• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 john 1:8 and "sinless" beliefs?????

My question is how do you think that verse says you will sin forever????

Every person living but Christ HAS SINNED. So each of us has sinned, and if you said you hadn't you are a liar.

How do you think that says, or implies that you will sin forever??? That you will continue sinning?

I can't see that in the words used in the verse.

And if someone wants to imply it is out of context then I'd ask why does it directly contradict 1 john 3:6, 3:9, 5:18??? As well as the thought in 1 john 1:3-7 where John says He walks in the light like GOD does.

Would you claim John lied? Or that God sinned, if you hold no man can walk in the light as God does?

And someone will always say, " do you know anyone that doesn't sin", and I'll shrug my fingers and snub my nose and ask them if they know anyone in their life that raised from the dead after 3 days. If not knowing someone is reason to not believe, then we are all big ole dummies.

I'd really hope to keep the chat on the exegeticals of the 1:8 verse, in the context first of the letter, then of John's comments in general, and then of the apostles, and then of the Bible....

TY for a sincere and serious effort....