• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 commandments displayed

Skwim

Veteran Member
Disappointing that Arkansas isn't bright enough to follow Oklahoma's lead. Disappointing that the statue wasn't erected---not that it wouldn't be destroyed before midnight.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting video. I don't really understand how the Christian position on this (in terms of what is shown in the video) doesn't simply make the argument for the Satanists.

Still, personally I wonder in the imagery used is the most effective means of combatting this. If pluralism is their goal, a multi-pronged attempt (putting up various different Faith's icons at different locations at once) seems by far the more effective option.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I'm glad they were smart enough to copyright it.

Disappointing that the statue wasn't erected---not that it wouldn't be destroyed before midnight.

Like the ten commandments statue that was destroyed by a driver within 24 hrs?
Tolerance is a funny thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Normally I would say that having none at all is the best option, but look at that statue!:eek:
How could you not want one?!?!
I'd be happy to display that statue in my yard.
Depending upon its size, it could sit near the pond.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
The Satanic Temple's version of Baphomet is very patriarchal--no breasts. I'm thinking they designed it this way on purpose--knowing it would be rejected. I was puzzled as to why it also had the children there. Perhaps the symbolism from the Devil Trump card of the Tarot might give some insight?
RWS_Tarot_15_Devil.jpg

Electra

The Satanic Temple's version of Baphomet is very patriarchal--no breasts. I'm thinking they designed it this way on purpose--knowing it would be rejected. I was puzzled as to why it also had the children there. Perhaps the symbolism from the Devil Trump card of the Tarot might give some insight?
RWS_Tarot_15_Devil.jpg

The female nipple, more terrifying then Baphomet themself. Hahaha

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Just another example of Satanism's lack of creativity and willing to steal a picture from a Christian Hermeticist (Eliphas Levi) based on a little known Hammer-Purgstall book and throw out all of it's meaning for a "oh, look at that freaky beast thing, this is us now" and "Everybody gather around, this is supposed to offend you, look at us, please don't ignore us, please, we need your attention" :facepalm:
A little creativity would be nice for a change, maybe create unique characters and symbols, lol.

If the Temple Of Satan where instead "The National Academy Of Hermetic Occultism", I'd probably chirp in and give them some cash :joycat:

IMO, Satanism has been a complete failure so far in it's attempts to be a mock-religion. Even if a few fundimentalist Christians show up and protest.