• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

13 Blessings

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
So one of my favorite video games is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. In the Shivering Isles expansion you meet and work for a man named Lord Sheogorath. He is the Prince of Madness. In a book found in-game there is the 13 Blessings of Sheogorath. What do you guys think of them? I found them pretty interesting.

[FONT=&quot]For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting.

Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge.

Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm.

Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear.

Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs.

Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque.

Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm.

Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real.

Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul.

Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming.

Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies.

Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be.

Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger.

Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.
[/FONT]

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Hehe, [FONT=&quot]Sheogorath [/FONT] is my favorite Daedric Princes out of all of them(thought there are some close behind).
He brings an interesting flavor to the realm. Eve without the Shimmering Isles with them Daedric statute of him with the quest to mess with the khajiit is fun.
Also, I just think Bethesda softworks is really good at coming up with religions for there games(even in Fallout 3).

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Hehe, [FONT=&quot]Sheogorath [/FONT] is my favorite Daedric Princes out of all of them(thought there are some close behind).
He brings an interesting flavor to the realm. Eve without the Shimmering Isles with them Daedric statute of him with the quest to mess with the khajiit is fun.
Also, I just think Bethesda softworks is really good at coming up with religions for there games(even in Fallout 3).

I agree with all of the above.

Blessed are the X, for Y. Seems like that formula could apply to just about anything.

Blessed are the rocks, for there hardness shields them.

Or

Blessed is the ice cream, for it is coveted by many fat chicks.

Is there supposed to be something meaningful here? :confused:

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Blessed are the X, for Y. Seems like that formula could apply to just about anything.

Blessed are the rocks, for there hardness shields them.

Or

Blessed is the ice cream, for it is coveted by many fat chicks.

Is there supposed to be something meaningful here? :confused:

I would say there is. The point is that it is showing that even traits that are normally seen as negative have a positive side. It is also pointing out the Sheogorath helps people realize their follies and improve themselves. Also it is showing that no matter how screwed up someone is they are still loved in that imperfection. Many religions have gods that love then no matter what, and Sheogorath can also be seen as a symbol for the love one should have for themselves at all times.