competitive with Christian ones, but I'd hardly say your team was the clear leader for 11 centuries. Again, please read some secular history.

Nevertheless, the world will go upside down next 50 years.
Spiritual and moral civilization we won, win, and is winning.

Moral civilization left the authoritarian theocracies of the Islamic Middle Ages in the dust long ago. We're happier with egalitarian secular democracy, thanks.

What in the world makes you think the world will go "upside down" in precisely 50 years? And what does that even mean?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
These practices doesn't forbed the desise. First it decreases ot, stopping normal level desieses but anxus one like Corona then it needs lockdown.
If you compare Islamic countries beside other countries, you'll note the difference.
All islamic countries near the centers of Corona has low no of cases compared to their non Moslem neighbor.

The low rate in Indonesia is because of the low rate of testing. Saw a news report from there of people dying in the streets from coronavirus but they will never be counted in the statistics because they were never tested. It could be the same for some of the other countries you listed.

Notanumber

A Free Man

Denying something does not make it go away.

'Virus at Iran's gates': How Tehran failed to halt the outbreak

ecco

Veteran Member
Why is it important to wash your hands after peeing? Your hand probably has more germs on it than your penis. It probably makes more sense to wash your hands before peeing so that you don't get a lot of germs on your penis.

Hand washing after peeing probably stems more from other people's yuck factor than actual hygiene.