• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 killed in Buffalo, NY store shooting!

Should high-capacity magazines of civilian firearms be banned?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Maybe/Don't Know.

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't care if people buy pretty guns that don't do too much. That ban was stupid.

What worries me are very high speed rounds and high capacity magazines. Put some strong controls on them and mass shootings will drop.

Though that is only a very small part of our gun problem.
There are really only two parts to your "gun problem."

The first is thinking that ordinary people need them.

The second is thinking that once they have them, they'll do ordinary people any good. Generally, they won't.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I recommend not holding your breath. Too many Americans feel like their totally naked if they don't have a firearm somewhere on their body.
Me too if it is just one.

upload_2022-5-14_18-20-53.png

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You do know that someone ran a van through a parade, right?
And people have shot up public events.

For motor vehicles, I think it's reasonable to have:

- federal safety standards
- mandatory licensing
- mandatory registration
- mandatory insurance
- car-free zones
- cops literally hiding in bushes watching people use their cars, ready to issue tickets if they see any misuse

Do you support all that for guns? If not, sit back down.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Again conservatives offer no solutions, only complaints about doing something about excessive access to guns.

They seem to accept mass murder as normal.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Little known fact that a fair share of Buffalos guns come from NYC via organized crime connections involved in the drug trade.
Too many guns. Where did they come from?

When i was a dealer back in the 90's one of the guns I sold a friend ended up being used in a robbery. How? He bought the gun legally from me. He needed money so sold it to a friend, legally, there's no law against you selling your guns to anyone. His friend sold it to someone else, and eventually was sold to a criminal who couldn't buy a legal gun. The dude robbed a store and got caught. The gun was traced back to me as the seller. Then the cops interviewed the chain of custody, if they could find the people.

That is how it happens. All legal. An ordinary person can sell a gun to a criminal if they don't know they are a criminal. No background, no nothing. Easy guns. And no laws against private owners having to sell through dealers, unless you ship a gun from an online sale.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It looks as if they were dealing in drugs, mainly pot but hard drugs too. The gun charges appear to be for their own personal use.

Do you seriously think that the local pusher also sells handguns on the side? A lot of crooks know that gun laws are much stricter, especially if one is already on a felon, than mere dealing in drugs. And dealing in firearms is a massive massive charge that your street level thug will avoid at all costs.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Little known fact that a fair share of Buffalos guns come from NYC via organized crime connections involved in the drug trade.
What does that have to do with this shooting?

The shooter drove (with his guns) from Conklin, NY to Buffalo to do the shooting. Those guns are from nowhere near Buffalo.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's pathetic how America went from "we do these things because they are hard" to throwing in the towel and proclaiming nothing but more guns can solve the gun problem. All the while the rest of the world that took care of their gun problems, well, they took care of them amd this "but criminals don't care" just hasn't played out.