• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11 Egyptian Gods

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
11 Egyptian Gods and Goddesses

1. Osiris
2. Isis
3. Horus
4. Seth
5. Ptah
6. Re
7. Hathor
8. Anubis
9. Thoth
10. Bastet
11. Amon

Who are your favorites? Do you worship any of these deities in particular? Do they have any preferred offerings?

I've only ever attempted to work with Anubis, and Bastet, but I've always been intrigued by Thoth (I've got a weakness for Wisdom/Magic Gods).

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Blue are ones I worship, red are ones I don't/haven't. I'll explain non-coloured after.

1. Osiris
2. Isis
3. Horus
4. Seth
5. Ptah
6. Re
7. Hathor
8. Anubis

9. Thoth
10. Bastet
11. Amon

I'd like to be able to 'channel' Ptah and Djehuty (Thoth), but right now they're not 'calling'. Bast, Hat-Hor and Sekhmet I tend to see as one aspect of the same since they're all Eyes of Ra/Daughters of Ra and it seems were often grouped together by ancient Egyptians. I have statues of all 3 (one is an unknown woman I treat as Hat-Hor). One myth has Hat-Hor becoming Sekhmet when doing violence, essentially, with Hat-Hor being the more sexualised, feminine side and Sekhmet being the fiery, vengeful side. It's useful channelling both of these sides for somewhat obvious reasons.

I've felt close to Horu for a long time. Since I was a child. I remember learning about Egyptian Gods at school and, already being familiar with them, on being told to make a papier-mâché animal head of one of four Gods, my teacher was surprised to learn I chose the bird one (I can't mind if it were Ra or Horu, but I think it was Horu; it's likely I wasn't old enough to make a real distinction between the two) rather than the lion. She knew I loved lions, but nope - I wanted my beloved falcon God!

Horu is the 'there' Aspect, the personable, 'I'll fly with you wither you go' kind to me. He's always been gentle and understanding, able to put up with things. In one image on papyrus he's leading a female figure by the wrist and she's slightly bowing. And that's how Horu has always been - a guide. He can also come off as a more youthful aspect.

Ra, as many seem to have noted, is somewhat stricter - very much in line with his Sun association. You don't want to have to feel the true heat, you only need a little! He's not one I really felt called by until I decided to call on him and say if he wants me to come to him I will. Thereafter I had two dreams of him, so I began working with him. He's like Horu's stricter father-figure.

Inpu is very quiet. He's an initiator figure and seems to prefer his place in the counselling role. Not quite a guide like Heru who will follow throughout life, but more there when you need him, like a good friend or therapist. He deals with judgement and things so it's good to seek his opinion. Despite being a wolf, he generally does not come off as very aggressive at all and is actually one of the 'softest' of Aspects.

Osir is new to me. His association with law, judgement etc. means he's close to Inpu, and these two seem to match like Ra and Heru match. Again, despite being associated with judgement, Osir is a sympathetic figure as far as I've worked with him, and comes off as an archetypal 'Good King'. He's not quite as 'there' as Horu and Ra, but would be good to go to for moral judgements.

Sekhmet, Hat-Hor and Bast are quite ferocious and I've been working with them over this period of disease and what some think of as oppression, as Sekhmet is associated with those. She gives one strength to fight, where most Kemetic Gods don't actually seem that big on warfare. The Daughters of Ra, being associated with the Sun, heat, fire etc., are of course the fighty kind, more-so than the other Aspects I've written about. They're more deeds than words, in my experience.

Amun is the 'out there' hidden, transcendent creator God to whom I rarely speak directly. He is mostly known through his Aspects, and therefore comes off as reserved, lettings things be.

I recall from a book, 'Inpu has been known to ask for steaks' :D He likes chocolate, too. Bread, milk etc. are generally good, as well as beer (the Daughters of Ra like beer a lot). Certain foods such as pork and fish are off-limits to some Aspects. Chocolate milk seemed to go down well when I offered it to the ones on my altar.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Since the Egyptian religion holds a special place in my heart, I thought I would come to visit this DIR.

My favorites:
Nebet-het aka Nephthys: Guide through the Duat, protector of women in childbirth and of the dead. (I associate her with the Evening Star, as well.) What's not to like about this useful and compassionate (yet fiery and protective) goddess?

Thoth, especially as A'an, god of equilibrium and stability. (He even offers the Eye of Ra the udjet eye of stability)

Anubis: (also as Hermanubis) Traveller and psychopomp between the Duat and this world

Shu: principle of separation/discernment. Separator of heaven (Nut) and earth (Geb,) or as I like to think about it--separator/discerner between the Subjective and the Objective. Since mistaking the subjective for the objective is called delusion, Shu is a great safeguard against delusion.

Maat: Dharma personified. :)

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
11 Egyptian Gods and Goddesses

1. Osiris
2. Isis
3. Horus
4. Seth
5. Ptah
6. Re
7. Hathor
8. Anubis
9. Thoth
10. Bastet
11. Amon

Who are your favorites? Do you worship any of these deities in particular? Do they have any preferred offerings?

I've only ever attempted to work with Anubis, and Bastet, but I've always been intrigued by Thoth (I've got a weakness for Wisdom/Magic Gods).

I don't worship them, but I like Bastet, Anubis and Re. No deep reason, I just like cats, dogs and the sun.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been feeling close to Inpu lately. He's very patient and forgiving with folks, and I've noticed is good when dealing with depression and downward spirals. Osir, too. As both are associated with the Duat, Inpu as guide through and Osir as Lord, they both seem to understand feelings of less than optimism. Not that I'm saying they are 'dark' or such, far from it - they're gently uplifting in their way. I like it.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
1. Osiris

"Osiris you do not gain power over Set, your son does not gain power over him. Horus the Younger you do not gain power over Set, your father does not gain power over him..Set does not perish for he is a Ka... Do not let Osiris come in his evil coming, do not open your arms for him, let him be gone at once. Let him be gone. Do not let Horus the Younger come in his evil coming, do not open your arms for him, let him go to the other gods..." - The Pyramid Texts

It is my firm opinion that Osiris was an outsider to the original pantheon, as best evidenced by the massive rewrites of mythology implemented to gain him importance, similar to Christianity later repurposing pagan traditions. He turned one of the greatest gods ever known to humanity into this disgusting, evil, hateful monster to such a point I am literally banned from r/Kemetic because my dedication to Set "means I am a fascist"...

2. Isis

She is fine, I am not really motherly and have no need to be.

3. Horus

Horus the Elder is an interesting being I have worked with from time to time. Horus the Younger is simply an extension of Osiris, a false deity.

4. Set

Set is my patron deity. I have written much more extensively about him elsewhere, here is a good start:
https://xeperamaset.wixsite.com/xeper/post/the-stellar-tradition
https://xeperamaset.wixsite.com/xeper/post/the-stellar-tradition-in-egypt

5. Ptah

Never worked with him.

6. Re

Worked with him now and then but nothing really going there. I separate him from Khepri so...

7. Hathor

See: Isis

8. Anubis

Haven't worked much if at all, though have started with Wepwawet.

9. Thoth

My secondary though sometimes primary, depends if I am writing and working on anything at the time. I was originally more dedicated to Thoth when I first was working with the pantheon but Set kind of superseded that.

10. Bastet
11. Amon

Don't work with.