• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 tips for not getting virus on the plane

frbnsn

Airports and planes are where the flu, flu or coronavirus-like microbes can be most intense.

This information has also been scientifically confirmed, showing that a plane flight can only increase the chances of catching a cold virus by up to 25 percent in one study. In short, there are some details that those traveling by plane need to know these days when the virus is already boiling. I tried to summarize some of those details below. Here are the top 10 of those measures ...

1- Try to sit by the window, not in the hallway.
2- Stay away from the seats near toilets.
3- Choose the front seats, not the back.
4- If someone is coughing, sneezing, sneezing, ask them to wear a mask.
5- Carefully clean the arms of the seat you are sitting on and the service tray in front of it with a disinfectant tissue.
6- Make the blower ventilation button on your seat work.
7- Know that wearing a hygienic “mask” will also provide you with important protection.
8- While traveling, take care not to touch your mouth, nose and clean.
9- Avoid mistakes (alcohol, insomnia) that can reduce your immunity on long trips.
10- Strengthen your immunity before travel: Chewable probiotic tablets / pellorgonium, black elderberry and echinacea extracts, propolis sprays and drops, N acetyl cysteine tablets, vitamin D drops ...

exchemist

Veteran Member
Airports and planes are where the flu, flu or coronavirus-like microbes can be most intense.

This information has also been scientifically confirmed, showing that a plane flight can only increase the chances of catching a cold virus by up to 25 percent in one study. In short, there are some details that those traveling by plane need to know these days when the virus is already boiling. I tried to summarize some of those details below. Here are the top 10 of those measures ...

1- Try to sit by the window, not in the hallway.
2- Stay away from the seats near toilets.
3- Choose the front seats, not the back.
4- If someone is coughing, sneezing, sneezing, ask them to wear a mask.
5- Carefully clean the arms of the seat you are sitting on and the service tray in front of it with a disinfectant tissue.
7- Know that wearing a hygienic “mask” will also provide you with important protection.
8- While traveling, take care not to touch your mouth, nose and clean.
9- Avoid mistakes (alcohol, insomnia) that can reduce your immunity on long trips.
10- Strengthen your immunity before travel: Chewable probiotic tablets / pellorgonium, black elderberry and echinacea extracts, propolis sprays and drops, N acetyl cysteine tablets, vitamin D drops ...
Tip 11 - Now explain to the air stewardess that you are not really neurotic and that you really are OK to fly this morning and that yes you do promise not to bother any more of the other passengers.....:D

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How not to get virus on the plane? I was thinking something like slathering it with hand sanitizer.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Don't fly
Yes.

Seriously, if you do have to fly, the main issues are getting dehydrated, which dries out mucous membranes and lowers resistance - and getting short of sleep on long-haul. Drink plenty of water - which may mean you DO want an aisle seat, of course.;)

(This reminds me of how glad I am to have retired and how pleased I am not to have to fly around any more.)

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Tip 11 - Now explain to the air stewardess that you are not really neurotic and that you really are OK to fly this morning and that yes you do promise not to bother any more of the other passengers.....:D
Tip 12 - Try to avoid licking fellow passengers. In situations where this cannot be avoided, try to restrict all licking to elbows, shoulders, knees or hair.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Isn't the air recirculated, such that when doing so one is therefore inhaling a mix of everyone onboard? Trust their filters?

exchemist

Veteran Member

Isn't the air recirculated, such that when doing so one is therefore inhaling a mix of everyone onboard? Trust their filters?
I make a point of turning it OFF, to avoid the draught. But it may be fresh air, from a bleed off an engine compressor, I think - perhaps someone can confirm.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I take Cold-FX and zinc lozenges the day of and at least one day after the flight.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Audie

Veteran Member
A Chinese lady got onto a plane by using medication
to suppress symptoms. then bragged about it on social media.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Don't fly

Your perfectly accurate advice as posted in the thread '10 tips for not getting virus on the plane'.

7 weeks later your advice is proved to be exactly right.
There just are no more flights around here , for various reasons, but certainly your advice fitted the thread title.

Usually the dawn sky over North Kent is streaked with scores of vapour trails. We have clear skies now.

:)

exchemist

Veteran Member
Your perfectly accurate advice as posted in the thread '10 tips for not getting virus on the plane'.

7 weeks later your advice is proved to be exactly right.
There just are no more flights around here , for various reasons, but certainly your advice fitted the thread title.

Usually the dawn sky over North Kent is streaked with scores of vapour trails. We have clear skies now.

:)
Indeed. We're a little off to the side of the main approach to LHR and expect a plane every 90secs, unless the wind is in the East. Now, we see one every half hour or so.

A lot of airlines will go bust. I can't help thinking all this may change habits and perhaps we will not, after all, get this infernal 3rd runway!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Indeed. We're a little off to the side of the main approach to LHR and expect a plane every 90secs, unless the wind is in the East. Now, we see one every half hour or so.

A lot of airlines will go bust. I can't help thinking all this may change habits and perhaps we will not, after all, get this infernal 3rd runway!
The third runway is surely dead and buried.
Greta will be delighted, but maybe we all should be.
Boris wanted a Thames Estuary airport, and we might just get such a place if it is incorporated in to a huge barrier wall, with tidal generators and a road from Kent to Essex.