• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1000 forced conversions a year in Pakistan

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Jump - nets are common in stair wells in many kinds of buildings.

You've a bit unrealistically one sided view of
business / factory in Asia.

You might like to read "factory girls", about rural
girls who go to the city and work factory jobs to
Change their fate.

Its way ore varied and complex than you may think!

Disclaimer, my family is involved with factories,
but I am not trying to whitewash.

There are problems and abuses.

But people work there because they are better off than if they had no job

To boycott, say, Nike just puts poor people out ofvwork.
None of that excuses the widespread abuses, suicide jump nets, amd even forced labor. Those things are involved in production of numerous and many electronic devices amd components.

Audie

Veteran Member
None of that excuses the widespread abuses, suicide jump nets, amd even forced labor. Those things are involved in production of numerous and many electronic devices amd components.
Hundred percent agreed.
Just saying its far from universal, exception not the rule.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Very interesting reply ^above ^, but I was focused just on one of the many challenges ( corrupted religion ).
Who knows, perhaps with a bad economy that could make the $$$ wealth $$$ the world's religions have amassed look like easy taking for the political.
Perhaps easy even through the banking system.

Money, as a weapon, can be very effective. Has to be in the right hands though.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Each year, 1,000 Pakistani girls forcibly converted to Islam

I wouldn't want to be a member of a minority in Pakistan.

Generally when people are bias or/and bigoted they tend to lose their senses. It seems you have too.

This article is written nicely, but has no substance. This is very bad journalism with out any proper sources and of course Kathy has cherry picked news to suit her agenda just like her previous work in Afghanistan. She is a known fallacious journalist who made up stories in the past and is a known onsided reporter. She got to know about Neha because of the report where this cleric Jaan Raheem was arrested for an underage marriage. Waali who was a Jurist was also Muslim, also Pakistani, but gave this guy an unbailable arrest warrant. She missed that part. Just like you who has missed so many things.

Pakistan has a lot of problems. But it seems like though you are quite level headed in other dealings, you are overblown by your hatred towards Islam, Islamic empires, and especially Pakistan. When someone has this much hatred it tends to make them lose all of their intellect.

There are countries that consider India a true tyrant due to 2000 years of constant invasions, rape, plunder, murder and colonialism. But when you speak of colonialism you will cite a few countries, and definitely you will cite Islamic invasions because it is a badly needed incision you must do or die, but you will ignore Indian colonialism. This is quote absurd, especially for educated people like you. Think of all your posts, and consider taking a count of Islam Hate vs the other hate(s) and analyse your own bias.

There are lots of problems that Pakistan has to over come. But your country that you do not wish to address does too. Let me tell you directly that both these countries are considered very dangerous places for female tourism. There were circulars distributed in a few countries against females touring India due to constant rape victimisations. If you go to some other countries you would see many stories that you would be surprised to hear. What ever you see or read in the news has a background to it. Every story has other elements you may not know about. When you are quick to be bias against one religion, that takes away the time and energy for better research.

I doubt you would like this post. I thought I will say this nevertheless throwing your reactions to expected. No choice.

Peace.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Generally when people are bias or/and bigoted they tend to lose their senses. It seems you have too.

This article is written nicely, but has no substance. This is very bad journalism with out any proper sources and of course Kathy has cherry picked news to suit her agenda just like her previous work in Afghanistan. She is a known fallacious journalist who made up stories in the past and is a known onsided reporter. She got to know about Neha because of the report where this cleric Jaan Raheem was arrested for an underage marriage. Waali who was a Jurist was also Muslim, also Pakistani, but gave this guy an unbailable arrest warrant. She missed that part. Just like you who has missed so many things.

Pakistan has a lot of problems. But it seems like though you are quite level headed in other dealings, you are overblown by your hatred towards Islam, Islamic empires, and especially Pakistan. When someone has this much hatred it tends to make them lose all of their intellect.

There are countries that consider India a true tyrant due to 2000 years of constant invasions, rape, plunder, murder and colonialism. But when you speak of colonialism you will cite a few countries, and definitely you will cite Islamic invasions because it is a badly needed incision you must do or die, but you will ignore Indian colonialism. This is quote absurd, especially for educated people like you. Think of all your posts, and consider taking a count of Islam Hate vs the other hate(s) and analyse your own bias.

There are lots of problems that Pakistan has to over come. But your country that you do not wish to address does too. Let me tell you directly that both these countries are considered very dangerous places for female tourism. There were circulars distributed in a few countries against females touring India due to constant rape victimisations. If you go to some other countries you would see many stories that you would be surprised to hear. What ever you see or read in the news has a background to it. Every story has other elements you may not know about. When you are quick to be bias against one religion, that takes away the time and energy for better research.

I doubt you would like this post. I thought I will say this nevertheless throwing your reactions to expected. No choice.

Peace.
Associated Press has a decent reputation, but sure.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Money, as a weapon, can be very effective. Has to be in the right hands though.
Good comment ^ above ^ because $$$$$ does need to be in the right hands.
To me, God can use the ' arm of the law ' with its outstretched hands, so to speak, to surprisingly turn on the corrupted religious world.

danieldemol

Premium Member
This is very bad journalism with out any proper sources
The sources are as follows;
1 Neha
2 USCIRF https://www.uscirf.gov/sites/default/files/Pakistan.pdf
3. the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan http://hrcp-web.org/hrcpweb/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ALARM_Final-report.pdf
4. Jibran Nasir Child protection activist
5. Mother of Sonia Kumari
6. Hindu activist unnamed for fear of repercussions
7. Mullah Kaifat Ullah, one of a half-dozen clerics who also performs marriages in the complex (above a wholesale rice market in downtown Karachi)
8. Arzoo’s mother, Rita Raja
9. Nasir, the activist
10. the pastor's family (of Neha) at a Christian church in Karachi

There are possibly others I've missed, but of course the names of activists and witnesses are withheld in a country where there can be repercussions of blasphemy for the things they have said.

As for most of the rest of your post it seems to be whataboutery.

Personally I applaud @Vinayaka for sharing this story, as it is needed to put pressure on those responsible for such crimes in Pakistan.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The sources are as follows;
1 Neha
2 USCIRF https://www.uscirf.gov/sites/default/files/Pakistan.pdf
3. the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan http://hrcp-web.org/hrcpweb/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ALARM_Final-report.pdf
4. Jibran Nasir Child protection activist
5. Mother of Sonia Kumari
6. Hindu activist unnamed for fear of repercussions
7. Mullah Kaifat Ullah, one of a half-dozen clerics who also performs marriages in the complex (above a wholesale rice market in downtown Karachi)
8. Arzoo’s mother, Rita Raja
9. Nasir, the activist
10. the pastor's family (of Neha) at a Christian church in Karachi

There are possibly others I've missed, but of course the names of activists and witnesses are withheld in a country where there can be repercussions of blasphemy for the things they have said.

As for most of the rest of your post it seems to be whataboutery.

Personally I applaud @Vinayaka for sharing this story, as it is needed to put pressure on those responsible for such crimes in Pakistan.

Maybe you got a little excited :). I understand your frustration mate, especially your haste to respond on behalf of a fellow who was addressed voluntarily though it is like butting into your neighbours dispute because he is of the same kind but the other is not. Sometimes it may not be relevant to you, yet of course the rest is "whataboutary" so how would you begin? lol.

Please provide sources for a 1000 cases. It might be interesting to read up. Never say never.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

As you most likely are aware, somebody (I know I could) could post about an atrocity every single day. I don't do that, because I wouldn't want the forum to decline into a bragging contest about which religious group is the most persecuted.

danieldemol

Premium Member
...of course the rest is "whataboutary" so how would you begin? lol.
Well the first step to solving any problem is identifiying the problem. This does not mean that we can't identify other problems of course, it was more the suggestion that the OP had lost their senses that I would have not made.

Please provide sources for a 1000 cases. It might be interesting to read up. Never say never.
I refer you to the key findings which state, "Several independent institutions estimated that 1,000 women are forcibly converted to Islam each year; many are kidnapped, forcibly married, and subjected to rape"1

Also, "In the third Universal Periodic Review of the human rights situation in Pakistan under the auspices of the United Nations Human Rights Council, rights organisations reported that on average at least 1,000 cases of abduction, forced conversion, and marriage of women and girls from religious minorities are reported from the country every year" 2

1 https://www.uscirf.gov/sites/default/files/Pakistan.pdf p1
2 http://hrcp-web.org/hrcpweb/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ALARM_Final-report.pdf p13

ajay0

The European Union has also reported on the worsening condition of minorities in Pakistan...

Report of European Parliament exposes worsening condition of minorities in Pakistan

It is not just the religious minorities that are persecuted but also minority muslim sects like the Shias, Ahmediyas and Sufis too who are subjected to atrocities .

The Ahmediyas are a peaceful, progressive sect of Islam that emphasizes scholarship and universality of all religions. The Sufis are noted for their emphasis on music and dance as ways to connect with the Divine.

Persecution of Ahmadis - Wikipedia

Pakistani Shias live in terror as sectarian violence increases

Sufism in Pakistan - Wikipedia

Other islamic sects have also been at the receiving end of religious persecution.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well the first step to solving any problem is identifiying the problem. This does not mean that we can't identify other problems of course, it was more the suggestion that the OP had lost their senses that I would have not made.

I refer you to the key findings which state, "Several independent institutions estimated that 1,000 women are forcibly converted to Islam each year; many are kidnapped, forcibly married, and subjected to rape"1

Also, "In the third Universal Periodic Review of the human rights situation in Pakistan under the auspices of the United Nations Human Rights Council, rights organisations reported that on average at least 1,000 cases of abduction, forced conversion, and marriage of women and girls from religious minorities are reported from the country every year" 2

1 https://www.uscirf.gov/sites/default/files/Pakistan.pdf p1
2 http://hrcp-web.org/hrcpweb/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ALARM_Final-report.pdf p13

So whats your point?