• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 outcomes on war with Iran

work in progress

That's exactly what they said about the Iraqis before we invaded and killed 250,000 of their civilians and made another 4 million homeless. They'll just love us in Iran, given our record.
To me, this is the most depressing aspect of this drumbeat to War. It's not like we haven't seen this before. And the same people who were wrong about the need for an Invasion of Iraq are part of the team arguing in favour of a war against Iran; and whenever they appear on the sunday new shows or cable news, their previous records are never mentioned by the interviewers. While at the same time, the opponents of the Iraq War are never on TV and are still discredited, even though they were the ones who were right!

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
That's exactly what they said about the Iraqis before we invaded and killed 250,000 of their civilians and made another 4 million homeless. They'll just love us in Iran, given our record.

I didn't say that they would welcome a U.S. occupation of their country, or even a war such as we saw in Iraq. There are better ways to go about it.

However, as opposed to the idea that some have suggested, the Iranians don't hate the United States in general. They may be suspicious, but a lot them also seem to have a don't care attitude. Which happens when your own government is like that in Iran.

I personally think the best thing we could do is simply provide them the means to rebel, and put into place a leader that isn't religious based.

Another side note, I think the Iranians may be developing a nuclear weapon (or the capability) simply to prevent war. Bush and his Axis of Evil caused a lot of problems. But what we did see was an invasion of Iraq, which had no WMD. The other member, North Korea, didn't face such, but instead got sanctions and the like. So it could seem to the Iranian government to be a better choice to get a nuclear weapon, and thus ward off a possible invasion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
To me, this is the most depressing aspect of this drumbeat to War. It's not like we haven't seen this before. And the same people who were wrong about the need for an Invasion of Iraq are part of the team arguing in favour of a war against Iran; and whenever they appear on the sunday new shows or cable news, their previous records are never mentioned by the interviewers. While at the same time, the opponents of the Iraq War are never on TV and are still discredited, even though they were the ones who were right!

Excellent!

fulp

Well...at least now I know why my Unit just got a bunch of new equipment.

I think the phonecall went something like this:

"Yo dawg, we herd you like games! So we put some toys on your toys, so they can play while they're being played."

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
In 1981 Israel destroyed a nuclear reactor under construction 17 kilometers southeast of Baghdad, Iraq. In 2007 Israel destroyed Syria's Al Kibar nuclear reactor. Israel could plan something similar in 2012 for Iran.

F0uad

You have to ask yourself WHY SHOULD AMERICA go into a other war...
Israel itself said America doesn't need to, and Israel also said it can take care of Iran... So???

When you want war you have to ask these keys questions

1. Are you willing to suffer more finical loses

2. Are you willing to kill more innocent people

3. Are you willing to send Americans to there death for no or BS reason?

4. Is America in a threat?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You have to ask yourself WHY SHOULD AMERICA go into a other war...
Israel itself said America doesn't need to, and Israel also said it can take care of Iran... So???
Tis easy for them to boast.
We all know that if Israel got her tit in the wringer, America would spend unlimited money & lives to pull it out.

Last edited:

F0uad

Tis easy for them to boast.
We all know that if Israel got her tit in the wringer, America would spend unlimited money & lives to pull it out.

Not at all Israel has over 267Nuclear bombs, the most advanced TROOPS in the world after the US. And is it America's Problem???

If they themselves say ''dont'' help us or we ''don't'' need your help why should we even thinking about starting a war we cant pay..

Ps: It would be a violention of International Law or is the US above International law?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not at all Israel has over 267Nuclear bombs, the most advanced TROOPS in the world after the US. And is it America's Problem???
If they themselves say ''dont'' help us or we ''don't'' need your help why should we even thinking about starting a war we cant pay..
They might start a war we cannot pay for.
Initially, nukes will remain sheathed. But if a desperate situation arises, out they come.

Ps: It would be a violention of International Law or is the US above International law?
The law is a flexible thing.
Powerful countries do as they please, & figger out a rationale for it later.

F0uad

They might start a war we cannot pay for.
Initially, nukes will remain sheathed. But if a desperate situation arises, out they come.

The law is a flexible thing.
Powerful countries do as they please, & figger out a rationale for it later.

Hmm you mean Powerful country named the US or at-least being a ally of it?

I hope you agree a war with Iran is Immoral, not possible finical, and a sacrifice to lives without a good reason?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmm you mean Powerful country named the US or at-least being a ally of it?
I hope you agree a war with Iran is Immoral, not possible finical, and a sacrifice to lives without a good reason?
I unequivocally oppose preemptive war with Iran.
It would be dangerous, deadly & financially crippling.
The US & Israel are the biggest problem for the US & Israel.

garrydons

I think it is well within Israel's moral right to stop Iran's nuclear bomb because Iran has declared that it will use it to nuke Israel. Israel has to ensure that it is a surgical operation where only the nuclear sites are targeted and they are able to strike all sites simultaneously.

I definitely agree with you. Thanks

1robin

Christian/Baptist
If the wars since 1948 are any judge of what will happen then the ten things that might happen are:
1. Israel wins
2. Israel wins
3. Israel wins
4. Israel wins
5. Israel wins
6. Israel wins
7. Israel wins
8. Israel wins
9. Israel wins
10. Israel wins

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's no question that Israel will win. The real issue is at what cost, especially to us non-Israelis.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I didn't say that they would welcome a U.S. occupation of their country, or even a war such as we saw in Iraq. There are better ways to go about it.
However, as opposed to the idea that some have suggested, the Iranians don't hate the United States in general. They may be suspicious, but a lot them also seem to have a don't care attitude. Which happens when your own government is like that in Iran.
I personally think the best thing we could do is simply provide them the means to rebel, and put into place a leader that isn't religious based.

Another side note, I think the Iranians may be developing a nuclear weapon (or the capability) simply to prevent war. Bush and his Axis of Evil caused a lot of problems. But what we did see was an invasion of Iraq, which had no WMD. The other member, North Korea, didn't face such, but instead got sanctions and the like. So it could seem to the Iranian government to be a better choice to get a nuclear weapon, and thus ward off a possible invasion.
I'd add that Iran faced war with Iraq (aided by the US) & threats by Saudi Arabia.
They have good reason to want nuclear capability as a threat to prevent war.
I'll tell yah....our worst enemy is prior policy by our own government.

Us is not above international law, but international law is not above US law or any other sovereign country with a constitution.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
There's no question that Israel will win. The real issue is at what cost, especially to us non-Israelis.

A cost far less debilitating to Israel than to sit there until Iran builds and launches it's missles at them. The last part of your point would not be suffecient reason for Israel not to strike from their point of view nor should it be.