• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 out of 5 Atheists in the U.S believe in a "higher power"

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
But in these forums the Atheism confirmed that the only requirement for being Atheist is ignorance and now being rational is also not a requirement. Right?

Regards

Not at all. It seems like you are using "Crimestop" to not comprehend what atheists are actually saying.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But in these forums the Atheism confirmed that the only requirement for being Atheist is ignorance and now being rational is also not a requirement. Right?

Regards
Atheists tend to be more knowledgeable about religion than believers are. It's understandable to me. Too many believers don't feel the need to learn about their faith. Many atheists want to know what they don't believe in.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I agree with one.
This is because in the West usually they mean from G-d, the Pauline-Christian Jesus-God, while in the rest of the word Jesus is not G-d at all. The Western Atheism mainly deny this Pauline-Christian Jesus-God while the still believe that there is some Higher Power behind the working of the Universe. Eastern Atheism is therefore different from the Western Atheism. Right?

Regards

To comment on that I need to do research bro. I am only quoting a PEW research on this topic.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Atheists tend to be more knowledgeable about religion than believers are. It's understandable to me. Too many believers don't feel the need to learn about their faith. Many atheists want to know what they don't believe in.

Not all religions sun rise. Only Christianity. But I agree with you, keeping in mind their knowledge is on Christianity.

firedragon

Veteran Member
That differentiation is very thought provoking. It brings to mind something that I have long suspected. I am very much an atheist in terms of travelling where the evidence leads me rather than an atheist who says that there is definitely no God. The latter I see as hypocrites as they follow faulty reasoning to come to their conclusions. So then it shouldn't surprise me that people with this line of thinking would contradict themselves and the identity that they hold. But it is definitely something to ponder over and a question that I should interrogate myself with.

I can only hope that my questions will impact society in some way, like the person might research what we are speaking about.

Absolute respect.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Not all religions sun rise. Only Christianity. But I agree with you, keeping in mind their knowledge is on Christianity.
Good point. It's certainly true in the West.

I do wonder about atheists in Muslim-majority countries but don't and can't know given the expected fate of those that openly declare atheism in such countries.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Poor Atheism people!!! Right?
But they are defendants of their "faith/religion", these forums testify. Better get organized, but how to organize a chaos?!!! Right?

Regards
No, not poor atheists.
We have better things to do than meet up.
We go for walks, meet friends and family, go golfing, fishing, cycling. Indulge in hobbies, ... photography, bird watching,, gardening, DIY, etc

Why waste time meeting up.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No, not poor atheists.
We go for walks, meet friends and family, go golfing, fishing, cycling. Indulge in hobbies, ... photography, bird watching,, gardening, DIY, etc

There is no we in atheism. Stop doing that!!! There are atheists, who believe in a world view, that makes atheism a positive part of a systematic world view, but that is not required if you are an atheist. That is there inter-subjective belief system.

So here is your problem and how your argument is wrong:
  • We is not a positive qualifier, because atheists are only a category in a negative sense. We don't believe in gods and deities.
  • Better can't be done for a we, because there is no objective morality and thus no better in universal sense for a we.
So stop claiming your own subjective opinions as universal for a we.

Altfish

Veteran Member
There is no we in atheism. Stop doing that!!! There are atheists, who believe in a world view, that makes atheism a positive part of a systematic world view, but that is not required if you are an atheist. That is there inter-subjective belief system.

So here is your problem and how your argument is wrong:
  • We is not a positive qualifier, because atheists are only a category in a negative sense. We don't believe in gods and deities.
  • Better can't be done for a we, because there is no objective morality and thus no better in universal sense for a we.
So stop claiming your own subjective opinions as universal for a we.
So when I talk about my family, most of my friends and work colleagues as a group which pronoun do you suggest I use?

btw Atheism is a positive world view.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
So when I talk about my family, most of my friends and work colleagues as a group which pronoun do you suggest I use?

btw Atheism is a positive world view.

Then explain that in your sub-culture, which is not we the atheists, but a local group of humans in limited time, space and culture that do this.

"Atheism is a positive world view." You know the drill. That is a statement about a fact as a part of the world. Thus reason, logic and evidence please or it is not a fact, but your subjective opinion/belief.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Regards

1) atheism doesn't need to be capitalised.
2) no atheist here confirmed that the only requirement for atheism is 'ignorance'. Rather, a lack of belief.
3) rationalism is not a requirement

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Poor Atheism people!!! Right?
But they are defendants of their "faith/religion", these forums testify. Better get organized, but how to organize a chaos?!!! Right?

Regards

What a pile of tripe. In no sense is atheism equivalent to chaos.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Why don't the Atheism people excommunicate them from the Atheism (Faith/Religion), please?

Regards

*Blinks*

This has to be willful at this point.
If you don't want to understand atheism, that's your right...just stop polluting a thread where the OP has asked an interesting question.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Then explain that in your sub-culture, which is not we the atheists, but a local group of humans in limited time, space and culture that do this.

"Atheism is a positive world view." You know the drill. That is a statement about a fact as a part of the world. Thus reason, logic and evidence please or it is not a fact, but your subjective opinion/belief.
So the use of "we" was ok. It's good to know.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No, not poor atheists.

Does one mean that only Atheism go on walks, meet friends and family, play golf, do fishing, cycling etc., please?

Regards

firedragon

Veteran Member
Good point. It's certainly true in the West.

I do wonder about atheists in Muslim-majority countries but don't and can't know given the expected fate of those that openly declare atheism in such countries.

I can only give anecdotal information. They are not valid.

firedragon

Veteran Member
No, but we can do those things any day, anytime ... we have no church to attend

So what do you think people do when they go to church? Shut up and just be blind to everything but God?

The amount of fellowship at church is immense mate.

Dont make statements like that. Its not fair. Because you are trying to make you and your clan a superior race type of thing and belittling others. It only portrays ones attitude, but not anything else.