• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 on 1 Thread - 1Robin and Monotheist101

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'm down for one on one, or one versus world. Either way, bring it :D.

For the most part, God is a fraud. This is because a lot of people have narrowed it down to their way or the highway, without considering that maybe their way is the highway. :shrug:

In totality though, God exists, just not in a way that anyone person or organization can conceive of without drawing a sword or writing a letter with their own blood.

Does he care? Most likely not, I'd say God is more along the lines of universal nature, if you can grasp nature then you can grasp God. If you deny nature well then...I'd say you're denying God.

One exists because of the many, and the many exist because of one. When you look into a mirror what do you see? Do you look into yourself, or something else?

Monotheist 101

I'm down for one on one, or one versus world. Either way, bring it :D.

For the most part, God is a fraud. This is because a lot of people have narrowed it down to their way or the highway, without considering that maybe their way is the highway. :shrug:

In totality though, God exists, just not in a way that anyone person or organization can conceive of without drawing a sword or writing a letter with their own blood.

Does he care? Most likely not, I'd say God is more along the lines of universal nature, if you can grasp nature then you can grasp God. If you deny nature well then...I'd say you're denying God.

One exists because of the many, and the many exist because of one. When you look into a mirror what do you see? Do you look into yourself, or something else?

I know that God exists...he is not part of nature though or part of his creation...I also am very sure that...Satan..Iblees exists...he is a part of creation..not God.

Anyways this is a one on one as the title suggests...appreciate your two cents...you can start a thread if you want to discuss something in particular..

Cheers
God Bless :)

Monotheist 101

Monotheist I will let you open the discussion unless you prefer that I do.

Hey how have you been..

Lets start with the very beginning...whats your take on creation.. please qoute parts of the bible you think are relevant..

I like that there is no official topic..I love going off topic :)

Monotheist 101

I would also like to understand your stance on the Quran being a divinely revealed scripture..and your view on the character of Mohammad...I donot mind any allegations...I think I have answers for most,that I have found in the Quran.. I remember you said you viewed Mohammad as a person who has corrupted your religion..does that imply Mohammad is on Satans side? I would like to get a full understanding of why you choose to reject the Quran and Mohammad..

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread is currently in the Religious Debates forum. Would you guys like it to be moved to the One-on-One Debates forum instead?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Hey how have you been..
Lets start with the very beginning...whats your take on creation.. please qoute parts of the bible you think are relevant..
I like that there is no official topic..I love going off topic
Hope the dog is good to go.
Very well. Apparently I screwed up and put this in a debate section instead of the 1 on 1 section. It should be moved shortly, but this atheist person will be responded to because it was my mistake.
Biblical cosmology is not all that detailed but the one place it is detailed and accurate is in the very first verse of the Bible.
This simple verse is all that is needed and was perfectly accurate 4000 years ago and even 100 years ago when the omnipotent scientists were saying the universe was a steady state. In 1920 every single cosmologist in existence was wrong and the Bible as usual was right when it predicted that the universe is finite. Science has finally caught up with the Bible 400 years later (though it was a Catholic that began the Big Bang argument) in the very well-constructed Borde-Guth-Vilenkin singularity theorem which leaves no doubt the universe is finite and matter, space, and time came into existence at the same moment.

Creation is not my Biblical strong suit as it lies in the least understood section of the Bible. I do not know for instance whether Adam was the first man or the first man with a soul. Whether the six days are literal or symbolic. What is clear is that the universe was created, and later life was as well. The Bible knew that evolution was true thousands of years before science learned of it but evolution alone will not give us what we see in reality alone.

I do not think the Quran is the word of God but it's cosmology is not bad and I would not contend it there (though it is not perfect). I even use an Islamic Kalam Cosmological argument in defense of God.

Monotheist 101

No worries...Ive looked into the concept of Jewish/Christian and Islamic creationism.. I choose to believe the Islamic story because it doesnt leave room for any scientific errors.. I will post my findings in my next post..which I think is going to be a long one..

The Dog is perfect..hopping around..hiding my shoes so Ill be late for work..I will try and attach a picture in one of my posts :)

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I'm down for one on one, or one versus world. Either way, bring it .
This is a 1 on 1 thread but since I screwed up and stuck it in the wrong place you are welcome. This sounds like that old saying "What are you rebelling against", "What have you got". So I guess you will argue with anyone, this usually suggests an emotional drive position not an evidence driven one, well very well.
For the most part, God is a fraud. This is because a lot of people have narrowed it down to their way or the highway, without considering that maybe their way is the highway.
This is a claim to knowledge and so you have the burden of PROOF to show God is a fraud. Good luck, in 4000 years it has never been done. I and every other Christian found our doctrine preexisting and invented nothing.
Another claim to knowledge and therefor another burden of PROOF. You have really cut your work out for yourself. I use the most studied and read book in human history for revelation. What book did you get yours from?
Nature is finite and there for is not God.
I love philosophy but I am afraid this isn’t it. I do not know what this was, can you clarify? There are no two perfectly identical things in the entire universe.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I would also like to understand your stance on the Quran being a divinely revealed scripture..and your view on the character of Mohammad...I donot mind any allegations...I think I have answers for most,that I have found in the Quran.. I remember you said you viewed Mohammad as a person who has corrupted your religion..does that imply Mohammad is on Satans side? I would like to get a full understanding of why you choose to reject the Quran and Mohammad..
Now this is what I made this thread for but I will have to get back to the response soon, as I will be hung up for a bit. I will explain the answers to your questions in detail soon.

Monotheist 101

My personal opinion is that..the Universe was created in 6 epochs..not days.. All the souls that will ever live on earth were also created..we made a pact with God.. that we will not betray him.

Adam was the first human being...but not the first inhabitant of earth...I believe the Jinn were sent here before us.. Lucifer aka Iblees is a Jinn (made of fire) not a fallen angel..

I looked quite deeply into the concept of the Jinn, I have realized that any form of true Magick..cannot be done without their assistance.. feel free to ask me questions about them..I think I have gathered alot of info..based on personal experiences and reading all night for months :)..

My post with the errors I see in the Old testament version of creation is still on its way...

Monotheist 101

1. First of All...the main difference between the Islamic and Jewish/Christian view is that..Islam does not put a definite time-frame on creation..I think the current Jewish calender stands at approx 5800 years.. This has been proven by science to be flawed.. in contrast Islam says Adam was the first human being..Humans are referred to as Bani-Adam.. the children of Adam..It doesn't give exact dates or years...which in my view does not contradict the modern scientific view of the earth being hundreds of thousands of years old..

2. The Sun created after the Day..

According to Genesis chapter one:
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day

We know thanks to modern science that the light circulating in the universe is the result of reactions taking place in stars...these stars according to Genesis were created on the fourth day..
Genesis:
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

Where is the logic in that? The light is a result of the reaction in the stars..how can you get light before the cause of light? Night and Day are results of the earths rotation around the Sun..which according to Genesis was created on the 4th day..

3. Creation of Earth, Sun and Moon.

According to Genesis chapter one verse 9 to 19.. the earth was created on the third day and the Sun and moon on the 4th day.. Again according to modern discoveries we have learned that the moon and the Earth came into existence..as we know..from their original star..the Sun... Again this view of the Earth coming before the Sun contradicts my logic..

4. Vegetation created on the third day and Sun on the 4th day.

Again in Genesis chapter one verses 11 to 19, it is highlighted that that vegetation was created before the sun...this again contradicts my understanding that plants get their energy from the Sun..Photosynthesis?

5. Sun and Moon both emit light..

Genesis chapter one verse 16:
16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

This is not true..as proven ages ago..the moon merely reflects the Suns light..

Quran:
Sura 71:15-16, states:

See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another,
and made the moon a light (noor) in their midst,
and made the sun as a lamp (siraaj)?
Noor is a borrowed light where as Siraaj makes its own light..

Anyways the bibles view on creation holds too many contradictions for it to be considered a true representation of Gods word IMO..God cannot and will not contradict himself..Islam has a similar story of Creation and Adam but leaves out the exact dates...and the jumbled up process of creation..instead it says the universe was created in 6 "Ayaams" which can be translated to 6 days or 6 long periods/epochs..

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

I would like to contrast a few Biblical and Quranic accounts.. hopefully you will understand my logic in choosing the latter..

Noah and the Flood

In the Biblical account in Genesis chapter 6 to 8.. it is indicated that the disaster was on a universal scale..the flood destroyed every living thing on earth except for those aboard Noahs Ark.. When put against the young creationist timeline the event took place 1656 years after the creation of Adam..when Noah was 600 years old..292 years before the birth of Abraham.. So roughly the flood can be traced back to 21st/22nd century BC.. This contradicts modern archaeological evidence that the eleventh Egyptian dynasty and the third Babylonian dynasty were in existence without any known breaks in civilization or affected by a universal natural disaster..

The Biblical account states that the whole earth was submerged in water... On the other hand the Quranic story does not regard the flood as a universal event..which destroyed all life on earth..rather an event only involving the people of Noah.. the Quran also does not specifically date it to approx 22 century BC...thus not contradicting scientific or archaelogical evidence..

Monotheist 101

Moses and Exodus

The Quranic and Biblical accounts are quite identical..the Quran further states..

[FONT=&quot]"This day shall We save thee in thy body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! But verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!"
[Al-Qur’an 10:92]

Dr Maurice Bucaille proved that although Ramses II was regarded as[/FONT] to having persecuted the Israelites as per the Bible, he actually died while Moses was in Median. Rameses II’s son Merneptah who succeeded him as Pharaoh, drowned during the exodus.
In 1898, the mummified body of Merneptah was found in the valley of Kings in Egypt.. Merneptahs Mummy is still on display in the Cairo Museum...

Dr Maurice was so intrigued by the above quoted verse that he took it upon himself to look into the Quran..he wrote a book titled ‘The Bible, the Qur’an and Science’ he also confessed that the author of the Quran can be no one else besides God Himself. He later embraced Islam

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Lots to think about and no time as usual. I will review this and respond on Monday if not sooner. Have a good weekend down under.

Monotheist 101

Hey mate..from our earlier talks I had deduced that you have not read the Quran yourself..rather commentaries or views by Islamic apologists..

I would like to share a chapter called the "Family of Imran"...it is one of the instances that the story of Jesus and Mary are related in the Quran.. I would appreciate if you take time to read it and give me your thoughts on what you understand or think of it..cheers..its a long one so it may be spread out over a few posts..

Thanks

Monotheist 101

Āl-i-’Imrān, or The Family of ’Imrān.
In the name of God, Most Gracious,
Most Merciful
1. A. L. M.
2. God! There is no god But He,—the Living, The Self-Subsisting, Eternal.
3. It is He Who sent down To thee (step by step), In truth, the Book, Confirming what went before it; And He sent down the Law (Of Moses) and the Gospel (Of Jesus) before this, As a guide to mankind, And He sent down the Criterion (Of judgment between right and wrong).
4. Then those who reject Faith in the Signs of God Will suffer the severest Penalty, and God Is Exalted in Might, Lord of Retribution.
5. From God, verily Nothing is hidden On earth or in the heavens.
6. He it is Who shapes you In the wombs as He pleases. There is no god but He, The Exalted in Might,
The Wise.
7. He it is Who has sent down To thee the Book: In it are verses Basic or fundamental (Of established meaning); They are the foundation Of the Book: others Are allegorical. But those In whose hearts is perversity follow The part thereof that is allegorical, Seeking discord, and searching For its hidden meanings, But no one knows Its hidden meanings except God. And those who are firmly grounded
In knowledge say: "We believe In the Book; the whole of it Is from our Lord:" and none Will grasp the Message Except men of understanding.
8. "Our Lord!" (they say), "Let not our hearts deviate Now after Thou hast guided us, But grant us mercy From Thine own Presence; For Thou art the Grantor Of bounties without measure.
9. "Our Lord! Thou art He That will gather mankind Together against a Day about which There is no doubt; for God Never fails in His promise."
SECTION 2.
10. Whose who reject Faith,—Neither their possessions Nor their (numerous) progeny Will avail them aught Against God: they are themselves But fuel for the Fire.
11. (Their plight will be) No better than that Of the people of Pharaoh, And their predecessors: They denied our Signs, And God called them to account For their sins. For God is strict In punishment.
12. Say to those who reject Faith: "Soon will ye be vanquished And gathered together
To Hell,—an evil bed Indeed (to lie on)!
13. "There has already been For you a Sign In the two armies That met (in combat): One was fighting in the Cause Of God, the other Resisting God; these saw With their own eyes Twice their number.
But God doth support With His aid whom He pleaseth. In this is a warning For such as have eyes to see."
14. Fair in the eyes of men Is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; Heaped-up hoards Of gold and silver; horses Branded (for blood and excellence);
And (wealth of) cattle And well-tilled land. Such are the possessions Of this world's life; But in nearness to God Is the best of the goals (To return to).
15. Say: Shall I give you Glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are Gardens In nearness to their Lord, With rivers flowing beneath; Therein is their eternal home; With Companions pure (and holy); And the good pleasure of God. For in God's sight Are (all) His servants,—
16. (Namely), those who say: "Our Lord! we have indeed Believed: forgive us, then, Our sins, and save us From the agony of the Fire;"—
17. Those who show patience, Firmness and self control; Who are true (in word and deed); Who worship devoutly; Who spend (in the way of God); And who pray for forgiveness In the early hours of the morning.
18. There is no god but He That is the witness of God, His angels, and those endued With knowledge, standing firm On justice. There is no god but He, The Exalted in Power, The Wise.
19. The Religion before God Is Islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book Dissent therefrom except Through envy of each other, After knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of God, God is swift in calling to account.
20. So if they dispute with thee, Say: "I have submitted My whole self to God And so have those Who follow me." And say to the People of the Book And to those who are unlearned: "Do ye (also) submit yourselves?" If they do, they are in right guidance, But if they turn back, Thy duty is to convey the Message; And in God's sight Are (all) His servants.
SECTION 3.
21. As to those who deny The Signs of God, and in defiance Of right, slay the prophets, And slay those who teach Just dealing with mankind, Announce to them a grievous penalty.
22. They are those whose works Will bear no fruit In this world And in the Hereafter, Nor will they have Anyone to help.
23. Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those Who have been given a portion
Of the Book? They are Invited to the Book of God, To settle their dispute, But a party of them Turn back and decline (The arbitration).
24. This because they say: "The Fire shall not touch us But for a few numbered days": For their forgeries deceive them As to their own religion.
25. But how (will they fare) When We gather them together Against a Day about which There is no doubt, And each soul will be paid out Just what it has earned, Without (favour or) injustice?
26. Say: "O God! Lord of Power (and Rule), Thou givest Power To whom Thou pleasest, And Thou strippest off Power From whom Thou pleasest: Thou enduest with honou rWhom Thou pleasest, And Thou bringest low Whom Thou pleasest: In Thy hand is all Good." Verily, over all things Thou hast power.
27. "Thou causest the Night To gain on the Day, And Thou causest the Day To gain on the Night; Thou bringest the Living Out of the Dead, And Thou bringest the Dead Out of the Living; And Thou givest sustenance To whom Thou pleasest, Without measure."
28. let not the Believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than Believers: if any do that, In nothing will there be help From God: except by way Of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them, But God cautions you (To remember) Himself; For the final goal Is to God.
29. Say: "Whether ye hide What is in your hearts Or reveal it, God knows it all: He knows what is In the heavens, And what is on earth. And God has power Over all things.
30. "On the Day when every soul Will be confronted With all the good it has done, And all the evil it has done, It will wish there were A great distance Between it and its evil. But God cautions you (To remember) Himself. And God is full of kindness To those that serve Him."
SECTION 4.
31. Say: "If ye do love God, Follow me: God will love you And forgive you your sins: For God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
32. Say: "Obey God And His Apostle": But if they turn back, God loveth not those Who reject Faith.
33. God did choose Adam and Noah, the family Of Abraham, and the family Of ’Imrān above all people,—
34. Offspring, one of the other: And God heareth And knoweth all things.
35. Behold! a woman of ’Imrān Said: "O my Lord! I do Dedicate unto Thee What is in my womb For Thy special service: So accept this of me: For Thou hearest And knowest all things."
36. When she was delivered, She said: "O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered Of a female child!"— And God knew best What she brought forth— "And nowise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, And I commend her And her offspring To Thy protection From the Evil One, The Rejected."
37. Right graciously Did her Lord accept her: He made her grow In purity and beauty: To the care of Zakarīya Was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied With sustenance. He said: "O Mary! Whence (comes) this To you?" She said: "From God: for God Provides sustenance To whom He pleases, Without measure."
38. There here did Zakarīya Pray to his Lord, saying: "O my Lord! Grant unto me From Thee a progeny That is pure: for Thou Art He that heareth prayer!
39. While he was standing In prayer in the chamber, The angels called unto him: "God doth give thee
Glad tidings of Yaḥyā (John The Baptist), Witnessing the truth Of a Word from God, and (be Besides) noble, chaste, And a Prophet, Of the (goodly) company Of the righteous."
40. He said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son, Seeing I am very old, And my wife is barren?" "Thus, "was the answer, "Doth God accomplish What He willeth,"
41. He said: "O my Lord! Give me a Sign!" "Thy Sign, "was the answer, "Shall be that thou Shalt speak to no man For three days But with signals. Then celebrate The praises of thy Lord Again and again,
And glorify Him In the evening And in the morning."

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

SECTION 5.
42. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God hath chosen thee And purified thee—chosen thee Above the women of all nations.
43. "O Mary! Worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, And bow down (in prayer) With those who bow down."
44. This is part of the tidings Of the things unseen, Which We reveal unto thee (O Apostle!) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them When they cast lots With arrows, as to which Of them should be charged With the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them When they disputed (the point).
45. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God giveth thee Glad tidings of a Word From Him: his name Will be Christ Jesus, The son of Mary, held in honour In this world and the Hereafter And of (the company of) those Nearest to God;
46. "He shall speak to the people In childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) Of the righteous."
47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son When no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: God createth What He willeth: When He hath decreed A Plan, He but saith To it, 'Be,' and it is!
48. "And God will teach him The Book and Wisdom, The Law and the Gospel,
49. "And (appoint him) An apostle to the Children Of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, With a Sign from your Lord, In that I make for you Out of clay, as it were, The figure of a bird, And breathe into it, And it becomes a bird By God's leave: And I heal those Born blind, and the lepers, And I quicken the dead, By God's leave; And I declare to you What ye eat, and what ye store In your houses. Surely Therein is a Sign for you If ye did believe;
50. "'(I have come to you), To attest the Law Which was before me. And to make lawful To you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you With a Sign from your Lord. So fear God, And obey me.
51. "'It is God Who is my Lord And your Lord; Then worship Him. This is a Way That is straight.'"
52. When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work Of) God?" Said the Disciples: "We are God's helpers: We believe in God, And do thou bear witness That we are Muslims.
53. "Our Lord! we believe In what Thou hast revealed, And we follow the Apostle; Then write us down Among those who bear witness."
54. And (the unbelievers) Plotted and planned, And God too planned, And the best of planners Is God.
SECTION 6.
55. Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will take thee And raise thee to Myself And clear thee (of the falsehoods) Of those who blaspheme; I will make those Who follow thee superior To those who reject faith, To the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all Return unto me, And I will judge Between you of the matters Wherein ye dispute.
56. "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them With terrible agony In this world and in the Hereafter, Nor will they have Anyone to help.
57. "As to those who believe And work righteousness, God will pay them (in full) Their reward; But God loveth not Those who do wrong.
58. "This is what we rehearse Unto thee of the Signs And the Message Of Wisdom."
59. The similitude of Jesus Before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, Then said to him, "Be": And he was.
60. The Truth (comes) From God alone; So be not of those Who doubt.
61. If any one disputes In this matter with thee, Now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, Say: "Come! let us Gather together, Our sons and your sons, Our women and your women, Ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, And invoke the curse Of God on those who lie!"
62. This is the true account: There is no god Except God; And God—He is indeed The Exalted in Power, The Wise.
63. But if they turn back, God hath full knowledge Of those who do mischief.
SECTION 7.
64. Say: "O People Of the Book! Come To common terms As between us and you: That we worship None but God; That we associate No partners with Him; That we erect not, From among ourselves, Lords and patrons Other than God." If then they turn back, Say ye: "Bear witness That we (at least) Are Muslims (bowing To God's Will)."
65. Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye About Abraham, When the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding?
66. Ah! Ye are those Who fell to disputing (Even) in matters of which Ye had some knowledge! But why dispute ye In matters of which Ye have no knowledge? It is God Who knows, And ye who know not!
67. Abraham was not a Jew Nor yet a Christian; But he was true in Faith,
And bowed his will to God's, (Which is Islam), And he joined not gods with God.
68. Without doubt, among men, The nearest of kin to Abraham, Are those who follow him, As are also this Apostle And those who believe: And God is the Protector Of those who have faith.
69. It is the wish of a section Of the People of the Book To lead you astray. But they shall lead astray (Not you), but themselves, And they do not perceive!
70. Ye People of the Book! Why reject ye The Signs of God, Of which ye are (Yourselves) witnesses?
71. Ye People of the Book! Why do ye clothe Truth with falsehood, And conceal the Truth, While ye have knowledge?
SECTION 8.
72. A section of the People Of the Book say: "Believe in the morning What is revealed To the Believers, But reject it at the end Of the day; perchance They may (themselves) Turn back;
73. "And believe no one Unless he follows Your religion." Say: "True guidance Is the guidance of God: (Fear ye) lest a revelation Be sent to someone (else) Like unto that which was sent Unto you? Or that those (Receiving such revelation) Should engage you in argument Before your Lord?" Say: "All bounties Are in the hand of God: He granteth them To whom He pleaseth: And God careth for all, And He knoweth all things."
74. For His Mercy He specially chooseth Whom He pleaseth; For God is the Lord Of bounties unbounded.
75. Among the People of the Book Are some who, if entrusted With a hoard of gold, Will (readily) pay it back; Others, who, if entrusted With a single silver coin, Will not repay it unless Thou constantly stoodest Demanding, because, They say, "there is no call
On us (to keep faith) With these ignorant (Pagans)." But they tell a lie against God, And (well) they know it.
76. Nay.—Those that keep Their plighted faith And act aright,—verily God loves those Who act aright.
77. As for those who sell The faith they owe to God And their own plighted word For a small price, They shall have no portion In the Hereafter: Nor will God (Deign to) speak to them Or look at them On the Day of Judgment, Nor will He cleanse them (Of sin): they shall have A grievous Penalty.
78. There is among them A section who distort The Book with their tongues (As they read) you would think It is a part of the Book, But it is no part Of the Book; and they say, That is from God," But it is not from God: It is they who tell A lie against God, And (well) they know it!
79. It is not (possible) That a man, to whom Is given the Book, And Wisdom, And the Prophetic Office, Should say to people: "Be ye my worshippers Rather than God's": On the contrary
(He would say): "Be ye worshippers Of Him Who is truly The Cherisher of all: For ye have taught The Book and ye Have studied it earnestly."
80. Nor would he instruct you To take angels and prophets For Lords and Patrons.
What! would he bid you To unbelief after ye have Bowed your will (To God in Islam)?